Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Keith and Chemda hire Danny Hatch as an intern?
Yes 44 46.32%
No 51 53.68%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

As someone already mentioned, the sterilizations were forced and known as Eugenics, with good old Indiana being the first in the entire world to enact legislation allowing it. Prisoners, mentally ill, minorities, even people with diabete3s were forcibly sterilized. Towards the 1970s court orders had to be enacted for sterilization, but there were cases where the people were told that they were getting their appendix removed such as a case that happened in Indiana in the 1970s. The mother told the judge that her daughter was sneaking out at night and doing badly in school. The daughter didn't find out until she kept trying to get pregnant with her husband and her mother finally told her.

It wasn't until the 80s or 90s where voluntary sterilization programs started coming about, mainly because forced sterilizations were strongly opposed and viewed as rightly unethical. The voluntary programs were still considered controversial because they were mainly targeted towards minorities and the poor population.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Don't hire Danny as an intern, hire him as a mascot.... or a studio pet. Can't have him signing packages with his dick.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

Okay, guys, look, it REALLY hurts when ink gets in your dickhole, so I wouldn't be mailing your packages with my dick if that's what you're so worried about. And I'm not really a stoner—I've done it a few times but in such low doses that it doesn't do much for me. That voice was just my trying to sound cool voice, not my totally baked voice.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhatch View Post
Guys, IT WAS IN EXCHANGE FOR BOOBS. You seem to be missing that part.
It was for BOOB singular if I'm not mistaken. Although one of Aunt Helen's is surely worth two average titties. (Due to quality, obv.)
Old 01-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

re: Google result Keith Malley ChipsAway - there is an auto body repair shop in Glasgow Scotland with a guy running it called Keith Malley.

ChipsAway Glasgow - Car Body Repairs - Services

And Cat is IN Glasgow for school.

I wonder if any of her friends/family Googled Keith Malley and found their local Keith Malley instead of the foreign one.

Spooky.

On the plus side, Cat can keep dating a Keith Malley - locally - if the whole move to NYC thing doesn't pan out somehow.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:32 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbailey View Post
The sad part of the Kodak story is, that they got addicted to the margins they made with film and processing. As a side note they were early into digital photography, but still addicted to the processing margins, whereas they should have started downsizing when the digital revolution started coming.
I'm not convinced this is the reason. I've read a number of stories about Kodak that tried to paint them as "didn't want to change, blah, blah, blah". I think they just couldn't hack it in the digital camera world which was tied closely to computer electronics, had heavy competition and small profits.

Here's a story from 2006:

Quote:
"When Eastman Kodak (EK ) vowed in 2000 to become a leader in digital cameras, the idea seemed ludicrous. The old-line Rochester (N.Y.) company had film and print all through its DNA. Yet by 2005, Kodak ranked No. 1 in the U.S. in digital camera sales. Its digital sales surged 40%, to $5.7 billion, even as its film-based businesses fell 18%.
So why does Kodak Chief Executive Antonio M. Perez now dump on digital cameras, calling them a "crappy business"? Simple: While blazing growth of camera sales has helped blunt the effects of Kodak's fast-fading film revenues, it hasn't replaced the rich profits of the film business. Even the best mass-market cameras yield slim profit margins. So, although Kodak's digital camera business was a roaring sales success, it turned out to be a crushing profit disappointment.
Mistakes Made On The Road To Innovation
It's also worth pointing out that the digital camera business is getting hammered by the existence of cameras in phones. This has lead people to skip buying the whole camera and just use their phone's camera. I remember the "flip camera" (those small one-button video cameras) being the coolest thing a few years ago, but their business also got hammered, too: "RIP Flip Camera: Cisco Restructures" http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2011/04/1...-restructures/

Last edited by MrBrit; 01-13-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #17 (permalink)

Guys stop talking about stuff that isn't me.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
lol

now i wish i could change my vote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Danny! You made me abandoning you your avatar? Lol.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #20 (permalink)

It was a classic "Danny gets abandoned by a female he reaches out to" moment.