Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If he was a friend of a friend, would you have a Taliban soldier over for dinner?
Yes 15 12.40%
No 106 87.60%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #21 (permalink)

Wow - only 9 people voted yes. You wouldn't actually want to talk to the "enemy", right? We might learn something about each other and not want to fight anymore.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I like that you put enemy in quotes.

Who's to say?
Old 01-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I would but I don't know how to cook many sand dishes. I don't want to offend them with mud pies or something.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I like that you put enemy in quotes.

Who's to say?
yeah, I don't know why I put it like that. I meant any enemy and not just specifically the taliban. I'd be fascinated to find out how they think and its always better in a fight to know where the other side is coming from.

I was talking to my girlfriend about this and she agreed with my point of view but said, as a women, ah, she'd probably pass on the taliban.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyReference View Post
yeah, I don't know why I put it like that. I meant any enemy and not just specifically the taliban. I'd be fascinated to find out how they think and its always better in a fight to know where the other side is coming from.

I was talking to my girlfriend about this and she agreed with my point of view but said, as a women, ah, she'd probably pass on the taliban.
What? She doesn't want to have a sit down dinner conversation with someone who thinks she's a whore and should be beaten with a stick (as long as it's no thicker than your finger!) and shouldn't be speaking in public anyway? But but but, she could learn from them!! Like all sorts of burqha fashion tips! I hear visible eyes are out this year.

I just don't get it.

I mean, obviously if we'd just had a nice dinner with Pol Pot, or Hitler, or Bin Laden, and shared a good burgundy, well, not with Bin Laden definitely some fair trade coffee though! Discussed how they're brutal mass murdering fucks over some organic free range ethically sourced dishes, told them we'd really appreciate it if they stopped. Why I'm absolutely certain they'd see our viewpoint, be suitably impressed with our civility and go back to their people chastened, wiser and less murder-y. Pip pip!

Last edited by Daemonik; 01-18-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #26 (permalink)

why do I bother with forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonik View Post
What? She doesn't want to have a sit down dinner conversation with someone who thinks she's a whore and should be beaten with a stick (as long as it's no thicker than your finger!) and shouldn't be speaking in public anyway? But but but, she could learn from them!! Like all sorts of burqha fashion tips! I hear visible eyes are out this year.

I just don't get it.

I mean, obviously if we'd just had a nice dinner with Pol Pot, or Hitler, or Bin Laden, and shared a good burgundy, well, not with Bin Laden definitely some fair trade coffee though! Discussed how they're brutal mass murdering fucks over some organic free range ethically sourced dishes, told them we'd really appreciate it if they stopped. Why I'm absolutely certain they'd see our viewpoint, be suitably impressed with our civility and go back to their people chastened, wiser and less murder-y. Pip pip!
Why not just give up now and bomb everyone then, hey? If talking wont help I'm sure guns will. World War 3 would be a more interesting way to die then old age.

At any point did I say I agree with the Taliban's point of view? It wouldn't be just about trying to convince them they're wrong. Like I said above, if you want to win a battle its better to know how the other side thinks. And maybe you could even have some fun roasting them for their beliefs.

When it comes to world politics I think I'll take Henry Rollins informed opinions, who's traveled the world for the last 20 years meeting, talking and eating with strangers, then those of a hermit who would prefer to never leave New York. When you boil it down you can find common ground with every human who just wants decent shelter, food, water and safety for their family. That at least gives you some place to start so we can work on not killing each other.

Fuck me for being born with empathy. It just makes this life harder.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #27 (permalink)

Keith, your iphone game saves aren't lost. Plug the old phone into itunes. Make a backup. Plug in the new phone. Restore the backup. Angry Birds saves are back.

And your wrong about the peeing soldiers. We're supposed to be better than them.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #28 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You're wrong. How about that?