Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1518: Going Down (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1518-going-down-16870/)

Keith 01-18-2012 03:55 PM

1518: Going Down

"Fuck. Cunt. Shit. Motherfucker. I'm gonna rape you."

Hell & Heartaches

naberdy 01-18-2012 07:12 PM

One of the bigger issues that would directly effect KATG about SOPA and PIPA is the liability they push onto any site offering interactivity. While I understand Keith's point that having to personally contact any and every case of infringement to have it removed is time consuming and unrealistic for a small business, putting liability on the providers would create issues where on forums like these Keith and Chemda could be held personally responsible for any kind of infringement posted by any user. Basically laws like these would force anyone trying to build a community to moderate and police it at all times or risk all kinds of trouble like having Paypal and major credit card companies stop working with them. One of the trickiest things is figuring out what is infringing, if someone on the forums posts a link to a song they claim to have created how are Keith or Chemda supposed to know whether that person is infringing on someone else's copyright. These laws try to pretend that being able to tell what's copyright infringement and what isn't is completely black and white but with the internet and the way regular people have the means to produce all kinds of digital content it's just not that easy anymore.

Edward's Screen Name 01-18-2012 07:49 PM

lol at Keith supporting SOPA and then playing a copyrighted audio track from Jeopardy two minutes later.

Durrr

Daemonik 01-18-2012 08:48 PM

Copyright owners already have power under the DMCA laws to ask a website to take down material they own. Youtube even has tools that make it easier for them. They have abused those tools too and taken down videos they don't in any way own.

Recently Megaupload, which is being sued by Universal, had a video they produced with Will.i.am, Puff Daddy and other famous hip-hop artists pulled from Youtube. Universal claimed they owned the copyright but it was all original work produced for Megaupload, Universal had no claim on the song.

Mystery surrounds Universal's takedown of Megaupload YouTube video | InSecurity Complex - CNET News

Daemonik 01-18-2012 09:01 PM

Here's another reason why SOPA is bad. Copyright owners already unreasonably claim rights to content they have no rights on.

Don't fall for false copyright claims

RealEmotionX 01-18-2012 09:10 PM

SOPA and PIPA would give the entertainment industry the power to shutdown websites with or without proof of copyright infringement, right down to an image that you post that you don't own. And KATG has posted many images just on it's show notes and I know some copyright images have been shared on the forums.

These laws threaten KATG and Keith and Chemda's way of life and business. I think it is extremely important that Keith takes the time to research them because the information actually exists, instead of shutting down because Wikipedia's explanation is vague at best and worthless to the everyman instead of comparing it to the Occupy Movement.

The fact he isn't familiar with Internet Neutrality actually alarmed me, and I am sure he will look through my posts (or recognize my username as is) and probably just write me off. But I am very serious here.

The best resource for information on this subject is right here

Save the Internet | Join the fight for Internet Freedom

Take the time and understand this, cause its really important. We would be handing the power of free speech over to the entertainment industry who would have China levels of power to censor the way we and in large the world see the internet.

Grampoo 01-18-2012 09:14 PM

I was so excited when you guys gave mention to Todd Glass's coming out. He did it on Mark Maron's WTF podcast (not to cross-promote, but you've had Maron on here and this particular episode is REALLY worth listening to). Interesting stuff, along the lines of Lauren explaining her situation. Just good honesty that helped me understood or feel some things I didn't before.

WittyReference 01-18-2012 11:00 PM

Why does Keith laugh when Chemda says, "why do you have to wait for the government to tell you not to pirate stuff? If you believe it's wrong then stop doing it yourself."? At the same time he's mad at the idea of people torrenting his stuff he has admitted several times to doing it himself.

Keith 01-18-2012 11:25 PM

She didn't say that you fucking idiot.

WittyReference 01-18-2012 11:34 PM

Well it wasn't a direct quote but it was the gist. 54 minutes in "Okay then stop now. Why do you wait for the government to control you before you do the right thing...." but thanks for explaining your self so eloquently. - insert insult here-