Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1518: Going Down (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1518-going-down-16870/)

Fourbid 01-19-2012 04:02 PM

I didn't know what the fuck was going on with these bills either. But, this video cleared it up.

orangemachine 01-19-2012 08:12 PM

KEITH!
I can't believe you could care so little about these respective bills.

While I agree that it sucks for the corporations to have to do all this work to keep their content off the internet... however YOU KEITH could suffer directly from this law. All that music in the KATG archives contains copy-righted music. They would have the ability to shut down ALL OF KATG for having just 1 copy written song.

An "extreme" example would be possible even mentioning the contents of a movie (a spoiler) could result in a shut down.

The other half of this movement is the "Funny Machine" (weird machine) Bill (Law). Basically 'they' want to make it so that computers read and decide on which processes are prevented from running. The theory is to stop from some processes from running (Pirated movies, software etc).

Keith 01-19-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangemachine (Post 718684)
An "extreme" example would be possible even mentioning the contents of a movie (a spoiler) could result in a shut down.

When you put "extreme" in quotes does it mean "ridiculous"?

orangemachine 01-19-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 718687)

No because Copy Right is a Gray Area law.

I think the main issue is that these corporations have already gone after fan videos who use copy righted music. Did those people intend to distribute copy righted material? Probably not.. they probably are really excited about the content of the video (you've done this keith).

Along the same vein, your beloved skim-that could be shut down because the are re-publishing news paper article.

I create copyable content for a living. It grinds me whenever I see what I've created reused without my permission. In the end, you can't control digital content. This is the same issue with mix tapes (& CDs) essentially, except the copy-right holders can't cut a cheque from internet for every time you distribute digital content.

orangemachine 01-19-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings (Post 718690)
Orangemachine:

Haha! Little did you know that Keith lettered on the debate team.

SERVED!

I think Keith is just upset because he knows how I voted on the new Poll.

MrBrit 01-20-2012 07:07 PM

The Taliban vs Al-Queda

I don't know why everyone insists that the Taliban and Al-Queda are completely different.

Mullah Omar (leader of the Taliban) and Osama Bin Laden were actually quite close. A number of years back a hard drive was captured in Afghanistan which included a number of emails between Osama Bin Laden and Mullah Omar: Inside Al-Qaeda’s Hard Drive - Magazine - The Atlantic

The two also solidified their relationship by marrying each other's daughters:
"Reports also indicate that Mullah Omar has close personal ties with Laden as he has married bin Laden’s eldest daughter and that bin Laden has married one of Mullah Omar’s daughters."
Terror Tuesday: Impact on South Asia -- Mullah Mohammed Omar-Profile

orangemachine 02-27-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 718687)

Thank god SOPA didn't pass.

Your right, this shit is ridiculous.