Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: TGIF?
Yes 70 69.31%
No 31 30.69%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by operababe View Post
Am I the only one who thought that the guy Meg talked to after the rape, the one on the couch, was potentially the rapist himself? She didn't get a good look at the guy and all she knew was he left the room... not the house. On top of that this guy seemed to have a pretty good understanding of what went on upstairs.

I would assume that a person who is willing to take an obviously out of it girl home and have sex with her and then run away the next morning would not be someone that has the balls to sit and talk with her the next day like that.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I have all Stepford friends too, so I totally identified with Meg's issues there. There have been times that I just stayed at home because being around them - my own friends - made me feel too bad about myself. Not because of anything they said, just because of the way they looked.

Meg and Chris were great guests and Meg's stories were both touching and interesting. Great show everyone.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #33 (permalink)

I finally decided that most of my highschool friends weren't worth the trouble when I moved back to my home town. After hanging around with them for a few months I started to wonder if they had always been gossiping about each other, incredibly rude to service workers, and just plain bitches. I decided to make myself unavailable until they finally got the hint and for the most part I don't hear from them unless there is a Bachelorette party or birthday... and even then I usually get out of those.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #34 (permalink)

I loved both Meg and Chris. Have them back! Incredibly moving show. I want to give Meg a hug.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #35 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Holy Manic Batman!
Old 01-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #36 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Wow. What a powerful show. Meg is hilarious and I loved her honesty.
Maybe I'd feel better about all my horredus shit if I went on a podcast and spilled my guts to strangers. Love these two!
Old 01-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by operababe View Post
I went to highschool with the guy who took advantage of me (not nearly as bad as her story, but still unpleasant). I saw him every day for close to 3 years after it happened and told no one. Very uncomfortable.
I went to high school with a guy who (not half-assed, and sober) raped me and it played a big part in my dropping out. When it still bothered me to see him shortly before I dropped out, my boyfriend at the time smashed the guy over the head with a skateboard. He had to get stitches on the inside of his head.
That pretty much got rid of the uncomfortableness for me.

Last edited by iheartnihilism; 01-24-2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: I don't mean to insult by using "half-assed", you know what I mean.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart Horse View Post
Body image issues! From the mother to the daughter. It's tough and pervasive. Nasty business. One message perhaps. - Value your true friends.
THIS is why I'm so cautious to not let my body image affect my daughters. When we lived in SoCal, our 2 year old neighbor girl checked out her own tush in the mirror...because that is what mom did. I can't imagine putting that pressure on a toddler! So I'm very careful to not say how I feel about my body in front of my kids...and for that matter, in front of my husband. Why does he need to hear me talk about myself in such a horrible way?

It is very tough to do, but it CAN be done! (thankfully, I don't have many stepford friends)
Old 01-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
I went to high school with a guy who (not half-assed, and sober) raped me and it played a big part in my dropping out. When it still bothered me to see him shortly before I dropped out, my boyfriend at the time smashed the guy over the head with a skateboard. He had to get stitches on the inside of his head.
That pretty much got rid of the uncomfortableness for me.
I just had a guy grab me in high school and fondle me for a good five minutes against my will and then acted like nothing happened...I still can't think about him without getting angry, I can't believe how I'd feel if more had happened.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by word View Post
Am I the only who wants to fuck this meg chic.
Nope, you're not the only one. Want to see if she's down to double down?