Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you get road rage?
Yes 68 58.12%
No 49 41.88%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1523: Corner Donkey

"GIMME MY BIKE!!!"

Trey Galyon | Facebook
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Road Rage Daddy

Jesus fucking christ, I'm the biggest asshole driver of cars - ever. I was taking my 9 yr old daughter through a drive-thru for a quick breakfast one morning. Within seconds of getting the food I stopped quick to hand them out of the bag to my girl and this lady behind me starts honking. Bad move. I turn off the car. Turn on the hazards and get out of the car and just start screaming at the lady. I'm holding up the line. My daughter is completely embaressed. And I look like the lunatic that I am. The lady is obviously shocked and like WTF? And my daughter is traumatized for life.... but I think I made my point...whatever it was.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Make your razor blades last forever

I got one for x-mas last year and I was fairly skeptical, but it really works as advertised. I would normally go through 2-3 blades a month but with this thing I'm still using the 5-pack I bought sometime in january 2011

Get RazorPit ® - Razor blade sharpener
Old 01-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Calm down

I never indicated that I was angry that Cynthia Nixon won't pick a label, I was merely suggesting that she should. It would make it easier to see where she is coming from. I gave the list to demonstrate that there are plenty that she can choose from.

I only know these labels because my job is to work with LGBT youth as an advisor. When I first started working for this organization the labels blew my mind too, and they keep changing! Last month I went to a Trans 101 workshop and the facilitator said that we should only say "Trans" now in our communications. They are dropping the transgender, transexual, and transvestite labels completely. I was like WTF, I just learned what the differences were between them. When they started talking about Ze and Zer and cisgender, my eyes started to glaze over.

As for "the Blacks", it's the American Blacks (sorry African-Americans) that keep changing the label, the rest of the world is still ok with Black.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

does the guest from whats my name show have phantom dick or will she.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermie Ninja View Post
As for "the Blacks", it's the American Blacks (sorry African-Americans) that keep changing the label, the rest of the world is still ok with Black.
Is it, though? I feel like it is the left, not black people, changing the label. There might be black people in the left who purport to speak for black people, but that is not the same thing. The left has a standing preoccupation with reassigning labels to things.

As far as the poll goes, no, because who cares. If it was so important that I get wherever I'm going, I should not have been cutting it so close. And if it isn't so important, I can listen to music and think, which is a pretty nice thing, regardless of my rate of progression.

Last edited by Cretaceous Bob; 01-27-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Labels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Is it, though? I feel like it is the left, not black people, changing the label. There might be black people in the left who purport to speak for black people, but that is not the same thing. The left has a standing preoccupation with reassigning labels to things..
I don't think it's just the left, I think that we all have a preoccupation with labelling things because it makes it quicker and easier to navigate through your day.
For example, if a guy flirts with another guy, and the guy being hit on labels himself as straight or unavailable, the conversation can either end, or move on to something else. In this case labelling is extremely beneficial.

I agree that labels can become a pain in the ass especially when they keep changing, but I also think that people confuse the label of "African American" to indicate an entire race, when it’s actually an indication of nationality. Charlize Theron is African with American citizenship? Is she African American? I’m from Bermuda but when I travel to the states I am referred to as African American. Maybe Americans are scared to say “Black” now?
Old 01-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've chilled out alot about driving, I do alot of ignoring and shruggin now, although I've got stories just like most people. Heck one story K&C read on the show, more of a pedestrian rage thing though.

For Chemda's story I thought that I would have hopped up and sat on the hood of my car and smiled until they drove away, or wanted to fight. Of course I'm a fit young man, and I do have a beating-stick in my backseat. Then I realized she was talking about being in front of her house (I assumed she was talking about picking Land up from work). No, I don't fuck with anyone around my neighbor, it's uncomfortable to have to keep a gun in my shoulder holster.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

re: razors

My GF (at the time) bought me a safety razor for Xmas 2010. It rocks. Great close shave, blades are cheap enough that you can toss them after 3 shaves (I get 6-10 shaves per blade). Really, check this: 100 blades, $15. The handle for the blade will set you back about $30 I think. Shaving soap and a brush should run you about $25. So the whole setup will be about $75 for the first year. Expensive for sure -- but the second year you're looking at $25 or so for the whole damn year. And all stuff you can get on Amazon so there's no waiting for the razors to go on sale or remembering what type of blade you need to buy.

Plus, fuck those guys at Gillette or Bic or whatever. The process of cutting hair has been the same for ummm, ever, so it's not like they have some new advance in shaving that justifies the price. The whole fancy-blade-razor thing is just a way to separate you from your money. Get past it and go old school.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherWayne View Post
My GF (at the time) bought me a safety razor for Xmas 2010. It rocks. Great close shave, blades are cheap enough that you can toss them after 3 shaves (I get 6-10 shaves per blade). Really, check this: 100 blades, $15. The handle for the blade will set you back about $30 I think. Shaving soap and a brush should run you about $25. So the whole setup will be about $75 for the first year. Expensive for sure -- but the second year you're looking at $25 or so for the whole damn year. And all stuff you can get on Amazon so there's no waiting for the razors to go on sale or remembering what type of blade you need to buy.

Plus, fuck those guys at Gillette or Bic or whatever. The process of cutting hair has been the same for ummm, ever, so it's not like they have some new advance in shaving that justifies the price. The whole fancy-blade-razor thing is just a way to separate you from your money. Get past it and go old school.
Fuck it, I'm buying a straight razor and a whet stone.