Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Keith get his security deposit back?
Yes 49 51.04%
No 47 48.96%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

My mother texts (and emails) like that with the ellipses and the weird capitalization. She is also a realtor. So maybe they learn it in realtor school. I am allowed to sit in her front seat though.

I wish they had for haircuts what they have for dentists now where they put you to sleep and you wake up and it's all done. I would much rather endure a drill to my molars than trying to talk to the girl who can't tell I don't care about what my hair looks like.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I'm surprised at the poll right now. Keith is definitely getting his money back.
Have some faith people.

Persistence and something like that.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

For some reason most landlords feel entitled to at least a portion of their tenant's security deposits. My suggestion would be to document the state of your apartment today with digital photos. Take pictures of every corner, every crack, every scuff, every inch and just store them in a dated folder on your computer. It's an insurance policy for you, photographic proof when your current landlord inevitably attempts to stiff you on your deposit when you move out.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
My mother texts (and emails) like that with the ellipses and the weird capitalization. She is also a realtor. So maybe they learn it in realtor school. I am allowed to sit in her front seat though.
There is a women at work in her 40's who sends emails to customers with random capitalisation and weird punctuation like !!!??? which makes it looks like shes 12 and talking to her friends. When I replied to her in the same style to show how silly it was she didn't even notice I was mocking her.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

If you don't get the deposit back...

I think the 4/15 show should be there. Keep those keys, make it BYOB&C&S (bring your own bottle and chair and sledgehammer/sugar). Didn't Rob Paravonian say he wished he had recorded his CD at home with all his friends?

On a separate note, I must be mentally deficient. For some reason, I always thought Lauren was an actor in Wicked. I always thought that green half smile on the show's logo was an over-saturated picture of Lauren smirking. Since it is not, I say make it so.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Not one person has commented on how Myq insulted KATG, the show, as well as the hosts personally. Maybe it's not for me to say on Keith or Chemda's behalf, (and clearly it isn't for me to say at all) Myq was completely out of line when he was diminishing the size / reach / importance / impact (pick whichever hyper-specific categorization you want, Myq) of "Keith and The Girl" as compared to Conan's show. To illustrate my point, Myq's voice starts to trail off and you can hear the side-stepping he's doing while neither Keith or Chemda jump in to lend a hand. To me, it sounds as if the hosts are letting him drown while they sit on a pile of life preservers. Good. No - let me italicize that so as to express some schadenfreude. Good. What a fucking slap in the face to the show and its hosts.

Starting at the 8:18 mark, Myq says, "Also, Conan O'Brien is way more important than this [show]." He says this in all seriousness. Right after that, he realizes what he just said and attempts to play it off by saying in a joking tone, "This show is nothing. This show that I'm doing right now, that you guys are real nice to have me on..." By then, it's too late, Myq. You've just put your foot in your mouth.

I am shocked that 1) no posts have commented on this as of yet as well as 2) the poll wasn't whether or not Myq insulted the show and hosts, and maybe even to an extent, the show's listeners. In both cases, Conan's show and "Keith and The Girl", neither would continue to exist without viewers or listeners, respectively. So, Myq essentially said that Conan's fans matter more than KATG fans. Look at this - now I'm offended! Not only do I think Myq owes the "Keith and The Girl", Keith, and Chemda an apology, he owes their fans an apology, too.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklXbns View Post
Not one person has commented on how Myq insulted KATG...
I just listened back to the section you're referring to, and will agree that what I said did not come out correctly.

I was aiming to point out that Conan's program is a larger-scale operation numbers-wise (not only with quantity of audience members, but also having a much larger group of people working on the show, managing operations, doing the booking, fact-checking, and ostensibly name-pronouncing prep work).

All that said, my point was that if anyone SHOULD be getting names right, it should be Conan with all these resources at his disposal, as opposed to Keith and Chemda, who are doing much more on their own. Which means I was agreeing with Keith's point and endorsing how much he cares about his show and his guests.

That was my intent. I acknowledge that it didn't come out as smoothly as all that, but also I feel my subsequent joking/sincere groveling made clear my intentions, my affection for the show, and my appreciation. (And perhaps that was already made clear to everyone else who didn't comment on it, but if anyone is in need of further words, let me know! I am always happy to provide words.)
Old 02-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #18 (permalink)

I think Myq is really funny sometimes, although his laugh seems so disingenuous and fake, it stops dead, reminds me of laughter tracks on shitty sitcoms...

Jessie Joyce and Myq have the same problem, they are so afraid of missing the opportunity to make a joke they cant let a conversation flow.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Myq,

What you just said, that's supposed to clear things up? To me, it sounds as if you're saying it's unlikely two people working on their own can properly produce something free of errors. What you said on the show and what you just posted just sounds like a lot of back-peddling.

All-in-all, I really have no say in this situation. I completely understand that I am only speaking for myself and not for the show or hosts. I also understand that no matter what I say in response to any of your explanations, you'll continue to defend yourself and what you said. As far as I'm concerned, you said what you truly think, then realized how that sounded and tried to make it not sound as bad as it did. If you think Conan's show matters more, then own it. If you think that Conan has a wider reach than KATG as far as audience numbers, which means they have more production staff, which means fact-checking should be more thorough, then maybe say that rather than saying that Conan matters more.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklXbns View Post
Myq,

What you just said, that's supposed to clear things up? To me, it sounds as if you're saying it's unlikely two people working on their own can properly produce something free of errors.
Now it seems like you are willfully misinterpreting.

In my last post, what I was saying that if either of the two shows has more of a manpower-related excuse to not fact-check pronunciations, it's KATG. Keith and Chemda are two people who do a great job, producing something free of errors. When did I ever say they weren't?

Quote:
If you think that Conan has a wider reach than KATG as far as audience numbers, which means they have more production staff, which means fact-checking should be more thorough, then maybe say that rather than saying that Conan matters more.
I just did say that. Didn't I?

And I never said anything about "mattering." I did say Conan was "more important," which, in hindsight, didn't make the point I wanted to make, which is why I'm here aiming to illuminate the way I actually feel.

The concept of being "important" is itself vague and subjective, and you're right, I would rather have been explicit and specific in my statements on the show, about both the fact that Conan's show is a larger production with more staff and resources working on it, as well as the fact that (in my understanding) Conan has more viewers than KATG has listeners, which doesn't diminish how great or significant KATG is, but in the interest of having one's name properly disseminated to maximum viewers/listeners, Conan is a more substantial platform to that end (though doesn't take into account the loyalty and rabidness of each's fanbase, nor does it factor in how likely fans of each are to support the comics that the shows promote... which was acknowledged).

Yes, I said "important" when maybe I should have said "big." My apologies. But now I think you are willfully and unnecessarily importantly-reacting. Friends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorboat View Post
I think Myq is really funny sometimes, although his laugh seems so disingenuous and fake...
I can't believe that no one has commented about what an insult this is to KATG, the show, and Keith and Chemda individually.
Are you saying that they are not capable of making me laugh naturally?
Anyone who knows me knows that I am not an actor, not a great pretender, nor do I try to be (I don't pretend to be a great pretender; it wouldn't work, as I am not a great pretender), so any time I make laughing sounds, it's because I'm laughing.
Keith and Chemda make me laugh more than a lot of people do, and if my laughter stops abruptly, it's only because I want to hear the next things they say.

Friends?