Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Which Avenger is the most homosexual?
Thor 51 50.00%
Captain America 40 39.22%
Iron Man 3 2.94%
The Hulk 8 7.84%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Poll

No straight man runs around in only a torn pair of purple daisy dukes.
Hulk = Gayest
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

Interesting

I have been listening to the show since it was in the low 3 digit numbered episodes, and I have to say that this is the first time I have heard Chemda in her neurotic state. At 56:24 Keith asked her if she was allowed to eat the food that her mom made for her, and she had a nervous chuckle right after her response "I ate everything but the cookies."

Very interesting indeed.

If I'm right and that nervous chuckle was genuine then that is where her neurotic ego is hiding.

This isn't a bad thing, or a good thing, it's just a small clue as to what sets us off and/or makes us tick. We do a great deal of reactions based on what we think is a personality trait, but that is just not true. Most of our impulsive actions are governed by our neurotic egos.

Chemda you are a wonderful person, and I think that you are a rational and a good-hearted adult. I also think that you know how to become stoic on command, and that you can hide your true emotions most of the time.

Am I right, or am I just reading too deeply into this?

This message brought to you by rawwwr rawwwr. No wait!
Old 02-08-2012, 01:17 AM   #13 (permalink)

I think Chemda's mom completely manipulated her. She didn't want to talk about it, and by the end of the conversation she had you apologizing to her even though she's the one treating you bad. She has Jewish mom guilt super powers.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:09 AM   #14 (permalink)

Sorry to hear that the chat with Chemda's mom didn't go as planned. My mom also comments on my weight all the time, yet is constantly worried if I'm eating enough when she's not around and will cook tons of food when I visit. I'm not really overweight either and she'll say nothing if I do lose a few pounds, but whoo... better not add any. She also lost her mom while a teen and had to suddenly run the household, she still seems very anxious to be in control of everything all the time and is not quick to show affection or have a heart to heart. When her mother was alive she also had the impression she was not "liked". I just think these sort of hurts and hardships pass down from mother to daughter and affect each generation and it's especially difficult when their generation were not big on discussing feelings... I think it's wonderful that you've become such a great communicator despite it all and am always impressed by your assertive and sure way of expressing yourself. Maybe your mom did learn a little more than she let on.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #15 (permalink)

Whenever Chemda' s relationship with her parents is discussed I always think "Yeah, I don't get it." And I'm kinda glad that I don't.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #16 (permalink)

Thor is hands down the gayest Avenger... "Hello, I'm Thor... the God of Thunder... I wear really tight armor and I like to swing my hammer around in a circle... when I'm not fighting with my brother... I mostly like to brood on my daddy issues..."
Old 02-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
If I'm right and that nervous chuckle was genuine then that is where her neurotic ego is hiding.

Am I right, or am I just reading too deeply into this?
The chuckle was that her mom made all those cookies and she doesn't like them. I think it is that more than that the cookies are high in calories.

That being said, Chemda's relationship with her mom is what it is. I think her mom does manipulate her, but the stories she is telling is much like the ones I hear from my mom's relationship with HER mother. Very VERY similar. It makes me understand my mom more (how she always has to please everyone and why sometimes I think she lets people step all over her).

Chemda, for the record...one of my daughters does not like affection (I'm referring to what your mom said about you as a child) but that isn't stopping me from treating her different from her super affectionate older brother and affectionate but emotional younger sister. Each kid is different. You love them all the same. You try to find connections and ways to relate.

This issue sounds more like your mom not knowing how to deal with her own emotions than being the way she is because you weren't affectionate as a little girl.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #18 (permalink)

I predicted 21 - 17! But I chose the pats. Whomp whomp.
Also, "hogglesworth" made me giggle like the nerd I am.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #19 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
Also, "hogglesworth" made me giggle like the nerd I am.
Any time Keith does a Harry Potter reference, he endears himself to me even more.