Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: MEN ONLY: If you found out your woman was abused, you would...
seek out and confront the person. 29 28.43%
confront the person if you ran into them. 43 42.16%
let it go. 12 11.76%
lend them your bicycle. 18 17.65%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

Damn it Libsyn! I was gonna catch it live to but spaced and remembered again when it was over....
Looking forward to the show whenever it's fixed.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

It's now fixed for everyone's pleasure!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:05 AM   #13 (permalink)

Just for the record, it's impossible to listen to the second performance of Bridget & the Squares without thinking of all that's been said.
I think I've actually grown up a little bit listening to this. Great show as always, la crème de la crème as they say.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

regarding the poll: first option, no need to think about it. Hunt down, and hit hard. Very hard.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I had to go with "confront the person if you ran into them," but it was almost a go and seek them out. My wife and I have been together since shortly after our 19th birthdays. If I found out she was abused by a significant other, it would have to have been when they were both kids. I'm not going to go look for someone who was a screwed up teenager for the same reasons you all don't recommend going and picking a fight with a former bully.

Now, if I found out the abuse happened since we were together, I'd definitely be making an appearance in the abuser's life very quickly.

On a side note, it is 1/3 of the way through a month that is allocated for the celebration of a formerly oppressed minority population in the U.S. However, I have heard no mention of a corresponding program in the KATG stores to clothe this minority as reparations for said former oppression. Have we completed the healing process?
Old 02-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #16 (permalink)

Considering how much time is spent on this show complaining about Comediens stealing bits... did anyone else notice the joke straight out of Seinfeld stand up that came from Keith today?
Old 02-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #17 (permalink)

Hugs to Laura. I knew girls in high school who were getting pushed around by their boyfriends and pressured to have sex when they didn't want to. And she's right; when you're that young you have a sense that it's wrong but you still don't have that maturity to handle it. It doesn't help that some of these controlling behaviors are still romanticized as being "expressions of love." Like that Twilight shit. Edward is a fucking stalker, one of the werewolves ripped his girlfriend's face off but everyone shrugs and is like, "he has that animal temper, you know." And tweens buy into this crap and believe that's romance. It's poisonous.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #18 (permalink)

Emotional show... but absolutely love Bridget And The Squares, thank you so much KATG for introducing us to such fantastic music. Going to buy the album on iTunes as soon as I add some credit to it. <3
Old 02-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #19 (permalink)

that horrid crass "guy" attitude is a classic. and it gets worse. when tehy quit hitting on your girl, they start fights. drunk, sad and belligerent. normally id snap and headbutt them, but that would also get me in trouble five times a day. which is ok but has to be put under control
Old 02-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Hugs to Laura. I knew girls in high school who were getting pushed around by their boyfriends and pressured to have sex when they didn't want to. And she's right; when you're that young you have a sense that it's wrong but you still don't have that maturity to handle it. It doesn't help that some of these controlling behaviors are still romanticized as being "expressions of love." Like that Twilight shit. Edward is a fucking stalker, one of the werewolves ripped his girlfriend's face off but everyone shrugs and is like, "he has that animal temper, you know." And tweens buy into this crap and believe that's romance. It's poisonous.
i alwsy thought that wtilight was the real reason behind all rape.