Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Whose side are you on?
The father's 177 90.77%
The daughter's 18 9.23%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #111 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
Also, I disagree, sometimes kids need slapped.
You're wrong. If you have to use physical force to control your child, you didn't raise them well. And I know that will piss people off, but it is true. Same with animals. If you have a dog that is out of control, physical abuse doesn't make them better, it makes them savage...the way to fix it, you take them to obedience school.

Kids are little shits sometimes, but rarely to the point where they "need slapped". I have three kids under 6, and I can count on one hand how many times they've been spanked. And they are not spanked out of anger (well, there was that ONE time, and I was post partum and needed meds).
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #112 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
I have three kids under 6
I'm curious. What's your thoughts on home birth? Also, did you get a spinal?
Old 02-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #113 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
i think this thread has made me realize how the coomunity has hit rock bottom and is mostly formed by humorless haters, now.
Don't despair. Pass the JFOD juice, Junk. I'm in! Although, it would be kinda funny if Chemda had a taser and would just intermittently shock JFOD just to shut him the fuck up long enough for Keith to make a joke, Chemda to make a point, and JFOD to...well, just long enough for him to take a breath.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #114 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
I'm curious. What's your thoughts on home birth? Also, did you get a spinal?
I had an epidural with all three kids. I knew I couldn't handle pain. Though the first one ended up wearing off so I felt most of the pain with my first one. I feel that I wouldn't do dental work without pain killers, why have a baby without? I understand, though, that some women really want that experience.

I'm not a fan of homebirth unless it is your second child and the first birth was textbook. I also think you need to have a well educated doula with you. I photograph births, and I've seen too many things go wrong in the hospital...I can't imagine if you were at home and something went wrong.

And I'm more against homebirth because of that stupid Ricci Lake "documentary" and that she has convinced a bunch of educated woman that birthing in your bathtub is more natural than at a hospital.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post

I'm not a fan of homebirth unless it is your second child and the first birth was textbook. I also think you need to have a well educated doula with you. I photograph births, and I've seen too many things go wrong in the hospital...I can't imagine if you were at home and something went wrong.
My daughter was born at home. It was amazing. We also had an incredible mid-wife. My little mountain town is a liberal bubble of hippies - so you hear about new doulas and 'birthing centers' all the time. We were 23 at the time though, in retrospect, I wouldn't DREAM of having a home birth again! haha. My favorite Patton Oswalt joke on the subject is: "Home Births: it's like to you take years of medical science and just throw it away! Hey, I can't even figure out the tv remote, why don't I stand over here nervously as a man?" haha.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #116 (permalink)

Thought everyone might enjoy this.
Facebook Parenting- continued - YouTube
Old 02-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #117 (permalink)

Humorless? I forgot people aren't entitled to different personalities or opinions. Come on.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer09007 View Post
Thought everyone might enjoy this.
Facebook Parenting- continued - YouTube
damn funny and clever.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #119 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

JFOD is my favorite guest. I love you, JFOD, even if you do send videos two months late, they're awesome, and you're awesome.

I like John as a guest, and I agree with him that there's still a lot of stigma around mental illness. I'd love to hear Chemda take that on in What's My Name, because I don't think people get how weird it is to stigmatize that stuff.