Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Whose side are you on?
The father's 177 90.77%
The daughter's 18 9.23%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

New favorite episode? Yup.

Last edited by BlackhatGuy; 02-11-2012 at 01:32 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

Hey Scott, no cookie no nookie.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #13 (permalink)

Parenting HERO!
I remember my sister getting her phone smashed by my dad when he caught her on it while grounded. He grabbed it, took it outside and smashed the shit out of it.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Vulgar Display of Parental Power

As a parent and a gun owner I say the following: 'that father in the video, whilst seemingly 'putting his foot down' is actually making the situation worst. My list of points would include:
1) You don't just destroy something of your daughters...even if she is being a bitch. It's called maturity. You can sell it. Take it away. Whatever.
2) SHOOTING your child's lap-top on a viral youtube video is incredibly gross as a gun-owner. It is implying that they solve problems just by firing them, can be used thoughtlessly AND in acts of rage. I've been around guns my whole life. They aren't something you treat in this manner. They are for hunting and protection. I can't fucking stand seeing idiots w/ guns. Most of my friends are 'gun-hating liberals' and it's stupid shit like that makes it hard for reasonable gun-owners like myself...to own and use guns.
3) Your a shit father! Where do you think this girls behavior stems from? You can make the 'nature or nurture' arguement, but this man is simply sending a very confusing and hateful message to what I assume is a teenage girl. If she's such a cunt, perhaps you should not have had her, OR, paid more attention to her. DO you think publicly humiliating her is going to bring you two together?
4) It's fun to cheer this guy on, (the video is admittedly hilarious) but look people, how many of us KatG fans have had super-fucked-up childhoods? When we're all done laughing at this, let's examine the psychology of this video...it isn't right.
5) Thank you. Cue 'the more you know music' haha
Old 02-11-2012, 03:56 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
As a parent and a gun owner I say the following: 'that father in the video, whilst seemingly 'putting his foot down' is actually making the situation worst. My list of points would include:
1) You don't just destroy something of your daughters...even if she is being a bitch. It's called maturity. You can sell it. Take it away. Whatever.
2) SHOOTING your child's lap-top on a viral youtube video is incredibly gross as a gun-owner. It is implying that they solve problems just by firing them, can be used thoughtlessly AND in acts of rage. I've been around guns my whole life. They aren't something you treat in this manner. They are for hunting and protection. I can't fucking stand seeing idiots w/ guns. Most of my friends are 'gun-hating liberals' and it's stupid shit like that makes it hard for reasonable gun-owners like myself...to own and use guns.
3) Your a shit father! Where do you think this girls behavior stems from? You can make the 'nature or nurture' arguement, but this man is simply sending a very confusing and hateful message to what I assume is a teenage girl. If she's such a cunt, perhaps you should not have had her, OR, paid more attention to her. DO you think publicly humiliating her is going to bring you two together?
4) It's fun to cheer this guy on, (the video is admittedly hilarious) but look people, how many of us KatG fans have had super-fucked-up childhoods? When we're all done laughing at this, let's examine the psychology of this video...it isn't right.
5) Thank you. Cue 'the more you know music' haha
I would stongly suggest, if you haven't already, checking out the guys Facebook page linked too in the video description. He probably agrees with some of your points. He says he didn't mean it to go viral and (without going rehashing all of it) I think one of the most important points is that they haven't profited from this and they don't want too! He did it to prove a point (in some degree of anger) and too me he was taking it too the next level in the best way he thought as part of answering your point 3.

I am a father, most likely a pretty bad one at times. I love my kids and I want to do my best for them. I can tell you, probably exactly as my parents told me and I ignored them, my kids have it so much better then I had it. Finding the right balance of punishment to encouragement, is one of the most difficult things to work out! I strongly think that one of the hardest things about parenting is that you have one shot at it! You can't go "I really stuffed up handling that issue! Lets pretend it didn't happen and go back and live that last week again". Doesn't work like that!

Any way, again, before making your opinion of the guy (Tommy) check out his facebook page as it fills out the whole story!

JMTC
Old 02-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

For anyone who's curious, from his Facebook page:

Q: How did your daughter respond to the video and to what happened to her laptop?

A: She responded to the video with “I can’t believe you shot my computer!” That was the first thing she said when she found out about it. Then we sat and we talked for quite a long while on the back patio about the things she did, the things I did in response, etc.

Later after she’d had time to process it and I’d had time to process her thoughts on the matters we discussed, we were back to a semi-truce… you know that uncomfortable moment when you’re in the kitchen with your child after an argument and you’re both waiting to see which one’s going to cave in and resume normal conversation first? Yeah, that moment. I told her about the video response and about it going viral and about the consequences it could have on our family for the next couple of days and asked if she wanted to see some of the comments people had made. After the first few hundred comments, she was astounded with the responses.

People were telling her she was going to commit suicide, commit a gun-related crime, become a drug addict, drop out of school, get pregnant on purpose, and become a stripper because she’s too emotionally damaged now to be a productive member of society. Apparently stripper was the job-choice of most of the commenters. Her response was “Dude… it’s only a computer. I mean, yeah I’m mad but pfft.” She actually asked me to post a comment on one of the threads (and I did) asking what other job fields the victims of laptop-homicide were eligible for because she wasn’t too keen on the stripping thing.

We agreed we learned two collective lessons from this so far:

First: As her father, I’ll definitely do what I say I will, both positive and negative and she can depend on that. She no longer has any doubt about that.

Second: We have always told her what you put online can affect you forever. Years later a single Facebook/MySpace/Twitter comment can affect her eligibility for a good job and can even get her fired from a job she already has. She’s seen first-hand through this video the worst possible scenario that can happen. One post, made by her Dad, will probably follow him the rest of his life; just like those mean things she said on Facebook will stick with the people her words hurt for a long time to come. Once you put it out there, you can’t take it back, so think carefully before you use the internet to broadcast your thoughts and feeling.

Swiggy - She/Her/elle
Old 02-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewandev View Post
Keith,
All Apple can do is stop using these manufacturers (and they are exploring other manufacturers in other countries). Of course, if they stop using these cheap manufacturers then costs will go up for their products. If these protesters really wanted to help these workers, they would offer to pay double for their consumer electronics.
That doesn't make sense. You can't go to Best Buy or Apple store and offer to pay $600 for a product that is listed $300. The only way to protest is to not buy the products at all, boycott until Apple manufactures their products HERE, where American workers can benefit. And yes, then we would be paying double, but only then. If Apple and other companies doubled their price now, either Apple or FoxConn would be keeping the additional profits. The manufacturers would be give their employees the same low pay, the work conditions would stay the same.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
FUCKING JFOD FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING WIN! 15 minutes in and on the floor. SupermegaLOLZ.
I completely agree! JFOD is amazing every time! There's so many great guests, but no one can touch JFOD as far as making me laugh (either from something he says, or something said to him).
Old 02-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
To be clear, I applaud any father who actually gives a shit AND disciplines their kid. I've seen it all over the United States, (no doubt where you guys live, this occurs as well) where the child just 'runs game' on the parent. The child will hit, swear, and just abuse the parent. What I do not approve of in this video is that the guy is saying don't do hurtful things on internet - then proceeds to do it himself. Also, this guy has a maid? He is an IT tech? This would all indicate he's rich and probably far removed from any relationship w/ his child. She's a spoiled brat because he and his wife made it so. FINALLY, (and AGAIN) as a gun-owner, I find him shooting the lap-top: wasteful, irresponsible, and above all - counter-intuitive to his message. Is it within his rights? Sure, but his actions send a horrible message about guns, which is now on a viral video. Also, 'he didn't mean for it to go viral' Are you fucking nuts? THE WHOLE VIDEO is him addressing his 'audience' of other parents and kids.
Did you read his Facebook?
Old 02-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

Glad I could contribute

Edit: I'll be in NOLA 2/18 at 12 bar spinnin at Mardi Gras.

Last edited by NazT N8; 02-11-2012 at 03:08 PM.