Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is a ring necessary?
Yes 66 46.15%
No 77 53.85%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy1e View Post
What about a Claddagh ring?
I have a Claddagh on my right hand ring-finger that was given to me by family long ago.....I think that's an awesome idea! Or just get Claddagh tattoos!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #22 (permalink)

Smile Baby?

"Take care of the baby."

What Whaaaaat!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #23 (permalink)

Congrats Keith and Cat. Do whatever is right for the both of you, don't listen to other people, listen to yourselves and your hearts. Congrats once again.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Big ol' congrats from the other side of the world Keith and Cat. Best wishes ever ever for a long, happy, beautiful thing between you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
If the woman thinks a ring is important, then it is essential.

It's all a matter of dealing with the expectations.
Bingo. It's all about what a girl wants, what a girl needs, whatever makes them happy sets you free, and she's thanking you for knowing exactly what a girl wants, what a girl needs.

But I always thought the guy choosing the ring just so it's there for the proposal was a dumb move. Like the guy should be in charge of deciding what kind of jewelery the girl will have to wear for the rest of her life? Girls are so particular about their taste in anything they wear that unless you're a guy who's a jeweller it's way smarter to let her have a say in what her ring looks like.

Of course you can always choose the ring together before the proposal, but where's the fun in that?
Old 02-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
But I always thought the guy choosing the ring just so it's there for the proposal was a dumb move. Like the guy should be in charge of deciding what kind of jewelery the girl will have to wear for the rest of her life? Girls are so particular about their taste in anything they wear that unless you're a guy who's a jeweller it's way smarter to let her have a say in what her ring looks like.

Of course you can always choose the ring together before the proposal, but where's the fun in that?
A guy has serious bragging rights when they can pick out a ring that their girl loves. Girls will really talk their guy up "he knows me SO WELL!" if they do this correctly. However, if you don't, then the girl feels petty for saying "wow, that ring really isn't my style". That is why some jewelry stores let you buy a basic ring that you can then come in and exchange and let the girl pick out what she really wants.

But all that sounds petty, right? I mean, it should be about the fact that someone wants to marry you, not what they give you and if it is worthy to be on your finger.

Sometimes I hate girls. I wish we could get over the petty consumerist "my diamond is more expensive than yours" shit and stop worrying about what your friends will think. Just enjoy being loved.

I love spontaneous, sweet proposals, and think Keith's was awesome (besides the hair ball hacking in the kitchen...and now I have sounds in my head for that as well, thanks a lot).

And good boy, Bucho, for quoting Xtina.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
I have a Claddagh on my right hand ring-finger that was given to me by family long ago.....I think that's an awesome idea! Or just get Claddagh tattoos!
I'm starting to see more and more tattoo wedding rings...love it
Old 02-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #27 (permalink)

I really enjoy Dan Soder as a guest. He's got great comedic timing and an excellent radio voice. Very funny.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #28 (permalink)

Mothafucka!!! I heard the "fiance" comment at the end of the Jesse/Ray episode, and when I pointed it out in chat, no one responded. I was freaking out, Googling, searching Twitter and Facebook for clues, and found. . . nothing!! I finally calmed down a bit when I realized I don't even know them, and it's just an entertainment talk show podcast, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal to me. I am SO GLAD Keith elaborated, though. I'm overjoyed, despite all of my attempts to remain emotionally detached. Congratulations, you crazy kids.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #29 (permalink)

I too heard the "fiance". WHH WHH WHHHAAAATTTT

Congrats to Keith and Cat!! My chat hubby is getting marrriieedd!!
Old 02-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #30 (permalink)

sidenote: the picture of you two in the show notes is so adorable!!