Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Scat's girlfriend leave Scat for her """friend"""?
Yes 126 85.14%
No 22 14.86%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawdog View Post
The supposed acts of kindness like cinema tickets are acts of dominance by this other guy.He knows Scat can't afford this stuff so he buys it and acts nonchalant about the cost which gives him major alpha points in her eyes.

Cue him turning round, takes off his Oakley wraparounds (pricetag is still on so you know how balla' he is) and looks you straight in the eye. Then, with a wry smile, "Sorry bro, things just, kind of, happened... you know?"
SO TRUE.

I don't think they've messed around yet. He is perfectly executed the "best friend" move. He becomes her provider, gains her trust, then when she is distraught and in need of a friend (which I'm sure she does a lot, sounds like she is fairly dense) she will turn to him and then he'll harmlessly "comfort" her, that turns into her thinking of him in a new light and then the "oh I shouldn't but it feels so right" kiss.

Bravo, douche in the Oakley's, bravo.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #12 (permalink)

Unless Scat's girlfriend says explicitly "I'm not attracted to him physically" then she definitely likes him. It's just a matter of time. The fact that he's threatened hints that he's probably not a big fat fuck, so I'm guessing that's not the case. It sounds like a mess.

Tough situation. Scat has my sympathies because it sounds like he's losing a girl he really likes.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawdog View Post

Better Scat break up with her now (and see her immediately start a relationship withthe other guy) than have it get really wierd in a few weeks/months time
This right here is the best advice your gonna get. Save yourself some dignity. Try to cut down on that interval of time where your hearts broken and you can't decide whether to cry or masterbate: so you do both simultaneously. OR, assert yourself and let this 'friend' know what's up. Take charge, have her stay at your place. Start going to the gym w/ her. Whenever your free: meet for lunch, etc. I gotta say though, no matter what you do - she is only 21. To her credit, when your 21 you do not want to 'settle down' you want to experience life.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #14 (permalink)

Santorum

Keith mentioned briefly that when people Google the term Santorum that what pops up (usually first) is a definition of the word as a frothy mixture of semen and fecal matter.

What Keith didn't mention is that this is all a plot by writer and podcaster Dan Savage to undermine Rick Santorum who is anti-gay. The two men were college roommates 30 years ago and Savage is obsessed with Santorum's creepy religious and moral views.

The website and the definition (which is fictitious) is completely the work of Savage who once agreed to take the website down if Rick Santorum would donate 5 million dollars to the Freedom to Marry organization.

Campaign for "santorum" neologism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 02-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

2 carat WOW!!! did Chemda hook you up on some 47th st jew diamond connection, my wife got a .95ct, VS1, F Color I forget the cut but I chose the one that was more sparkly (technical term). I could not imagine buying a 2 ct stone.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallulahB View Post
The website and the definition (which is fictitious) is completely the work of Savage who once agreed to take the website down if Rick Santorum would donate 5 million dollars to the Freedom to Marry organization.

Campaign for "santorum" neologism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is all kinds of genius.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallulahB View Post
The two men were college roommates 30 years ago and Savage is obsessed with Santorum's creepy religious and moral views.
I think that Savage offhandedly confirmed on one of his podcasts that the whole thing about him being roommates with Santorum was just a joke meant to imply that Santorum was into dudes and hence is a closet case. Which would explain a lot.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scat View Post

But listen guys, this is why I'm not that worried - When we go out, she wants to pay for me, she's always baking me things and bringing me things and giving me massages, she calls me wanting to come over and always wants to be in constant contact. Why would she go through all that work for me if she was interested in this other guy in the least?
if i had to choose over a guy that i had to pay for and one that always paid for me....id probably choose the latter, and im one of those girls that likes to pay for things. it might be ok now, but as soon as you guy start having problems...

Last edited by mmmcarrots; 02-23-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
But listen guys, this is why I'm not that worried - When we go out, she wants to pay for me, she's always baking me things and bringing me things and giving me massages, she calls me wanting to come over and always wants to be in constant contact. Why would she go through all that work for me if she was interested in this other guy in the least?
Because she is 21 and doesn't know her own brain yet. And because he is doing this well...undermining you without being aggressive and turning her off. Come ON, you've been a listener since 2006 and all of our responces are surprising you?

You don't know whose idea it was to move there desks next to each other? I know.

I'm about to call shenanegans if you keep saying this stuff. No one is that clueless.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she's doesn't realize that this guy wants her. At the same time she may be completely insecure herself, and so she's trying extra hard to hold on to you. This could be a good or a bad thing. Either

a) he'll get completely friendzoned before she realizes what he's really after, in which case you're pretty safe
b) she'll realize that she has other options and this other guy who she apparently enjoys spending so much time with will become a very real threat

But even in best case scenario, them living together is just a recipe for badness. Stick in there if you want, but be very, very vigilant for any changes in hers or his attitude toward each other or you.