Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Scat's girlfriend leave Scat for her """friend"""?
Yes 126 85.14%
No 22 14.86%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallulahB View Post
Keith mentioned briefly that when people Google the term Santorum that what pops up (usually first) is a definition of the word as a frothy mixture of semen and fecal matter.

What Keith didn't mention is that this is all a plot by writer and podcaster Dan Savage to undermine Rick Santorum who is anti-gay. The two men were college roommates 30 years ago and Savage is obsessed with Santorum's creepy religious and moral views.

The website and the definition (which is fictitious) is completely the work of Savage who once agreed to take the website down if Rick Santorum would donate 5 million dollars to the Freedom to Marry organization.

Campaign for "santorum" neologism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I still remember when he took a vote from his listeners/readers to choose which sex related definition they were going to attach to his name. Awesome.

Also, there's a movement to define the word Romney as "shitting yourself in terror," in honor of his dog Seamus, who took a 12 hour car ride on the roof of the family car and shit himself in terror. And then ran away once they reached their destination.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #22 (permalink)

Chemda was dead wrong on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
The only way to get to the bottom of this would be to have her on a future show without Scat.
The bottom has already been gotten to, and it didn't need the revelation of additional gifts to show this. The girl's roommate is into her, and the girl, at the very most is cheating, and at the very least is knowingly indulging the guy. His girlfriend can find a girl roommate. There is no reason for a guy to have a girlfriend who lives with another guy...I would never involve myself in a relationship where this was the situation because, frankly, if I'm a single guy and I'm living with a girl, I'm sleeping with her at some point, period, and that will happen here.

The fact that Chemda doesn't know this is actually a sign that she possesses some innocence in these matters, and isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda, that song was written for twelve-year-olds.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #24 (permalink)

Aired on CNN during the Arizona debate.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
The fact that Chemda doesn't know this is actually a sign that she possesses some innocence in these matters, and isn't necessarily a bad thing.
That isn't true. Chemda is so perceptive I swear she tells the future sometimes. Both she and Keith called it that they were young and that this was his first relationship.

There are clueless girls out there. There are also girls that choose to see the good in everyone and don't see the red flags.

Chemda is so good at seeing all sides of the issue, and that is what she was doing...do you really think she is that innocent? Puh-lease.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
That isn't true. Chemda is so perceptive I swear she tells the future sometimes. Both she and Keith called it that they were young and that this was his first relationship.

There are clueless girls out there. There are also girls that choose to see the good in everyone and don't see the red flags.

Chemda is so good at seeing all sides of the issue, and that is what she was doing...do you really think she is that innocent? Puh-lease.
Not in most things, no, (I actually value her insight a lot) but how many times has it been brought up that Chemda HERSELF doesn't realize when she's being hit on, and that this is an uncommon trait in girls. I believe in this case that she's taking the stance she is as a form of projecting this particular trait onto the other girl. I think there's a very strong probability that the girl is acting inappropriately in the context of having a boyfriend, and knows this quite well.

Beyond all that, if you as a girl happen to have a male roommate, and then meet a guy, that's one thing, but she should probably think about changing her living situation when her lease is up. Actually moving in with a guy (who's also a relatively new friend) AFTER you've established a relationship is completely inappropriate and any guy with relationship experience would know this.

To be fair, this goes for both guys and girls, everything reversed.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #27 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottperezfox View Post
Unless Scat's girlfriend says explicitly "I'm not attracted to him physically" then she definitely likes him. It's just a matter of time. The fact that he's threatened hints that he's probably not a big fat fuck, so I'm guessing that's not the case. It sounds like a mess.

Tough situation. Scat has my sympathies because it sounds like he's losing a girl he really likes.
I don't think the girl is cheating right now and probably is quite convinced that the other guy is "just a friend".
So even if she would say "I'm not attracted to him physically" that can still switch once she is drunk/horny/unhappy/bored and the other guy just happens to be there which he will be because he lives there.
How do I know? I'm a girl and it happened to me
Old 02-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Actually moving in with a guy (who's also a relatively new friend) AFTER you've established a relationship is completely inappropriate and any guy with relationship experience would know this.
I agree with you, Waggs, that the girl is up to something and that this relationship in inappropriate. However, I didn't hear Chemda defending the girl at all, and I think some of her hestitancy to judge her too harshly was to save Skat's feelings a bit.

I don't know when I'm being hit on either. I was never hit on in highschool, and have only been hit on twice by guys (though way more by girls). I don't think of every possible guy as a potential sexual partner, so I guess I assume that guys don't think that about me in that way either. When I do get hit on, I flush and don't know what to say because I'm not used to it. The last time, I think I said totally the wrong thing, "oh, you just made my night!" Probably not good

That being said, I think I'm finding the type of guy that is attracted to me, so I'm expecting to be hit on more in the future...I should probably work on my "no thankyou" skills a bit more. It only took me until 31 to start becoming attractive to others. Sheesh.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
I agree with you, Waggs, that the girl is up to something and that this relationship in inappropriate. However, I didn't hear Chemda defending the girl at all, and I think some of her hestitancy to judge her too harshly was to save Skat's feelings a bit.

I don't know when I'm being hit on either. I was never hit on in highschool, and have only been hit on twice by guys (though way more by girls). I don't think of every possible guy as a potential sexual partner, so I guess I assume that guys don't think that about me in that way either. When I do get hit on, I flush and don't know what to say because I'm not used to it. The last time, I think I said totally the wrong thing, "oh, you just made my night!" Probably not good

That being said, I think I'm finding the type of guy that is attracted to me, so I'm expecting to be hit on more in the future...I should probably work on my "no thankyou" skills a bit more. It only took me until 31 to start becoming attractive to others. Sheesh.
Yeah, she's very sensitive to people's feelings, and in a lot of cases that is a positive. In this case, especially having heard this poor guy on the phone, I would be more apt to go the tough love route with "Scat" in this situation. He's getting burned, and sounding like a defeated little boy. He needs to learn to be assertive for himself.

The correct stance for a guy in this situation is this: "I'm not going to control you, and I'm not going to tell you that you can't be friends with this guy and be his roommate. I'm telling you that you can't do these things if you're with me, so if you want to be with me, this roommate nonsense is over. If not, I'm out."

Too many men (especially young men), spend so much energy trying to make something theirs' when it's not, which is the case here, I think. Being whiny and possessive is not going to attract the kind of girls worth committing to. On the contrary, it's going to attract the kind of attention fiend he's gotten himself involved with here.

To address the rest of your post, (and please take this in the lighthearted manner in which it's intended), if that avatar picture is actually you, then I'm very likely the kind of guy who would hit on you . Unfortunately, I'm in Seattle, lol. I love Minneapolis, though.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
To address the rest of your post, (and please take this in the lighthearted manner in which it's intended), if that avatar picture is actually you, then I'm very likely the kind of guy who would hit on you . Unfortunately, I'm in Seattle, lol. I love Minneapolis, though.
The picture is actually me.

With the hit on stuff, I used to be really hurt that it never happened. Then I got used to it, thinking "I'm just not that type of girl that gets hit on I guess", and now that it has happened twice in one year, I need to learn how to deal with it.

I started wearing my wedding ring again, so maybe that is all I need to do