Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you envious of Chris Iacono’s living situation?
Yes 22 18.03%
No 100 81.97%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #11 (permalink)

That's the Greek letter for Beta.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

It seems I'm on the opposite side of a situation like the one Scat is in.

I didn't realize I was doing anything wrong, I wasn't trying to smash (although I could even without buying her shit), I was just trying to be nice.

Should I apologize to her boyfriend, or just stop?
Old 02-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Keith and Chemda go on forever about this kind of thing when they find out a guest is in that situation, as if someone who lives by themselves or with a boyfriend/girlfriend is so much better (and possibly because they themselves left early on and don't enjoy interacting with their parents and other family members). I think it's perfectly acceptable if both/all parties are happy with the situation and the person who is considered to be the "freeloader" is making money, working as much as they can or is going to school, and contributing to the household (monetarily or otherwise).

I was on Iacono's side for that one, even though I've lived in various places. If the parents lived someplace I really liked and everyone was doing something productive now and then, I would be perfectly fine with it.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Congratulations on your spoils of war from the Lobell war. Did the war ever get officially called off?
Old 02-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

basement

I am 20, I live on my own, I have a great relationship with my family, I make sure to see my grandparents at least once a week. Not out of some family guilt. But because I get along with them very well and have fun drinking a bottle of wine and shooting the shit with them. Even I wouldn't want to live in my grandparent's basement and not pay rent, and I could.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Friends

If a guy is just friends with a girl he will treat her like a friend, that means no special treatment, maybe he'll pay for dinner now and then but she also is expected to do the same as would be the case with any male friend, maybe he'll buy a birthday gift but it would be in the same price range he pays for any other friends gifts. So if he buys a girl an iPod who really is JUST a friend he also buys all his friends iPods.

Whether or not the girl knows the guy is into her the guy definitely wants to sleep with her. Unless he really does buy iPods for all his friends.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

It all depends on how much independence is valued in the culture.

In Italian culture it's normal to live with parents well into "adulthood". In New Zealand you're not only expected to have moved out of your parents house as soon as you leave school (either high school or university), you're also expected to live overseas and far from home (Australia doesn't count) for a good amount of time to prove you're grown up, strong-minded and independent.

It's not as harsh a rite of passage as having to kill a lion, but it's a significant difference from many other western countries. The most difficult part about living outisde of New Zealand is trying to find good quality horse semen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourbid View Post
It seems I'm on the opposite side of a situation like the one Scat is in.

I didn't realize I was doing anything wrong, I wasn't trying to smash (although I could even without buying her shit), I was just trying to be nice.

Should I apologize to her boyfriend, or just stop?
The thing I keep expecting from this whole deal is an email from the other guy as the good old "Why do girls always just see me as a best friend they can tell everything to but never want to fuck?" Scat's the bad boy boyfriend and the other guy is the dorky best friend who pines after the girl and treats her far better than her boyfriend does but she'll never touch his dick.

On the other hand the Disney book was far more personal and romantic than just getting her some expensive electronics. Everybody loves an Apple thing so that's an easy, thought-free gift, but Scat's girl loves Disney stuff, so that was a thoughtful gift which shows he pays attention to who she is.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

ok, chris can do what he wants but:

"if you fuck your girl well she wont need another man"

hmm no. if you fuck your woman well, she might find someone who fucks her equally or better and isnt a douche. at any given moment.

works both ways. move on.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpj1421 View Post
Not that it's a big deal, but thatguywiththeglasses.com is a website that is a collection of comedic internet reviewers. The titular That Guy With the Glasses is Doug Walker, who's character the Nostalgia Critic reviews movies from his childhood, he "Remembers it so you don't have to." Don't know why it was necessary to bring up for the setup to a joke, but who's to say.
So you could post this. That's why.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Scat's the bad boy boyfriend and the other guy is the dorky best friend who pines after the girl and treats her far better than her boyfriend does but she'll never touch his dick.
What tipped you off to that? Was it the fact that this is Scat's first girlfriend and he's 24 years old?