Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you have a Harvard degree (like Tyra Banks yay!)?
Yes 11 10.78%
No 91 89.22%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2012, 05:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

RE: The dad giving his daughter surgery...no. NO. That is all kinds of creepy.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #12 (permalink)

Great Show!!! Everybody being in love and moving forward with dreams and lives feels. so. good. There's an energy happening again that feels very like the earlier years when I first fell in love with you.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #13 (permalink)

Tim's Rap

Had me cracking up out loud at the gym. Not good when lifting weights.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

The 9 3/4 rap was killer. I'm so glad that Rob was back on the show too. Didn't know that he was got started at Surf Reality. Must be a little big world in New York.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thangers View Post
The 9 3/4 rap was killer. I'm so glad that Rob was back on the show too. Didn't know that he was got started at Surf Reality. Must be a little big world in New York.
It was superb.

Reminded me of Mike Lawrence, in that I didn't know half the crap Tim was on about but it was still wildly entertaining.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I find it weird that Keith says that America is the best but in the same breath will admit that its political system is fucked.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

Tyra Banks

I'm really surprised at this poll. I read it be asking is Tyra's degree from Harvard total BS, which I think it is so I voted yes. After I voted I did a little more research to see exactly what she got. Turns out it is not an Honorary Degree as mentioned on the show but it still sounds like a BS degree so I'm sticking by my Yes vote. It's just good science.

She actually received a diploma from Harvard University’s Executive Education Owner/President Manager Program on Feb. 17. Those enrolled attend one three-week session, which currently cost $33,000 a pop, per year for three years. So she paid about $100 grand for a total of 9 weeks of "classes".

A quote from the now "highly educated" Ms. Banks:

“For the first 30 minutes of the class, I’m raising my hand, I’m all into it, ‘cause it’s kind of like theory and just like, the social part of the case. The last hour it’s all like Einstein and algebraic equations and craziness. And I’m just like, what the [heck] is going on? Please don’t call on me because it won’t be pretty. “

Apparently $100,000 at Harvard teaches you how to use the work 'like' in every sentence. If that's the case, Jesse Joyce must have a PHD from Harvard!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #18 (permalink)

'Tis true...the program Tyra did grants her alumna status at the Business School. I work at the HBS Executive Education program part-time (it was funny to hear my work mentioned on the show!) and was on campus for her graduation. It is true that participants pay a lot of money for this degree, and I'm not saying it's the same level of work as a 2-year MBA program, but they do work very hard and have a crapload of stuff to do when they are not on-campus.

I actually saw her in the cafeteria the week of her graduation. She was by far the tallest person in the room, however it wasn't her height that grabbed my attention. It was her outfit. All the other participants were wearing clothing that was relaxed, but professional. She was wearing skinny jeans, 3" heel tall boots, and a bedazzled cap. She carried around a crazy loud bag - which was probably thousands of dollars - even when it impeded her ability to carry her lunch tray. Yup, she had to wait in the lunch line with everybody else.

I have a Harvard Masters and I'm working toward my doctorate there. Though I'm kicking my own ass to graduate, I don't begrudge her. If I could pay $100,000 to not have to write a dissertation, I might consider it. Just sayin'.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thangers View Post
I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan and just LOVED that rap. Amazing!