Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Thanks to today's guests, how much more money will Keith have tomorrow?
$0 23 23.96%
$10 28 29.17%
$20 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-29-2012, 06:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by New here View Post
Long time listener here, first time on the forums.

I want to take part in Victor's challenge of using the same joke set up but making up new endings. So I came up with two tries for the black guy going to pick up his white girlfriend and meeting her dad at the front door.

1) When I get there and he sees me, he looks uncomfortable and I'm like "what's the problem are you scared of your daughter dating a black guy?" And he's like, "Son that's all in your head, she's my stepdaughter, I don't care if something happens to her."

2) When I get there the dad sees that I'm black, and he's clearly a huge racist because he says, "look I'm sorry but I just don't want my daughter learning the welfare lifestyle."

I'm like, "So you don't want her learning how to stop buying organic jeans and yoga lessons for her cat?" And I'm not on welfare! I'm on disability, for my sickle cell anemia.

What do you guys think? (and by the way I don't think the guy's jokes needed to be changed I just wanted to try Victor's challenge). I can't think of any jokes for the 9/11 time machine one yet.
I think it's stealing someones joke. my two cents.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Rav

For Chemda, there actually is/was a show called Paralyzed and Pregnant on the Discovery Channel.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #13 (permalink)

Vote Chris Penney!

Why is it that you can't be passionate at hating things and not be murderous or suicidal!

That was a beer can I opened not a gun lol. And it was body spray at the end. Everyone who I know who listen to it go it but they also know my kind of humor.

Though the fact it wasn't a gun or me talking about killing myself might hurt any chances I got lol

With that said, Vote Chris Penney!

Last edited by chrispenney; 02-29-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by New here View Post
Long time listener here, first time on the forums.

I want to take part in Victor's challenge of using the same joke set up but making up new endings. So I came up with two tries for the black guy going to pick up his white girlfriend and meeting her dad at the front door.

1) When I get there and he sees me, he looks uncomfortable and I'm like "what's the problem are you scared of your daughter dating a black guy?" And he's like, "Son that's all in your head, she's my stepdaughter, I don't care if something happens to her."

2) When I get there the dad sees that I'm black, and he's clearly a huge racist because he says, "look I'm sorry but I just don't want my daughter learning the welfare lifestyle."

I'm like, "So you don't want her learning how to stop buying organic jeans and yoga lessons for her cat?" And I'm not on welfare! I'm on disability, for my sickle cell anemia.

What do you guys think? (and by the way I don't think the guy's jokes needed to be changed I just wanted to try Victor's challenge). I can't think of any jokes for the 9/11 time machine one yet.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!

Welcome to the forums, buddy.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #15 (permalink)

I've been listening daily since well before show 100 and I'm flying in from Amsterdam for the 15th so I'm a fan from WAAAAAY back. I've submitted in the past and thought about it again but I don't think I could take how harsh the criticism has gotten. I was kinda hoping the show would end with a "thank you to everyone that submitted, we know it takes a lot of balls, etc" but it didn't it was just....harsh. I know it wasn't the best comedy but I thought the idea was to nurture a listener to try something new, not berate them into silence.

Regardless I'll see you guys for the 15th, but I'll probably keep my head down.
Host What's Up Amsterdam Podcast
I knew Bob Crane, I partied with Bob Crane, you sir, are NO Bob Crane
Old 02-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
This is an unscientific poll, since the only possible answers are: $-20, $0, $20. Do you see why?
Perhaps Keith is sure he's going to win, but not sure if one or both will Welsh on the bet?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

9/11 Joke

I haven't listened to the episode yet, but seeing the poll is making me think I didn't do that well. But hey, at least I got to submit, and that was my goal. At the end of the 9/11 joke I was supposed to say, "How 'bout them Twin Towers? What, too soon?" The joke was that it would have actually been too soon. But in all my nervousness, well. . .
Old 02-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

I just listened.. .. .. Wow. You guys were SOOO much nicer than I thought you'd be! Thanks for the hug, Chemda.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
I've been listening daily since well before show 100 and I'm flying in from Amsterdam for the 15th so I'm a fan from WAAAAAY back. I've submitted in the past and thought about it again but I don't think I could take how harsh the criticism has gotten. I was kinda hoping the show would end with a "thank you to everyone that submitted, we know it takes a lot of balls, etc" but it didn't it was just....harsh. I know it wasn't the best comedy but I thought the idea was to nurture a listener to try something new, not berate them into silence.
...says Jack Bastard, one of the biggest shit talkers in town.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
I've submitted in the past and thought about it again but I don't think I could take how harsh the criticism has gotten. I was kinda hoping the show would end with a "thank you to everyone that submitted, we know it takes a lot of balls, etc" but it didn't it was just....harsh. I know it wasn't the best comedy but I thought the idea was to nurture a listener to try something new, not berate them into silence.
You stop getting credit for trying after high school, and comedy isn't nice. No audience is going to appreciate how much your set means to you. All they care about is whether or not you're making them laugh.

EDIT:
Also, nobody's berating you into silence. They're berating you, but silence is a personal choice. I'm a renowned crybaby, but I've continued to send in my submissions for five years now because getting my feelings hurt isn't going to stop me from trying (at least not in this case).

Last edited by poingjam; 02-29-2012 at 05:16 PM.