Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you envious of Chris Iacono’s living situation?
Yes 22 18.03%
No 100 81.97%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1539: Spaghetti and Meatballs

"It's hard to judge because I don't know what it would have been like with the hot and creamy."

The official website of Stand-Up Comic Chris Iacono, Recently written up in the NY Daily News and heard weekly on 87.9 FM Comical Radio
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I wouldn't want to live in my grandma's basement, but it is nice that there's someone living with her to help take care of her.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

I kind of have the same situation as Chris, except I live with my parents and haven't moved out. I do various chores and pay rent so I'm not what one would call a freeloader.

Chemda, I know this is a show late but you mentioned wearing a sexy outfit for Lauren. I was wondering if there's a difference between dressing sexy for a woman and dressing sexy for a man?
Old 02-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

The living situation is interesting. I know Keith and Chemda have come down time and time again on the side of "get yourself out of your parents' house!!", but some of us actually have good relationships with our families. And if the house is in a good neighbourhood, that's a major factor.

I am envious of anyone who lives rent-free, in a good location, with privacy and space enough to be a normal person. Having to share the laundry area with his grandma is an odd quirk, I'll admit, but it's one that I'd suffer for $1200/month. As long as it's a basement apartment, and not a straight-up basement with concrete floors and exposed electrical cables, I'd say go for it.

When I finished grad school I was living with my family in the Jersey suburbs. I wanted to move out bad, but mainly because of the commute and the dullness of my hometown. I didn't mind living with my family (parents and younger sister), and certainly didn't mind the free room and board.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Live Free or Get High [in Granny's Basement]

While Chris is talking about living in his grandma's basement - I'm thinking, "What kind of women can a guy in this situation bring home..?" This thought was immediately answered by remembering Chris has a tattoo, of a snake, on his dick. So..that kind of woman. I like this Snake dick character. He's an inspiration. In fact, in the last episode everybody tried to give 'SCRAT' advice. Perhaps the best advice is: move into an elderly Italian woman's basement, (does Toronto have these, cuz an elderly French-Canadian will suffice) start smoking [more] pot, and definetly, absolutely get that tattoo of a snake on your penis. Also, inking 'KatG' on your balls - could only help.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

I did hang out with her friend last night, the two of us went to see a movie. He bought the tickets. I didn't bring up my gf and neither did he (this was before I listened to this show). I heard your arguments and I think I agree with Chemda though. Talking behind her back seems disrespectful and probably wouldn't get me anywhere. The guy doesn't strike me as a huge threat really, and at this point I'm done worrying about him.

I realize I could do a better job of assuming the role of boyfriend. I'll try harder to plan things with her. Right now is tough though, she just started working 11pm-7am, then goes to the gym 7:00-7:30am where she works, then heads to school 8am-1pm, and then goes home and gets 6 hours of sleep and then eats and has a couple hours (probably has to study as well) before heading back to work. My schedule doesn't help, I have night-classes so even when she is technically free, I'm in class. At this point we have Friday nights together, and she stays the night, and then we have some time on the weekend provided her other job doesn't call her for a shift, which is hard to plan around.

About my gift - I realize it's not a homerun. I could have done a better job finding her something romantic, like Chemda said. It was personal though. She loves Disney like crazy. She's not a materialistic person, she's told me what's important to her is the card. We did have a really nice Valentine's last week, we cooked together and had a nice evening, the card I made for her was her favourite part.

Just to clear up a misconception Keith, he's not taking her out to fancy meals. When I said they would be eating together, I was referring to her making mention of the fact that when they moved in together he was going to do the cooking for them since she couldn't cook. Yeah I just realized how bad that sounded after I typed it. Alright, fuck me.

I know I'm typing all this out trying to rationalize everything and maybe you guys are right that it's time to let this go, but I'm at peace with the situation. I don't think she's capable of cheating on me, but if she does I'm emotionally prepared for it. I will get over it. I'm not going to let the possibility cloud whatever time I spend with her.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

Very interesting, but for me it really depends on the relationship inside of the family.

Thanks for this.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Not that it's a big deal, but thatguywiththeglasses.com is a website that is a collection of comedic internet reviewers. The titular That Guy With the Glasses is Doug Walker, who's character the Nostalgia Critic reviews movies from his childhood, he "Remembers it so you don't have to." Don't know why it was necessary to bring up for the setup to a joke, but who's to say.

I would sell everything I owned and take up another job before I'd move back in with my family. That sounds terrible.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

How about Vinny? He seems to do alright, and can't wait to get back to his mother's house.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scat View Post
I did hang out with her friend last night, the two of us went to see a movie. He bought the tickets. I didn't bring up my gf and neither did he (this was before I listened to this show). I heard your arguments and I think I agree with Chemda though. Talking behind her back seems disrespectful and probably wouldn't get me anywhere. The guy doesn't strike me as a huge threat really, and at this point I'm done worrying about him.

I realize I could do a better job of assuming the role of boyfriend. I'll try harder to plan things with her. Right now is tough though, she just started working 11pm-7am, then goes to the gym 7:00-7:30am where she works, then heads to school 8am-1pm, and then goes home and gets 6 hours of sleep and then eats and has a couple hours (probably has to study as well) before heading back to work. My schedule doesn't help, I have night-classes so even when she is technically free, I'm in class. At this point we have Friday nights together, and she stays the night, and then we have some time on the weekend provided her other job doesn't call her for a shift, which is hard to plan around.

About my gift - I realize it's not a homerun. I could have done a better job finding her something romantic, like Chemda said. It was personal though. She loves Disney like crazy. She's not a materialistic person, she's told me what's important to her is the card. We did have a really nice Valentine's last week, we cooked together and had a nice evening, the card I made for her was her favourite part.

Just to clear up a misconception Keith, he's not taking her out to fancy meals. When I said they would be eating together, I was referring to her making mention of the fact that when they moved in together he was going to do the cooking for them since she couldn't cook. Yeah I just realized how bad that sounded after I typed it. Alright, fuck me.

I know I'm typing all this out trying to rationalize everything and maybe you guys are right that it's time to let this go, but I'm at peace with the situation. I don't think she's capable of cheating on me, but if she does I'm emotionally prepared for it. I will get over it. I'm not going to let the possibility cloud whatever time I spend with her.