Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1544: Judgment Day (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1544-judgment-day-16943/)

Keith 03-01-2012 06:08 PM

1544: Judgment Day

"I'd rather choke myself with my own vocal cords."

mer09007 03-01-2012 09:09 PM

Sorry for the awkward phone call! Lol I still had a good time

Eightball 03-01-2012 09:11 PM

Damn it... I just got back from Africa and missed the stand-up submission deadline... Keith you have to do this as a yearly thing... if not for the honor of heading your show then maybe for a KAT award...

DWarrior 03-01-2012 09:29 PM

Well, I got half the reaction I was after. Not the laughter part though.

Still vote for me!

dannyhatch 03-01-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWarrior (Post 720798)
Well, I got half the reaction I was after. Not the laughter part though.

Still vote for me!

Yes, now that we're all here I would like to as what the fuck that was.

invader 03-01-2012 10:25 PM

I regret not submitting this year, but other times I’ve submitted I’ve had to really force myself to do so and it always feels more like a chore, which usually shines through in the submission. But its always fun to hear the few that really do try and are legitimately funny, and realize, “wow I didn’t even try.” With that said Low-fi was pretty fucking awesome. The opening joke was the best; “Maybe you’ve seen my website, I have not.”

Also about the “racist” joke about Obama. He wasn’t comparing blacks to dogs, the joke was basically calling Obama’s mother a whore, which isn’t racist just sorta fucked up. Why he gotta bring mommas into it?

DWarrior 03-01-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyhatch (Post 720799)
Yes, now that we're all here I would like to as what the fuck that was.

I just thought I'd try something I haven't heard before from submissions. So I tried for a disgusting creepy doctorsleep-type vibe, but I guess it didn't go over well.

You may be pleased to know I'm not actively (or inactively) pursuing a career in comedy.

WSEIII 03-01-2012 11:12 PM

The Sean Connery submission at the end reminded me of Star Trek (the original series). The character Pavlov Checkov was Russian. When he said words that started with a v, it sounded like a w. This is particularly noticeable in the movie with the whale. Instead of nuclear vessel it was nuclear wessel.

chocho66 03-01-2012 11:38 PM

Submissions

Damn straight I'm glad I didn't enter. As much as I may agree that some of these people suck more balls than a prostitute; they do at least have big enough balls to put themselves out there. I know I couldn't get on a stage and make people laugh so props to those who entered.

mer09007 03-01-2012 11:39 PM

my phonecall today was my submission.