Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: You’re in a comedy club audience. Are you now part of the show?
Yes. Comics can reference me however they want. 33 25.98%
No. I’m just watching. 94 74.02%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1528: Social Contract

"My dad walked in on me masturbating."

Mike Lawrence Comedy
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

The audience is there to be entertained. If I heckle, rip me up. If I disrupt the show in anyway, I'm fair game. But if I paid you to make me laugh and you're ripping on me fuck the fuck off you uncreative fuck. Jeff Ross loves to do this and I think it's weak. He tore into some guy for wearing flip flops to his show, the dude should've thrown 'em at him like Bush (another uncreative fuck).
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

That's what Jeffrey Ross does. If you paid to see Bobby Slayton, Don Rickles, or Lisa Lampinelli, you'd expect to be made fun of. That's that style of comedy. They're insult comics. Jeffrey Ross made his career by roasting people so of course he's going to make fun of the audience. If he didn't, it'd be like going to a Gallagher show without a watermelon being smashed. Jeff Ross probably isn't your kind of comic, but there are tons of people who pay to see him and want him to do to them what he's done to Trump, Shatner,etc.

I don't think a comic should just be mean to the audience for the sake of being mean, but if there are jokes in there and the audience is into it then why not? So much of hosting and even sets consists of crowd work, asking questions, giving funny answers, and goofing around. It doesn't have to be vicious. Comedy is in the moment and the audience is often a part of the show. I think it's one of the great things about it and I understand people not wanting to pay to be harassed, but if it's funny, it's not seen as harassment. Most of the time.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

My penis is afraid of mouths, they have teeth.

When Chemda was talking about masturbation I thought of the line from Rick Nelson's song "Garden Party", that goes: Well it's all right now, I learned my lesson well, you see you can't please everyone so you got to please yourself.

I'm 42, wasn't around when it first first came out, but I've heard it.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMikeLawrence View Post
That's what Jeffrey Ross does. If you paid to see Bobby Slayton, Don Rickles, or Lisa Lampinelli, you'd expect to be made fun of. That's that style of comedy. They're insult comics. Jeffrey Ross made his career by roasting people so of course he's going to make fun of the audience. If he didn't, it'd be like going to a Gallagher show without a watermelon being smashed. Jeff Ross probably isn't your kind of comic, but there are tons of people who pay to see him and want him to do to them what he's done to Trump, Shatner,etc.

I don't think a comic should just be mean to the audience for the sake of being mean, but if there are jokes in there and the audience is into it then why not? So much of hosting and even sets consists of crowd work, asking questions, giving funny answers, and goofing around. It doesn't have to be vicious. Comedy is in the moment and the audience is often a part of the show. I think it's one of the great things about it and I understand people not wanting to pay to be harassed, but if it's funny, it's not seen as harassment. Most of the time.
Personally, I'd much rather hear about his Aunt Tique.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMikeLawrence View Post
but if it's funny, it's not seen as harassment.
I think that's what it really comes down to. If someone makes themselves a target (cell phone, heckling, etc) it's sort of accepted that they are fair game and if you come remotely close to funny, the rest of the crowd will understand.

But if you just pick someone out, because of how they look or just cause you need someone for the joke, it better be funny and NATURAL. I'll never forget the most awkward I ever felt at a comedy show was one of the KATG Bingo/comedy events. Awesome show front to back, except for this one comedian's joke where he picked a girl out of the crowd and literally walked off stage and tried to touch her. Then kept at it, kept pursuing her, even as she got up to create space. Incredibly awkward and unnatural, it made the whole audience feel uneasy for the rest of the set.

I'm in.
aka Straight Edge Greg
Old 02-04-2012, 01:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I remember going by myself to a comedy club when I was travelling solo around the uk. And being young and naive, I eagerly sat up front. Well, a young lady sitting up front by herself and nursing a wine apparently attracts attention because each act singled me out for participation. The main act was the only one who ‘picked on’ me, asking if I was alright being there by myself, was I librarian?, etc etc. Too bad I turned out to be a librarian years later but that’s not the point!

I just wanted a fun night out. This experience took away a lot of that fun (although I did make friends because after getting singled out three times in a row, a group took pity on me and I joined their table) and now I’m wary about sitting too close to any stages...
Old 02-04-2012, 04:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

Keith said tender underside.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Not that it matters, but just to clarify my blow job comments:

I was 16-17, still a virgin, dumber than I am now, and blow jobs just got the job done so much faster. I was never in a relationship with any of those guys, and I knew I didn't want to have my first time with them. It was more for the the practice and the fact that I needed to share SOME for of sexual expression with another person.

Blow jobs were a good way to end the "session" with out me having to do more or say no to more. 90% of the time after I started sucking, I was basically bored during the first 5 minutes. It was easier to just keep going and make it end. I only swallowed because it's more lady like and requires less clean up, aduhh. And I didn't want to be known as that girl who teases and then freezes up.

I was also really idealizing and wanting to experience being sexually submissive at the time and just kind of did what they said...ughhhhhhh wishing I could take some of those back right about now.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Just so there's no confusion, I'm 100% on your side.
(Online)   Reply With Quote