Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you know your extended family?
Yes. We're close in general. 75 56.82%
No. I'm in Keith's boat. 57 43.18%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #21 (permalink)

Bleh...Homeland.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith kept saying, "MOLE." I'm thinking, why would moles come and lick the floor of the hospital?

Ooooohhhhhh!!!! MOHEL! Pronounced moy-el. Hahaha!

Old 03-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #23 (permalink)

I was just listening to the part (25 minutes in) where someone called Keith and Cat and offered a $100 rebate, but she had to pay $2.90 with her credit card.

Chemda seemed to think the problem is that some people won't use the rebate.

I thought it was obvious that this was a scam. Some random stranger calls you up and convinces you to give them your credit card number? Who says that this $100 rebate exists at all, and who says they're only going to charge $2.90 to your credit card? It sounded *super* shady. I was surprised that Chemda didn't immediately think this was a scam, too.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #24 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Haha. That 'Moy-el / MOLE' thing Keith was doin confused the shit outta me, too! I GET IT! haha. I was too busy being grossed out.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm an unethnic american and quite close with my extended family. Including my aunt, who is a little person. She married a man who is also little, but in a different way. They have 3 children, one with her type of dwarfism, one with his type, and one that will grow up to be big (although he's the baby). They are all awesome fun normal people, who just happen to be little (except the baby).

I listened to Chemda's interview on Mixergy today. Quite interesting to hear Chemda talk about the business side of KATG. On the "$.50 a day" selling point; I have always looked at it on a per show price. Before VIP I decided to pay $1/show, and I still do. I think this compares quite favorably with other media that I purchase (ie, $60 for a 20 hour videogame, or $10 for a 2 hour movie) BTW, the VIP price is approx $.75 per show, if you pay on a monthly basis.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

$100 rebate was totally the nigerian scam over the phone. Give me money to get money should always be a red flag. Do you guys have a home phone? That should be cancelled as a waste of money, and source of scam calls. If you have negligible reception in your apartment, get google voice, and use a computer to route your calls for free. Keith can spend a while on google figuring it out, or he can ask his genius fiance.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

These are cell phones. Cell phones are the new house phones.

That trivia thing I have no idea how I got on charged me over $30 we learned. (We got it removed.)
Old 03-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawdog View Post
On the birth control issue, insurance companies definitely shouldn't be legally required to cover a woman's birth control. While I understand that there's a small percentage of woman who use the implant/pill/injection for health reasons, they're an insignificant minority who shouldn't influence something that would raise premiums across the board.
And let's not forget that birth control is covered by insurance, just not the kind provided by some employers. If birth control is such a big deal for these women then they should pick an insurers who cover it, not campaign for these other insurers to change to save them some hassle or money while causing the cost to rise for others.
I don't really understand why something you use every day can be part of insurance (not including drugs, since getting that condition is the chance you're insuring against). That's why you don't have Food Insurance, or Rent Insurance.

If you're paying $X/day for a pill you take every day, there's nothing to insure against. So if you get insurance for it, that insurance will just cost you $X/day+processing.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #29 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The only thing I'm disappointed about as a VIP member is I'm actually paying less now than I was when I was sending in a monthly donation via Paypal.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #30 (permalink)

You can have a good laugh searching "atheist worst nightmare" on youtube. These people have so little understanding of science that their arguments are always ridiculous and they just fill in the gaps in their knowledge with "So god did it".

There was a post on twitter where they claimed if the earth was really 3 billion years old and not 6000 years old then we would have run out of water already. Apart from the fact they ignored the recycling of water through rain and urine, the maths they used was completely wrong. "If 6 billion people drink 2 litres each a day for 3 billion years then...." . So apparently the population hasn't changed since day dot. That little gem was hidden in the fine print at the bottom of the poster.

It's a good time if ignorance doesn't just make you angry and sad.