Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you or were you bullied?
Yes 143 76.88%
No 43 23.12%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree7Likes

Old 03-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #11 (permalink)

It starts @ home

Bullies bully for a reason . . . .

They are bullied . . . look hard enough and you will find it . . .. and it usually starts in the home.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #12 (permalink)

The people who were the nastiest to me had totally normal home lives. I lived near one of the boys -- he lived down the street on a farm, was raised by his really friendly grandparents, etc. I've seen the girl recently and she seems to have forgotten all about what a total bitch she was -- she was like, "Hey! How are you doing!" and tried to friend me on Facebook.

The people who were the nastiest to me were always the ones who were just above me on the social totem pole. They hung around the popular kids, and punched down at people like me to boost themselves up. The really popular kids didn't have to do that -- they were already at the top. That's just how I interpreted it.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I was like Keith. I was one of the smallest boys in the class. I was stick thin. My nickname was "bones" because you could see the outline of every rib. I was bullied pretty much every day from 8 years old till 15 years old. That's when I finally started to fill out and didn't take shit anymore.

My son pretty much has the same build I had. Can't make out his ribs so well, but still one of the smallest. A couple of years ago in 5th grade a boy was teasing him. My son told him to cut it out and the boy replied, "what are you gonna do about it?" This boy was more than a head taller than him AND this was in a classroom! My son stood up, walked over to this boy and punched him square in the nose. Then he went back to his seat.

I'm glad that my son didn't get into any trouble in the school. It seems that no teacher saw this happen. But I'm most glad that my son had the balls that I never had and stood up to this kid, a known bully and troublemaker. No one has bothered my son since and he has a ton more friends now than he did before.

You absolutely have to stand up to the bully. Unfortunately, it's the only way.

Last edited by BrianAlt; 03-07-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/02/scott-thompson-bullying-grow-a-pair_n_107228

Scott Thompson, 'Kids In The Hall' Comedian, Tells Bullied Kids To 'Grow A Pair'

"Grow a pair. Here's the thing: The world is not kind to us; it never really will be. The gay male is always going to be at the bottom. I believe the things that happened to me as a child scarred me terribly, and I wish somebody would have helped me with some of the things that happened. But you have to fight back. So much of these bullying campaigns are part of the trend that we were just talking about - the recasting of gay men as eternal victims and it's like, fight back! Fathers should start teaching the boys how to punch. He does that to you, here's what you do: You fucking punch him in the face."
Old 03-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

In regards to the educator's vapid behaviour...

Back in junior high, a girl decided to get into a fight with me because I glanced in her direction. She punched at me, pulled my hair and pushed me down to the ground. I did what I could to defend myself (mostly pushing her away) but it was enough to prove to her that I wasn't going to take her BS. She backed off and ran the other way laughing with her group. My friends were there and said we had to report her to the principal.

The principal pulled us both into the office and after giving some dumb speech she looked directly at me and said:

"She's a good kid deep down, you know. She's had it rough."

How dare. Fuck you you fucking cunt of a fucking educator. SHE beat on me for no reason and you want me to feel sorry for her? If I could go back I WOULD have done more than push her off me. Girls too, you have to stand up for yourself. And oh yeah, there was no "punishment" for her either, just that dumb fucking speech that we both were barely listening.

Plus high school, ugh what a clusterfuck. I can say though I feel a weird happiness when I see certain former educators who sided with "popular" people and tell them what I have done so far with my life. Their faces are priceless. Not so much of a write-off now, am I?

Swiggy - She/Her/elle

Last edited by swiggy; 03-07-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I didn't know I WAS the bully

I used to be pretty well known in my H.S. Always making up new words/Nicknames that caught on school wide. It wasn't until a few years later that i hung out/got drunk with a girl i had in my Advanced Calculus class, who said, "You actually used to be MY bully. I hated when people called me special ed!" LOL
Old 03-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
Bullies bully for a reason . . . .

They are bullied . . . look hard enough and you will find it . . .. and it usually starts in the home.
Does that excuse their behaviour? Or should their targets learn to be social workers so they can empathize with the bully?

Or are you just playing devil's advocate? What is it Keith calls those...?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #18 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
What is it Keith calls those...?
Child rapist's lawyer.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #19 (permalink)

Post RE: "Punch them in Fucking face" Techique

In 5th Grade a group of kids gathered to watch a basketball game. I joined in. I was pushed from the side so hard I fell forward to the ground. For no reason, no provocation at all. You know young males at that age are just full of energy, yatta-yatta but fuck that...I got up and the went over to the kid, in front of him I took off my jacket, pushed him back. The kid was soo startled, like I wasnt following the script or something. Quickly the croud encircled us. I went up to him again grabbed him by the neck/jaw line and slapped him 2 times then threw him down again.

I grabbed my jacket and walked away.
Needless to say that kid didnt mess with me again.

----
In 6th grade a different kid, new to the school, cut or tried to cut in front of me in the lunch line. And you remember how bullies got away with things: smug-like, looking at you with a "what are you going to do about it" face. The kid had stuck his arm in front of me. At the lunch line, we all lined up against the wall that led to the door of the lunch room and waited our turn to get in. Kids were let in a handful at a time. This was due to too many kids in a lunch room that couldnt hold them. The process could sometimes take 10-15 minutes from when you arrived at the line as kids left the room, more were allowed in. Well, Johnny-Cuts-In-Line and his cohort decided to stick their arms in front when I was but 5th in line, meaning the next bunch that would be let in would include me but not if they cut me off.

I went under the kids arm and go back to my rightful spot. The kid pushed me or smacked the back of my head or something, to be honest I dont remember what he did. But in the rules of the playground it meant 'it's on'. So on it was. Now I dont know how much you liked or dislike the Sherlock Holmes remake with Robert Downey Jr but, you know the scene at the begining where he's in a fight and he is speaking to himself. Like walking himself through what he was to do next in order to win the fight. Well it was like that, in a way. I Looked at the bully in the face, he towered over me a good 6 inches and built like an athlete (I found out later he was an athlete, a baseball player). Immediately I knew this would need to be a hit him once and be done situation because he would certainly win in an extended struggle. I thought to myself: I need to get a clear shot at his face so, I'll push his right shoulder with my left arm which will throw his balance off a little along with turning his head and face to the side leaving him exposed to a punch. Keep in mind this all happened in a flash but I distintly remember thinking all of this before I did it. I pushed with my left, his body shifted to his right making the left side of his face. At the same time I cocked my right arm, I hit him as hard as I could. The punch landed on the side of the jaw near the ear. The kid was so thrown off and in pain that he couldnt even fight back. As he was doubled over in pain the lunch lady which wasnt looking our direction, looked our way and dispationatelly called out: next 5 go right in. I went in and enjoyed my lunch.

These were two times I did somehting about it...it was however after many other times in which I just took it.

"Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it."
-George Carlin
Old 03-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #20 (permalink)

Crazy and punching in the fucking face does work. Quite some time ago in Grade five I was constantly punched and threatened and made fun of by a kid at school. It was constant. During recess impromptu soccer game he was on me with the usual bullshit and kicking me etc.

I warned him to stop and he made the mistake of asking What I was going to do about it.

I ran at him so fast he had no time to react and even though he had at least 50 pounds on me I rugby tackled him, pinned his arms down and pummelled his face and head until his nose started bleeding. End of bullying.