Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Were the restaurant workers trying to let Keith and Chemda know they weren’t wanted?
Yes. They wanted to be clear that they disgusted them. 50 51.55%
No. It’s just the workers' way to come off snobby. 47 48.45%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Am I the only right winger who still listens?

Seems like the last few weeks have been a lot more hateful to conservatives and people of faith. I have been listening since day one. You can see by my join date I have been lurking on the forums since 2006...
Whats with all the hate?? Can we even try to see other viewpoints?

I like to think I am pretty open to others who don't believe or think like me. (I would have to be to listen for so long!) But seems like its getting harder to listen..

Ok forums ....Kill!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
If most people are stiffing them on tips, it sucks for the people like Keith and Chemda who are aware that they're supposed to tip on the full amount and not the discount amount.
Which is further why it made no sense that the staff was rude after pointing out an additional tip was coming.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishk View Post
Seems like the last few weeks have been a lot more hateful to conservatives and people of faith. I have been listening since day one. You can see by my join date I have been lurking on the forums since 2006...

I like to think I am pretty open to others who don't believe or think like me. (I would have to be to listen for so long!) But seems like its getting harder to listen..

Ok forums ....Kill!
That's why we have forums. What's up?

I sincerely want to know what hit you the wrong way. Not that it'll affect how I think, but it could. That's fun.

I got an email saying the same type of thing about me being disgusted with Rush Limbaugh and how I'm ultra liberal.

I couldn't care less about politics. How that isn't clear I don't know.

So what part was too much?
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm surprised that he's surprised that KATG has a liberal slant. Plus with the Kneffels on, it's bound to get super liberal.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

how dare new yorkers be slightly left of center! harrumph!

but really, keith has attacked politicians from both sides. anthony weiner and rick santorum, for instance.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourbid View Post
I believe he was talking about the marriage strictly in regards to Cat's citizenship. Which is a legitimate question considering all of the silly legal shit you have to go through to become a citizen. It doesn't sound too crazy for there to be a law that says "Any marriage outside of the US isn't valid in the US."
I thought it was stupid of me to think there was a possibility it could be recognized in America.

These Germans, right? Always assuming the worst of us.

Last edited by starscream; 03-09-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
I thought it was stupid to think there was a possibility it could be recognized in America.

These Germans, right? Always assuming the worst of us.
Oh those Germans taking the one minute it takes to google whether a marriage abroad would count for immigration before announcing that they believe 'it would just have to be a nice show'
Old 03-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Oh those Germans taking the one minute it takes to google whether a marriage abroad would count for immigration before announcing that they believe 'it would just have to be a nice show'
Yes. Those Germans.

It's kind of weird how easy it is. I mean both getting married in another country and Googling.

Last edited by starscream; 03-09-2012 at 01:36 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishk View Post
if youre referring to attacks against rush limbaugh, tht is just commons sense.

ill give you my point: i'm pro-death penalty, generally conservative and yet i think that Limbaugh is an insane shit stirrer.

Also, i am pretty convinced that conservative christians are so fervently anti brith control and pro life cause they need fresh babies to abuse. notice how a lot of them get with girls that are a third of their age.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:06 AM   #20 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

In regards to the Groupon situation, I must say that you guys are lucky they even served you at all. Here in Atlantic Canada, the RCMP have gone as far as to warn people to stay away. The problem here seems to be that companies do a promotion on the site, don't realize how well it will be received then decline to honour all together. Then Groupon doesn't give back credits.

So the question for me would be should one take shit service over no service at all? It doesn't excuse the behaviour... I dunno. I think I just view it from my naive smaller Canadian province eyes and a NYC situation.

At the same time, I would have thought that the server would be a bit more relaxed to have Groupon people around, in the sense of being treated as more of an equal. With the stories shared by multiple people on the show, I'm not sure why I have this assumption that this restaurant has people who could use a regular person's paycheck as toilet paper and treats anyone not in that circle as dirt beneath their feet. You would think the server's opinion would be "Well, a couple of days my tips may be lower but I'm seen as a human".

Swiggy - She/Her/elle