Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 10-16-2005, 07:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big lebowski
so did anyone else think that the cc deville song was shite? i mean the lyrics were great, "i hate every bone in your body but mine". but the vocals were horrible.
Yeah, you can tell they added reverb to make his voice sound better. It's not as bad as how Kid Rock did "Only G*d Knows Why," or Cher's vocoding in "Do You Believe in Love," but you can hear the effect if you know what to look (listen?) for. Clearly he's no David Lee Roth.

Keith, about the Indians drinking antifreeze thing: it's not history, it's just sad. Indians are genetically vunerable to alcoholism, and the fact that most of them are poor doesn't help. Some of them are so poor that they can't even afford booze, so you can hear stories of them drinking hairspray (which has a lot of alcohol) or sometimes antifreeze (which isn't alcohol, but close enough).

And about laptop lights: I don't use a laptop, and I know the screens are often really, really bright. But laptop lights are for the keyboard, if you're not able to touch-type. Some of the newer laptops have lights under the keyboard, so you don't need a separate light. They can also be swung over if you've got papers next to you.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 08:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
NO BRUMSKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmurk
Keith, about the Indians drinking antifreeze thing: it's not history, it's just sad. Indians are genetically vunerable to alcoholism, and the fact that most of them are poor doesn't help. Some of them are so poor that they can't even afford booze, so you can hear stories of them drinking hairspray (which has a lot of alcohol) or sometimes antifreeze (which isn't alcohol, but close enough).
Russians are not much better. In Russia death due to alcohol has a rate of 500 per 100,000 as opposed to a rate of 77 for the United States. This soaring death rate is partly a result of the increase in the use of moonshine. The liquid sold in Moscow as whiskey or vodka is likely to be diluted jet fuel or aftershave.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellek
whiskey or vodka is likely to be diluted jet fuel or aftershave.
Zow. Aftershave would be at least drinkable, but jet fuel... that would clean you out. What you save per bottle would be made up in underwear and Preparation H.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:06 PM   #14 (permalink)

Vibrator thingy

G'day People

I brought a motorcycle cause it vibrates and I take my sisters 17 yearold girl friends on rides they love it =)

Keep up the good stuff
Old 10-17-2005, 06:39 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellek
Russians are not much better. In Russia death due to alcohol has a rate of 500 per 100,000 as opposed to a rate of 77 for the United States. This soaring death rate is partly a result of the increase in the use of moonshine. The liquid sold in Moscow as whiskey or vodka is likely to be diluted jet fuel or aftershave.
I can't speak for Russian vodka, although I guess that any liquor sold in bottles with a "tear top" probably indicates that you're getting close to the bottom of the barrel. But anyway, I can speak for Russian "champagne" after a friend brought back a couple of bottles after travelling through Europe.

All I can say is that it didn't taste any worse than any other $4.95 bottle of wine, but the headache the morning after was something special. I don't get migraines, but now I understand just how fucken awful they are. Also, as it happens, I now understand why crazy people cut the top of their heads open to let out "evil spirits". We actually were wondering if we should have kept a sample for analysis, just to give the coroner / ME a bit of a head start once we turned up dead a few days later.

Hmmm, maybe this post belongs in the "what's the dumbest thing you've ever done" thread?
Old 10-17-2005, 08:33 AM   #16 (permalink)

With all the talk of new teeth you two should have posted before and after pictures of both your teeth and your credit debt

As allways Great show!
Old 10-17-2005, 09:14 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by travo
I brought a motorcycle cause it vibrates and I take my sisters 17 yearold girl friends on rides they love it =)
You can now buy a vibrator that goes under the pillion (passenger) seat. You install it without telling your girlfriend, and it automatically turns on and off. Just in case the ride isn't enough for you (and her).

I don't have a link, but it's not a really difficult thing to build. So there may be a couple of manufacturers and sellers.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmurk
You can now buy a vibrator that goes under the pillion (passenger) seat. You install it without telling your girlfriend, and it automatically turns on and off. Just in case the ride isn't enough for you (and her).

I don't have a link, but it's not a really difficult thing to build. So there may be a couple of manufacturers and sellers.

in the voice of a big burly biker dude

"why's my bitch always want to ride with Tommy? Everyone knows he's a fag!"
Old 10-18-2005, 06:05 AM   #19 (permalink)

buy me a flight to new york and ill fix the audio.
to be honest tho, it doesnt bother me. everyone knows podcasting is an amatuer kind of thing. its just a bunch of people doing shows from their house. STOP FUCKING MOANING.

if you care so much about it, use your own fucking compressor on the mp3 before u listen to it.

good show KATG.