Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Pat Dixon's comedy misogynistic?
Yes 82 60.74%
No 53 39.26%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Bacon Bar, Bitches

It was slightly ironic that the possibly misogynistic Pat Dixon is obsessed w/ murders involving hookers.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Maybe we can settle this with a "Pat Dixon joke or Charlton Heston quote?" contest?
Old 03-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
Before I listen to any more of the story, I've seen the pictures of the neck brace kid that died: Am I the only one wondering if somehow the parents are.. relieved of a burdon?

I'll never father a child so I'll never know all the blah blah, but my grandpa is like in his 70s, legs amputated after a bad accident, in and out of the hospital and barely hanging on. My mom is in a constant state of distress as a result of it. Let him go. He's circling the drain, time to stop spending resources and money on him.

These parents are gonna make out nice. A problem gone, a fat stack of cash. They'll always remember the love they had for their son, no one can take that away from them. Now their years of being good people are justified, due to the neglect of someone else.

Just sayin.
Watch for the scandal story where the parents split that fat stack with the faculty (pun not intended.)

But yes, I do agree way too many people throw their lives away to hold onto people who's time it was to go long ago. There was family that accidentally let their son drown and spent 3 years caring for a nearly lifeless body, they were able to resuscitate, night and day; until it died.

Far too often people call others heartless for saying what's all on our minds in situations like this, for fear that the memory of that person will be destroyed and a bridge to that familiarity will be lost forever, and in way they're right. But people need to start coping from the beginning, instead of living in pain to rectify a circumstance they couldn't change and punish themselves.

Just my two cents.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappbrannigan View Post
Maybe we can settle this with a "Pat Dixon joke or Charlton Heston quote?" contest?
Pat Dixon is hilarious. I don't know any Charlton Heston quotes. He did play Moses in a movie once; which automatically qualifies a person into Heaven. So he's got that going for him. Personally, I'd rather be Pat Dixon. He's funny and gets laid all the time.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

Pat Dixon isn't misogynistic but some people would think he is. His humor tends to be clinical and cold, remote from emotion. Any target, either male or female is treated the same. His humor is not romantic.

He's also responding to his market. Female nudity sells, male nudity much less so.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I didn't vote because I don't want to contaminate Keith's science, but I think it is possible to make jokes which are disparaging towards women without crossing the line into misogynistic. Like people make gay jokes which do sort of mock gay people without being hateful and/or homophobic.

Then again, maybe I'm just splitting hairs.

On the other hand, Pat attempting to defend himself against the accusation of being misogynistic by basically saying women and stupid, emotional and inarticulate...and none of that was in the context of "joke".... well.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #17 (permalink)

I look forward to Pat's next album, "Black People Be Stealing."
Old 03-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Pat himself may not be misogynistic (although some of his comments during KATG and NYCCR suggest otherwise), but his comedy most certainly is.

I listen to his NYC Crime Report podcast, and anyone who thinks that show isn't full of misogynistic comedy is batshit insane. Yes, it's for comedy, but at a certain point of repeating yourself, those thoughts will leak into your personal life and how you come across to others.

By the way, the poll specifically says "Pat's comedy". Not necessarily Pat himself.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
...at a certain point of repeating yourself, those thoughts will leak into your personal life and how you come across to others.
Hmm...maybe. It's like a 'misogynistic mantra,' you say? Also, I feel like the women who fall all over themselves for Pat Dixon; are mistaking his strong viewpoints for confidence.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 03-11-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: caffeine?
Old 03-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Keith, for example, has some misogynistic comedy too and frequently calls women "sluts" and "whores" on the show, but he has also stood up for women on many, many occasions. Especially when it comes to criminal acts against them. You can usually tell when he really means something and when it's more of a joke.

I did like the side of Pat that I saw on Chemda's "What's My Name Show" podcast.