Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: MEN ONLY: Do you feel like there may be a fight when you’re in a barbershop?
Yes 18 22.50%
No 62 77.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #41 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Barber Shops

Not a man here, but as a reasonably attractive young woman I worked in the office of a barber school and I always felt uncomfortable walking through the barber shop to the office in the back. Of course, I knew for sure that many of the students were drug dealers and paranoid about the cutting edge clock-in system that used their fingerprints, so I had reason to feel on edge. Which is to say even as a woman, I know a bit how Keith feels when he walks in to a barber shop.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #42 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think Keith just feels like there's always gonna be a fight.

I've been outside. Only twice in all my years out past highschool have I felt like I might have to fight. Maybe don't go into black barbershops as a white guy with a shaved head?
Old 03-14-2012, 11:54 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I think Keith just feels like there's always gonna be a fight.

I've been outside. Only twice in all my years out past highschool have I felt like I might have to fight. Maybe don't go into black barbershops as a white guy with a shaved head?
I believe this depends entirely on where you live, how often you go out, and if you're one of those people who honestly believe that it "takes more courage not to fight."

Those things could color your opinion quite a bit.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #44 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourbid View Post
I believe this depends entirely on where you live, how often you go out, and if you're one of those people who honestly believe that it "takes more courage not to fight."

Those things could color your opinion quite a bit.
I'm going to get a haircut tomorrow. Will report back.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #45 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

i have generally gone to strip mall hair places. i always feel comfortable at the GreatClips in Salem, NH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
. . that was a hell of a thing . .
Old 03-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #46 (permalink)

I'm feeling a vibe of more and more resentment here in Africa towards the West for things like this. You can actually get shirts with Gaddafi's face on them here because he has become a sort of martyr. Most people here feel certain individuals are being targeted to further some underlying agenda. I'm not saying Kony isn't a douche, he is... but this whole exercise feels futile and it's probably going to actually gain him popularity if he becomes the next "bad guy" to go after. I'm not saying it makes sense, I just know very little good will come of it.

A friend of mine made a good point today, don't target these individuals. Instead find out where their funding and weapons are coming from and try tackling that for a start.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #47 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Really? Your explanation seemed pretty simple. (You're forgiven.)
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #48 (permalink)

This is insane:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QWACLKaOC08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's where the money has been going to: Invisible Children founder Jason Russell's vanity dance musical numbers which start off with exploitative footage of suffering children. How did no one else catch this? It makes the Kony 2012 video look subtle and sane. He's basically using this to fund his desire to make Glee.

Revealed! Kony 2012's sinister Musical Comedy roots

Wtf? Yeah it was made in 2006 but maybe the money from Kony2012 will be able to fund more retarded musical videos.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
We KNOW where most of their funding is coming from. These guys are fucking WARLORDS. They're running drugs and human/sex trafficking. A lot of their funds come from intercepting humanitarian aid meant for the very people they're exploiting. The governments of these countries are corrupt/paid off/ threatened into submission. When they want to feed their private armies they just take shit from people and if they resist, they kill 'em.

It's a pretty complex problem without simple answers (sorry Keith)
Do we?

"Primary funding for operations conducted by the Lord’s Resistance Army comes from Sudan, home of the Darfur region, where the Chinese Communist Party reigns like Satan in Hell."
President Obama, AFRICOM, battle Lord’s Resistance Army, Kony

China loves us long time.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #50 (permalink)

Invisible Children Co-Founder Detained: SDPD | NBC San Diego