Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: How gracious is Keith Malley?
Not very 44 46.81%
Incredibly 50 53.19%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1555: OK, Cupid

"Instead of Tough Love, it's Hilarious Love."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Last week I accidentally walked out of my fencing club without paying my fencing coach. I was embarassed and thought about it every day until I saw him next and immediately paid him.

Fuck Scott Perez Fox, he's a horrible person and needs dead.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Fuck Scott Perez Fox, he's a horrible person and needs dead.
Whoa, dude. Seriously? Over some fucking penny biscuits? Wow. How about a simple, "Hey Scott, you need to start putting others first and yourself last - you fucking narcissist." I feel that would suffice. I find it incredibly brave Scott went onto show and discussed his online dating. He's a good looking guy who is obviously OCD and a bit cerebral. I applaud his attempts at humor in his Ok Cupid profile, however, my suggestion would be to keep your inner-nerd to yourself. Your...not ugly! Use this feature to your advantage. First and foremost, a woman just wants to know if your attractive and sane. Good comedy can come from being nervous and feeling awkward. This can also make you seem too brainy or just too weird. Keep your word descriptions short and to the point. The humor and smarts will reveal themselves in time. Also, I don't give a shit what Keith says. The eternal KatG question shall always remain, "So, uh...you pay for those cookies yet?" Define comedy gold.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Whoa, dude. Seriously? Over some fucking penny biscuits? Wow.
Yes. He's serious. Did you call the police?
Old 03-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I considered it...but then I realized his geographical location. Is the KGB still around? Also, Happy St. Paddy's Day. Enjoy.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Would Lisa Simpson not pay for digestive cookies? Please!
Old 03-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Whoa, dude. Seriously? Over some fucking penny biscuits? Wow. How about a simple, "Hey Scott, you need to start putting others first and yourself last - you fucking narcissist." I feel that would suffice. I find it incredibly brave Scott went onto show and discussed his online dating. He's a good looking guy who is obviously OCD and a bit cerebral. I applaud his attempts at humor in his Ok Cupid profile, however, my suggestion would be to keep your inner-nerd to yourself. Your...not ugly! Use this feature to your advantage. First and foremost, a woman just wants to know if your attractive and sane. Good comedy can come from being nervous and feeling awkward. This can also make you seem too brainy or just too weird. Keep your word descriptions short and to the point. The humor and smarts will reveal themselves in time. Also, I don't give a shit what Keith says. The eternal KatG question shall always remain, "So, uh...you pay for those cookies yet?" Define comedy gold.
I'm sure the 2010 Scott appreciates your critique of his profile.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah that profile was really bad... it needs to be way shorter and to the point. I know OKCupid wants you to write a certain amount to "complete your profile" - just ignore that. I agree with the guy who called in.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I'm sure the 2010 Scott appreciates your critique of his profile.
I'm lost. Is the 2012 Scott no longer in touch with the 2010 Scott? Has 2011 Scott evolved past the 2012 version? What's 2009 Scott think of the impending doom come December 12, 2012? Is it possible for 2010 Jewish Scott to accept his now agnostic-like stance in 2012? Ultimately, is Scott living in the multiverse?
Old 03-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

I always say that progress is the ability to look back at your former self and say "what was I thinking?!" and that holds true yet again for my old dating profile. Since then, it has become much shorter and direct. I remember that session and although it was mortifying, it was also helpful. I also appreciate the remarks of Enunciated Piffle, in whatever year.

Unfortunately, with online dating there is no silver bullet. No one can instruct you on what to add or remove to automatically get lots of dates with exactly the type of people you want. It's a numbers game, it's chance, it's usually absurd. We soldier on.

Regarding Keith forgiving me, I still have no idea how serious he is or if the whole thing is some elaborate bit of theatre. Like Chemda, I can't tell how enraged he was in the first place. If she can't tell, I'm hopeless. Something tells me if I turn up on April 15 with a date, she'll become an unsuspecting part of the show — need to find a gal with thick skin.