Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
I am a believer. 19 12.26%
I am an agnostic. 47 30.32%
I am an atheist. 89 57.42%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1557: Don't Believe the Hype

"No! No! I'm not ready! I said no!"

Lauren Hennessy

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

hey what about the agnostic atheist option?! =P
Old 03-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

I really loved that movie Ratatouille.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

http://www.dimitrithelover.com/animation/dykes.htm

Yeah, this dude is fucked up alright.

EDIT: By the way, that 3rd call is not Dimitri. There's too many jokes in it, the voice is similar but not the same, and the audio quality is much different. I'm going to assume if the 3rd call was recorded from Olga's cell phone, the sound quality would be exactly the same as the other two.

This dude is too funny:

Last edited by zappbrannigan; 03-20-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

I am a believer, American Baptist if you're curious, but I'm also lucky enough to live in a country that doesn't tell me you need to worship this god this way. I feel that one of the reasons why there are so many religions, and christian denominations, is that humankind doesn't fully understand God and what he requires from us as far as worship is concerned.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

Another reason for Keith to stay in doors.

Anything you ate, drank or inhaled up to 72 hours before your eruption could have cause the problem Keith.

We have to include inhaled now for two reasons,

1) a recent study that suggests that New York has some of the highest levels of fecal material in the air in spring and fall... most of it from dogs, but they've found bacteria that normally comes from human waste as well.

2) norovirus infections come about from inhaling a virus from when someone with the infection has coughed or sneezed in your vicinity. Most viruses you need to be infected with several thousand before they can overcome your immune system, but recent studies have suggested that the norovirus can cause infections from inhaling just one of the virus particles.

Last edited by whatotherway; 03-21-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

I selected the Agnostic option, but I don't believe in any religion. I am inclined to the belief of a God, because I have trouble wrapping my head over the beginning of the universe...at least until science disproves God.

I selected the "Don't Approve" option for the signs yesterday, but you've turned me around on that. I selected No because I was thinking of the more...aggressive signs that reminded me of the aggressive religious signs that I absolutely hate. But, if the sign is just a "It's OK to not believe" message, that's perfectly fine with me.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

If you ask me my religion, I will say Jewish without hesitation. I don't go to temple on a regular basis, but semi-regular, maybe a dozen plus times a year. My children both had their Bar Mitzvah in the synagogue we belong, my son within the last month.

However, if you ask me what I believe I will tell you that I'm not really sure. Science comes first for me, but I have some spirituality. I enjoy being in temple when I'm there, but I think it's more of a social thing. What do I believe? I really don't know. Or at least I can't put it into words. Is there a "higher being"? Maybe there is, but my brain says probably not.

Therefore I'm agnostic...I think.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
is that humankind doesn't fully understand God and what he requires from us as far as worship is concerned.
you'd think she'd have cleared that up by now

Jesus & Horus

amun-ra

Last edited by dEadERest; 03-21-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

I basically stood up and clapped when Keith was going on about god and how he isn't necessarily a force of good. It's an excellent point, and I've been thinking about it for years.

I know a lot of people who are agnostic, and a lot of those agnostics claim that if there was evidence that the Christian god, for example, existed, they'd become a Christian and praise the lord, etc. But what about the Christian god is so good? The Old Testament shows the lord as a murderer and a whiner, he's horribly unpleasant and illogical.

If you ask me, I'd be the one doing the judging when I got to heaven, not god. I'm the one who should be doing the questioning, right? What's all this about owning slaves? And this stuff about shaving your face and sideburns being a sin... did you really mean that? And what's this stuff about you flooding the earth, killing everything but Noah and a few animals, destroying existence on the entire planet? And why did you stop doing miracles around the same time cameras were invented?

Just because he's the creator or ruler or whatever doesn't mean we have to think he's the greatest thing that exists- what kind of North Korean mentality is that?