Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: roasting Dan Allen at his steak dinner bachelor party
Sounds like a fun thing 37 35.24%
It's a bad idea 68 64.76%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1568: Right in the Kisser

"I catch you pushing anybody, I will end you. And I'm dead serious. And I almost want you to test me, you little shit."

Last edited by Keith; 04-09-2012 at 08:51 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I feel weird after hearing Keith apologizing Jess's ex boyfriend. This situation is weird and i can understand why we should protect her. I prey to the great flying spaghetti monster that she is okay. Please do not address her first and last name in this thread because it will turn her ex's google alerts into a cesspool of more problems our favorite chick has to deal with. For her sake this man is crazy and we need to let him go away.

Btw in a totally unrelated point. I love the point you were making with the movie Bully keith.

Last edited by King Will; 04-09-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

"But I must talk about it." - King Will
Old 04-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Love the trailer for Ted, especially the thunder buddies part.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Keith is right, punch 'em square in the face.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I didn't listen to the whole show but I'll put money on Christopher Brodeur being at Bowery on Friday night.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

every time I watch the Bully trailer I want to reach in and hug that child and beat the shit out of every bully that touches him. I'll be a wreak in the theaters watching this I know it
Old 04-10-2012, 05:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

When Keith described the scene in Bully where the kid gets his head slammed into the bus seat I had to stop what I was doing and take a moment. An eerily similar thing happened to me in grade school, I'll never forget it. I was nearly driven to suicide at the age of 12 due to the feeling like the abuse would never end (I covered up my aborted attempt and hid the bullying from my parents as much as I could because I felt such shame) but this incident was beyond the pale.

Right up till about 7th grade I was picked on and bullied (btw Kieth is 100% right: punch them right in the fuckin mouth). I went to a different school starting in 5th grade and it got worse, as now I was the "new kid" on top of being a nerd. For my part I was disappointed beyond imagination, as I really hoped in my naive little kid way that when I switched schools all that stuff would be in the past.

Well it wasn't, and the standout event was an 8th grader who tormented me verbally on a daily basis and physically at least weekly on the bus to and from school decided to take it to the next level. As I was reading, he jumped over the seat behind me and drove my head into the metal siding of the bus. I was stunned, in pain, and extremely upset. That day the line was crossed and I decided to let him have it.

I ran right to the back where he was laughing it up with his friends and just started wailing on him screaming mad and blind with tears till other kids got involved and pulled me away from him. This incident was big enough that parents and school staff got involved but unfortunately for me it was also the year of Columbine so to try to get out of it the bully claimed that I threatened to get a gun and kill everyone, a claim that his friends readily corroborated. It worked, as he avoided punishment and my parents and I got called into the school at night for an "emergency meeting" where I sat alone in a classroom while my parents met with the principal. I found out what they were talking about and I never felt more afraid and alone in my entire life.

Luckily for me my parents and one of my teachers had my back and pointed out how ridiculous that idea was, so aside from that one night of me sitting at a desk in an empty school at night terrified my life might be ruined nothing came of it. But because "the driver only saw me fighting" and the schools attention was put on me, the bully was never punished. My parents drove me to school more often from that point on and I stayed later so they could pick me up more often.

I still had to use the bus sometimes though, but after me fighting back I never had any more trouble from that guy aside from some name calling. I'm not the type to hold a grudge but even now, 12+ years later, I'll never forget his face, what he did to me, and what he tried to do to my future.

I'm in.
aka Straight Edge Greg

Last edited by Alekseyev; 04-10-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
I didn't listen to the whole show but I'll put money on Christopher Brodeur being at Bowery on Friday night.
"This is the opposite of what I said! I said my peace and that was supposed to be it! This is not working out at all! You didn't even listen to the whole show! I am a king!" - King Will
Old 04-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Todays show was brilliant.

I finally get it now.
When Keith made the apology to Christopher Brodeur, I was shocked.
Then, without really acknowledging the weird apology, he immediately segways into the discussion about Bully.
In this segment he adamantly advocates for confrontation of bullies.
Christopher Brodeur is the bully.

Well played, KATG.
Well played.