Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you send back food if your order came back wrong in a restaurant?
Always 6 6.12%
Sometimes 61 62.24%
Never 31 31.63%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1571: WFF

"Then he takes his shirt off, and there's a bunch of pickles."

Mike Lawrence Comedy
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mike was thinking about ESU (educational services unit)

Does wff stand for world fucking federation or wife fucking federation?

This isn't bullying but I saw on the internet today where this kindergarten girl was taking a test and had to go to the bathroom. Teacher didn't let her and she ended up having diaerhia down her legs. and she had to set there until the test was over. Like my parents would say, where was the teacher's common sense.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I ordered a chocolate shake last night and got a vanilla one. So sometimes it doesn't really matter.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
Does wff stand for world fucking federation or wife fucking federation?
WFF - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

I don't know how to put it into words, and I've already been a Mike Lawrence fanboy on here before, I'll just say that I fucking loved this episode. From start to finish, aces 10 from all involved.

Actually I'll take .5 off for Mike not saying what Keith was like on stage. Aces 9.5.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

haha. nice pictures, fat ass.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Just in case anybody out there hasn't seen the stand-up photos:

That's FMOS level swagger. Makes me want to become a Simpsons fan just so I can own that shirt.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Even after hearing Mike guest on the show so many times and seeing him write elite level roast jokes on the fly it still sits me on my ass every time he comes back in the studio just hearing how damn fast he can be. There's a lot of things I'm thankful to KATG for but discovering Mike Lawrence through them is right near the top. That dude never ceases to impress me.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
This isn't bullying but I saw on the internet today where this kindergarten girl was taking a test and had to go to the bathroom. Teacher didn't let her and she ended up having diaerhia down her legs. and she had to set there until the test was over. Like my parents would say, where was the teacher's common sense.
I had close to the same thing happen to me in Pre-Kindergarten. Gym teacher was a douchebag and I asked if I could go pee, he said I had to wait until gym "class" was over. Physical activity + having to pee + 4 years old. Yeah, I wore shitty loaner corduroy pants from the nurses' office home. I haven't worn corduroy since.

Also, the comments about bullying again really hit home for me in this episode. I was bullied a lot in junior high/high school. Verbally, never physically, because of my large stature. But I got a lot of shit about my acne and being a recluse that still stick to me to this day. Lots of comments about how I'm going to bring weapons/bombs into school. To this day I never feel like I fit in very well with a group (anyone who saw me at KATG week knows this), and any time a woman pays any positive attention to me I feel like it's some sort of guise (a lot of my bullies were girls, believe it or not). One girl in particular made my life hell. A couple of years after graduation she apologized to me (via MySpace), but that doesn't make the damage much better. The funny thing is that when we were in elementary school, the same girl had a huge crush on me. And like Mike said, sometimes when something bad does happen, we who have been the "victims" love that it happened. I remember one time in class someone set firecrackers off in the hallway. I can clearly remember one other nerd friend and I thinking that they were gunshots, and saying "yes, yes, yes" to ourselves. Not that we personally ever wished harm on anybody, but it would have been just to us at the time.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Great show today. A few points that came to mind:

Regarding the guy who came up to Mike and graded his set: it's wholly inappropriate but I can see why he did it. Because the show is so frank and open you feel like you're buddies with a guest even though you're only listening to an exaggerated version of them on a podcast for an hour at a time. I don't condone what he did, but it's an easy mistake to make. A dumb mistake, sure, but also an easy one. Hell, they even talked about me making a mistake with Mike on the show. I didn't grade his set because I'm not a complete ass, but I got too familiar with him when I first met him because I assumed we were pals when really all I'd done was listen to him on the show. Now we're best buds though.

I understand that I'm nowhere near as high profile as the other guests that came out this weekend, but I've been on the show a few times and it felt great to have people recognize me. I only ran into one person thinking we were in the "it's cool if I bust Danny's balls because I heard him on the show and thus we're best pals" mode of friendship despite having never met the guy and it didn't feel good at all. It was a stranger being a douche. So I've been on both sides of the equation. Mike was right. I talk too much.

"Stay sick. Don't get well." -- The Mountain Goats (shut up.)