Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did Ted Nugent threaten the President
Yes 55 69.62%
No 24 30.38%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2012, 05:58 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDecisionDino View Post
I think anyone who wants the whole "stuck in the wrong body" thing to be treated as a serious issue would be offended to hear this kook think that he has the same problem that they've tried to deal with all their lives. Anyone else feel like it kinda trivializes what they've gone through? Once transgender people get full acceptance, is Trans-species gonna be the next frontier that the youth will call us all bigots for not embracing? Are we gonna start hearing shit like "Okay, sure, my DNA is human, but species is just a social construct!"?
I'd argue that to label dog guy a kook but respect transgenderism is hypocritical. If you can accept something as crazy as woman inside a man's body or vice versa you should be open to other such mix-ups.

While I too stopped the episode, albeit without the righteous indignation that other listener's appear to have had, it was merely because I'm not interested in hearing the views of a warped individual. I did a similar thing during Ari Shaffir's podcast where he was talking to a high-rent prostitute. While it started out interesting enough (though her claims of superiority to all other types of sex workers were grating) it came to a point where she said women don't get anything out of sex so they may as well get paid for it because there's no other benefits. Immediately it was clear that she was just as damaged as the other whores she claimed to be better than and I decided that she wasn't worth listening to.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
i could mention more burt its the first one that comes to mind. anyway he is always been a racist, right wing asshole. not surprised that ehs gettign worse. The guy said stuff like "speak english or get out of my goddamn country" at his shows.

Note: i am allowed to like his music without approving of his statements. the fact that most poeple who disapprove of what he said also need to add that his muysic is "crap"" is RETARDED. grow up, cunts.
Oh yeah, I wasn't at all surprised by his comments. And he said more than what was quoted on the show. Something about killing the coyotes that get into your living room. It was pretty clearly violent rhetoric. Nothing will happen of course, because he's a coward and he won't actually do anything. But he's an asshole, and a hypocrite chickenhawk.

You're definitely allowed to like his music without supporting his comments. My point was that whenever I hear someone touting his contribution to music, they just name that one song, which makes me question how awesome of a musician he ever was.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #23 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Are we gonna start hearing shit like "Okay, sure, my DNA is human, but species is just a social construct!"?
Just an FYI, pretty much any bio class would tell you that much of animal DNA is the same:

Quote:
Percentage of genetic similarity between humans and animals

- Genome-wide variation from one human being to another can be up to 0.5% (99.5% similarity)

- Chimpanzees are 96% to 98% similar to humans, depending on how it is calculated. (source)

- Cats have 90% of homologous genes with humans, 82% with dogs. (source)

- Cows (Bos taurus) are 80% genetically similar to humans (source)

- 75% of mouse genes have equivalents in humans (source), 90% of the mouse genome could be lined up with a region on the human genome (source) 99% of mouse genes turn out to have analogues in humans (source)

- The fruit fly (Drosophila) shares about 60% of its DNA with humans (source).

- About 60% of chicken genes correspond to a similar human gene. (source)
I haven't actually verified the sources because specific numbers don't really matter here. But you may actually be predicting the liberal plight of the next generation.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #24 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
You're definitely allowed to like his music without supporting his comments. My point was that whenever I hear someone touting his contribution to music, they just name that one song, which makes me question how awesome of a musician he ever was.
Oh people name that one mostly cause its the BIG HIT. to be honest i like other songs more, mostly cause, as noted by Lord of The Cock Rings, hes a better guitarist than a song writer. but everything hes done i like, couldnt giv e two shits about what he says, honestly. if i listened to wthe rambling of musicians i wouldnt listen to any music. or comedy. or wacth movies. or read books. 99.99% of artists are assholes and the remaining percentage has not alent.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
I think what threw me off about the dog episode was hearing him say that he genuinely felt like a dog trapped in a man's body. Up until then, I could process it as just some kind of silly fetish, but once you cross that line, I have to wonder how anyone can take them seriously.
I imagine people said something similiar about gay people too at one point.People are into what they are into, it's not your place to decide whether it's 'silly' or not.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawdog View Post
I'd argue that to label dog guy a kook but respect transgenderism is hypocritical. If you can accept something as crazy as woman inside a man's body or vice versa you should be open to other such mix-ups.
Eh, yeah, no. This is kinda where my line is. I can accept transgenderism just fine. Transspeciesism, however, that's bugnutty.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #27 (permalink)

Ted's new song: "I am the NRA"

Ted Nugent "I Am The NRA" - YouTube
Old 04-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

again, he kills at the guitar. who gives a fuck about what he thinks.

ill sing along to hate if its so catchy.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #29 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Well there's gotta be a line somewhere between "I'm a man in a woman's body", "I'm a dog in a human's body", "I'm an oak tree in a human's body", and "No really, I'm a magical unicorn!", and if the line isn't between trans-gender and trans-dog, then I might as well get it over with and vote Romney, because I am just not liberal enough for the world 20 years from now.
Sure there's a line, but you're looking in the wrong place.

Where it belongs is at "Does what this person is doing hurt anyone else?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
My point was that whenever I hear someone touting his contribution to music, they just name that one song, which makes me question how awesome of a musician he ever was.
Oh yeah?!?

Show me another who can chew gum while shredding his gat like Ted can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by better dylan View Post
Dear Chemda,
Please sing more of Judah Maccabee. That was beautiful.
Your's Truly,
Better Dylan
Fuckin A, it's ludicrous how Chemda can just pull this gloriousness out of thin air whenever she wants. Even when she's stricken down by the pox apparently. Mike may not have gotten his superpower but The Girl sure as hell did.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
I think what threw me off about the dog episode was hearing him say that he genuinely felt like a dog trapped in a man's body. Up until then, I could process it as just some kind of silly fetish, but once you cross that line, I have to wonder how anyone can take them seriously. I'd really love to hear Lauren's point of view on this.

I think anyone who wants the whole "stuck in the wrong body" thing to be treated as a serious issue would be offended to hear this kook think that he has the same problem that they've tried to deal with all their lives. Anyone else feel like it kinda trivializes what they've gone through? Once transgender people get full acceptance, is Trans-species gonna be the next frontier that the youth will call us all bigots for not embracing? Are we gonna start hearing shit like "Okay, sure, my DNA is human, but species is just a social construct!"?
You are correct. This is exactly the same thing.

Pretty soon we're going to be lobbying the government for all the rights and responsibilities of a dog-dog denied to us by religious and conservative voters.

Like heartworm pills or the use of kennels.

Or the right to do this to ourselves:

reptile-man.jpg

Or maybe we understand where the line is & we'll just keep laughing to ourselves when we're in a nice restaurant and my dog is SITTING AT THE TABLE.