Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: The world is doomed. Do we deserve it?
Yes. We did and will continue to do this to ourselves. 54 80.60%
No. We do what we can. 13 19.40%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1573: Around the World

"You're ruining my birthday!"

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

It's too bad the entire KATG clan doesn't all live in the same county/city. Collectively, we could definitely influence some local elections. A lot of those things are won by pretty slim margins(500-2k votes).
Old 04-24-2012, 04:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I was a bit confused when Chemda and Keith didn't understand why the protest would be on the 1st of May but Wiki told me that this is the official International Workers' Day in pretty much every country except for the US and Canada. Should have known that they like to be different from everybody else ;-)
Old 04-24-2012, 05:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

It was really sad to hear that people were actively against the Kony 2012 stuff. But I think the public freak out of the videos creator had less to do with the lack of caring then the amount of time that passed from when the video became huge. Unfortunately people have no attention span, it seems.

Last edited by Skyler; 04-24-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

John Petrie & Mixer

First, what was the outcome of the mixer? Seems like the story got interrupted by the story of Chemda chasing the UPS truck. I didn't buy the extended protection plan on my mixer, but went through the same thing but had to deal with the the mixer manufacturer from the start. Had to mail my mixer to a repair place (not the manufacturer) and get it repaired. Good news is they did a good job, paid 1/2 the shipping (I paid to get it there, they paid to get it back to me -- $80 each way), and it still works fine to this day.

Second, I don't know where John is being held in Louisiana, but I got busted once for smoking a joint down in an alley in the French Quarter, and held in Orleans Parish Prison for a week (over one joint). Couldn't get a bondsman because I was from out of state, blah blah blah. It cost me $1000 cash to get out, parents had to drive to come get me. Then it turned out, before we drive back for me to go to court (months later), we called to confirm the court date, and the lady looked it up. Told us "Oh, he doesn't have to go to court, the evidence was lost, the officers that arrested him were not on duty at the time, and even if they were on duty, that wasn't their jurisdiction". No one called to let us know that, I guess they just wanted us to drive in from out of state to hear it in court. Then it took over a year for them to mail me back my $1000.

Anyway, two things, New Orleans is FUCKED UP as far as law goes, and second, everything the lady at jail told Chemda is pretty standard. You got to get the visitation form from the inmate -- Their reasoning is that they don't want the inmate to go ape-shit when they see you. I think the only way around this rule is for a lawyer to go meet with his client. Also, no cameras, recording devices, etc. Chemda's right, you'll just end up in there with him if you try to undercover that stuff in, and believe me, O.P.P. isn't where you want to be stuck if you live in a different state. At the time I got busted there was no county jail (or parish jail), everyone just went to the Orleans Parish Prison, no matter how small the crime. It may be different now, that was about 20 years ago that I had my experience.

Here's a thought, maybe find someone who is friendly with John, send John a letter as if it came from that friend, and ask him to call you, then record the phone call. You wouldn't have to leave NYC, wouldn't risk getting locked up yourself, and might get some recorded audio from him. But if he just hangs up on you after he figures it out, there is no way you can call him back.

Just my 2¢....

Last edited by pmbailey; 04-24-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbailey View Post
Second, I don't know where John is being held in Louisiana, but I got busted once for smoking a joint down in an alley in the French Quarter, and held in Orleans Parish Prison for a week (over one joint).
As a side note, I should have realized something was wrong when the cops didn't have enough handcuffs for me and my 3 friends, so they handcuffed us together, then made us sit on Bourbon St for over an hour waiting on a cop car to pick us up. That was almost as bad as sitting in prison for a week. Everyone was walking by laughing at us.

Also the cops asked us why we didn't just drink. Well, we were drinking, but we were underage, so even that should have been illegal, but was never mentioned.

Long story short, the cops just busted all 4 of us so they could take our pot.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I was a bit confused when Chemda and Keith didn't understand why the protest would be on the 1st of May but Wiki told me that this is the official International Workers' Day in pretty much every country except for the US and Canada. Should have known that they like to be different from everybody else ;-)
Because May 1 is officially the Commie Pinko Labor Day. True capitalists celebrate labor every day they count their profits. The rest of the proletariat gets the first Monday in September off.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #8 (permalink)

Poster time Keith?

Now here is something on Youtube that deserves a poster campaign.

You decide in what form . . . . .

Hot Problems (official single) - Double Take - YouTube
Old 04-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
Now here is something on Youtube that deserves a poster campaign.

You decide in what form . . . . .

Hot Problems (official single) - Double Take - YouTube
Not even close for worst video of all time on Youtube. They went to the trouble to rent a camera crew and a limo, then pay for a production company to make the video, but can't even be bothered to use autotune. Hot Problems has to be a joke, just not a funny one. My vote for worst all time is this atrocity.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoLoco View Post
My vote for worst all time is this atrocity.

Is she Australian - What the hell kind of southern country accent is that?

I still would rather watch the hot girls. Please don't tell the police.