Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who is more right?
Keith 88 88.89%
DrGiggles 11 11.11%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1578: Touching You

"I can't explain where I stand to someone that thinks confronting the person that stole things from you is worse than making teenagers digest your human waste."

Last edited by Keith; 05-01-2012 at 03:09 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mel Gibson

Mel Gibson is a crazy fucker, we all know that and don't even need to acknowledge it any more. However, I got to come to his defense a little bit. I have paid a contractor for work, and received no service for 9 months and ended up in court fighting to get my money back. I went off the handle more than a couple of times. In his case he paid someone a hefty advance and received nothing for 14 months. I kind of think he was in a position to get exploited because they knew that his ass was batshit crazy and could sell content to the papers. But.......calling people oven dodgers, Heebs, and so on, I guess can't stand by this but I expect this from Mel Gibson.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

As a general rule: If your internet name could also be used as a pseudonym for a homicidal clown. You're probably not right.

I've used this rule my entire life and it hasn't steered me wrong yet.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

IQ is relative to your age group. It's normally distributed around 100 with Standard Deviation of 15 (so 68% of people are within 85-115, 95% are within 70-130, and 99.5 are within 55-145).

Einstein's 180 estimate or whatever means he was in the top 99.9999948th percentile of his peers. The girl's 179 points would mean she's in the top 99.9999925th percentile of all current 4 year olds.

The tests were originally intended to estimate mental age, though I don't think anyone takes that seriously. It was supposed to be Mental Age = Age * IQ/100. So an average 4 year-old with 100 IQ would have the mental age of 4. IQ of 179 would be 7.16 (4*179/100).

It basically means she has a lot of potential to be smart, but she's still pretty dumb right now and only thinks like a 7 year old.

And I know way too much about this
Old 05-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

What's My Name Show vs My Name Is Keith

I love how even the guitar instrumental in MNIK's commercial sounds a bit drunk and tipsy compared to WMNS's guitar instrumental.

Comparing those shows is like comparing apples and oranges, and when it comes to KATG material, I like the whole fruit salad! *wearingafruitbowlhatface*
Old 05-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

John Petrie

There is a certain air of Nelson's "HA HA" about Keith going down to see J. Petrie and trying for a KATGtv episode as well.

Giving him money to agree to do it would be (dare-I-say-it) EXPLOITATION!!! (not really -.-)

Personally I think that an inner "HA HA" would be enough, even then I'd feel sorry for him.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

SIRI OH SIRI

Keith,
Siri has independent volume settings. Hold home button down until Siri pops up, then immediately adjust the volume using the phone's side buttons.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognegro13x View Post
Mel Gibson is a crazy fucker, we all know that and don't even need to acknowledge it any more. However, I got to come to his defense a little bit. I have paid a contractor for work, and received no service for 9 months and ended up in court fighting to get my money back. I went off the handle more than a couple of times. In his case he paid someone a hefty advance and received nothing for 14 months. I kind of think he was in a position to get exploited because they knew that his ass was batshit crazy and could sell content to the papers. But.......calling people oven dodgers, Heebs, and so on, I guess can't stand by this but I expect this from Mel Gibson.

If Eszterhas's allegations are remotely true, Gibson put him in a position in which he couldn't provide a service. Gibson pulled the same shit with The Passion of the Christ. One of his major "sources" for that movie was not the Bible, but the rantings of a medieval anti-Semitic nun who wrote about how Jews drink the blood of babies. If Gibson was pushing psycho religious "experts" on Eszterhas and expecting him to write twisted bullshit, then he's the one who put the guy in a bind.

Quote:
“If he (Eszterhas) put half as much time and effort and creativity and imagination into a screenplay, which he was supposed to write, as he did into that letter, we wouldn’t be having this conversation… It’s kind of like you build a house, you hire a guy to put a roof on it, he comes over and eats lunch and talks about the roof, and then you get rained on all night. Wouldn’t you be kind of peeved?”
No Mel, it's more like you hire a guy to build a roof but demand that it be made of marshmellows, because you really love marshmellows, and then you go into a psychotic rage when he tries to tell you that it won't work.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

I agree with DrGiggles. Just let it go.

John Petrie is a loser in every sense of the word. That should be enough.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward's Screen Name View Post
I guess the episode was sweet, or something, but listening throughout left me with a kind of empty feeling. It was funny in the past when John Petrie was this mythical figure, a villain who could never be found. The discovery of John Petrie - and his ruined life - has proven much less fun. There was no satisfaction in hearing Peter gleefully run down the list of Petrie's time in jail, criminal offenses, homeless shelters where he used to stay, it was just depressing. Made be kind of uneasy actually.

And I'm sorry if I'm coming off sanctimonious. That's really not my attention and if this comment is being read that way then it's my fault for not expressing myself more clearly. I just think the ruination of people's lives is a sad thing, even if they bring it on themselves.
Well, John was already real to me, and that you enjoyed the stories up until I actually found him means this is really your fault.