Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who is more right?
Keith 88 88.89%
DrGiggles 11 11.11%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward's Screen Name View Post
I agree with DrGiggles. Just let it go.

John Petrie is a loser in every sense of the word. That should be enough.
11%; I suppose it could be worse . I'll only add that I'm not projecting in any way; I never hold grudges and I think it's a destructive behavior. What I do feel is empathy for the many individuals I've met over the years whose lives have been ruined by drug addiction.

Regarding Cat's doctor exam... It's standard practice during nearly any office visit to evaluate certain core body systems, so listening to her lungs and/or heart is not by any means beyond the realm of reasonable (no matter what the complaint is). It's without question best practice to listen over skin; listening over any thickness of clothing is considered to be a sub-par exam and degrades the quality of subtle sound transmission (and most physical exam findings are subtle), although many physicians take this shortcut because it's easier and faster even though they know better.

So it does sound like he was doing it correctly...but, that said, there's a question of technique; if he was truly asking her to completely lift up her shirt, I would agree that's not the proper way to do it; however, if he was just lifting it up enough to reach underneath (to the high back/upper lung fields), the situation may have been misinterpreted. Also, if the shirt was tight it may have come up more than he intended. I won't completely discount the possibility of a creepy doctor, but honestly, there's nothing sensual about a medical exam in a doctor's office, for either person. Realize it's likely he performed one or more digital rectal exams on old obese men that same day, in the same room.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:05 AM   #52 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGiggles View Post
So it does sound like he was doing it correctly...but, that said, there's a question of technique; if he was truly asking her to completely lift up her shirt, I would agree that's not the proper way to do it; however, if he was just lifting it up enough to reach underneath (to the high back/upper lung fields), the situation may have been misinterpreted. Also, if the shirt was tight it may have come up more than he intended. I won't completely discount the possibility of a creepy doctor, but honestly, there's nothing sensual about a medical exam in a doctor's office, for either person. Realize it's likely he performed one or more digital rectal exams on old obese men that same day, in the same room.
Looking back, he was completely professional and it was just a tight shirt, you fuckin' wacko.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #53 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

They make me strip down and put on that hospital gown, and take my socks off, just to get a blood test. So I'd have no idea what's going on.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Looking back, he was completely professional and it was just a tight shirt
That's clearly not what I said. I listened to your description of the visit three times; the least you could do is read what I said once. You clearly stated he should have listened over top of the shirt, and that's simply the wrong way to do it. Maybe he was acting unprofessionally in some way, but that's a serious charge which your recount of the visit simply doesn't justify. But maybe you're right; maybe he's just in the business to feel up your girlfriend, and maybe he risks losing his medical license every single day just to get these jollies. That's probably the more likely explanation.

Quote:
you fuckin' wacko.
Just to be clear, you're saying you don't bully people, right?
Old 05-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #55 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I'd throw you in a locker like it was last Tuesday and still not feel like a bully, you self-entitled shithead douche.

I said the doctor could check the heartbeat from the top, not OVER the top, you smug cunt-rag.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd throw you in a locker like it was last Tuesday and still not feel like a bully, you self-entitled shithead douche.

I said the doctor could check the heartbeat from the top, not OVER the top, you smug cunt-rag.
Please, keep throwing personal insults as I'm happy to ignore them.

The heart exam is actually a little more invasive than the lung exam as there are 4 different places to listen to on the chest. If the neckline is amenable, only 2 places can be reached from above. The other two must be accessed from below. The proper procedure for a female is to ask her to lift her left breast as the 4th spot lies directly underneath. This does require lifting the shirt to a degree.... However, I'll go back to what I originally said in my first post before you started spewing vitriol; if he asked her lift her entire shirt up to fully expose her bra, then I would completely agree it's not good technique and does not appropriately address patient privacy. If that's exactly how it happened, then I already agreed with you, and thus why I asked you read what I actually said.

And quite frankly if you're so sure his conduct was completely inappropriate and unprofessional, you should issue a complaint with the NY medical board. I do find it curious every time you encounter a physician something isn't to your liking and Keith always knows best. Here's a link for your convenience. In case you're concerned they'll ignore your complaint; you can see here licenses are suspended routinely multiple times each week. Medical boards take complaints quite seriously.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #57 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

So what are you trying to say?
Old 05-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #58 (permalink)

For the record: The shirt I was wearing had a neckline low enough cut that it’s much easier to put hand to the inside of that to listen to my heart, rather than lift my whole shirt off, which is what he was trying to do first. So in fact he did listen skin on skin, not on top of clothing but the whole situation was very awkward. I’ve never had that happen before in a Dr office, any time before they would have known to do that - which is why I stopped him to suggest it. I don’t know if he was being a creep or just not using common sense.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #59 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I think the point is DrGiggles may actually be a doctor, and this is the kind of person they put out there to work on us.

Unbelievable.