Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Keith like The Avengers?
Yes 53 51.46%
No 50 48.54%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadderWorse View Post
I think that most of the occupy protesters don't put in 100% effort in their share of 'community service' and it would be better if they helped out to help themselves.
I work 30 hours a week with children developing programming and events that encourage critical thinking, interest in science and the arts, and regular physical activity. What do you do?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Want? To not have two centuries of gathered national wealth used to prop up failing business models while schools struggle to keep their doors open? To remind my representative government its existence is to represent the needs of its constituents? To call bullshit on corporate personhood?

How ought I best address those things? Scented stationery?

p.s. two also bullshit wars that claimed the lives of several schoolhood chums. embossed letterhead?
Funny response, I'm being genuine. In all honesty though, I don't disagree with you. The thing is, what did the occupy movement do about it. Protest? I feel like sometimes it's like the only thing people think of doing when something's wrong. I'm not suggesting the 'kill them with kindness' tactic. How about forming a productive alliance, one that doesn't include camping out in unhygienic conditions and sometimes destroying property (be it public or private). It could've led to unwarranted riots (I don't know if it has or not), I say unwarranted because even though history might show that some riots 'furthered' progress I find that there was always a more reasonable alternative. EDIT: Also, who do the occupy movement want to attribute this blame to? The 1%? It's somewhat contradictory because they scream of corruption while they wash their hands from the blame of corruption. Like no one from the occupy movement accepted a bribe? (I make this sweeping generalization to illustrate a point, because that's what they're attributing to all of the 1%, aren't they?) The real point is, stop pointing the finger because:

1) You'll get warts.
2) It's best to do something productive instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I work 30 hours a week with children developing programming and events that encourage critical thinking, interest in science and the arts, and regular physical activity. What do you do?
I don't dispute that, but can you say that for everyone in the occupy movement? I'm studying to be a civil engineer, sophomore year. While I haven't picked a specific area, I know that I want to help in building sustainable water sources for those that don't have them. I don't expect applause and neither should anyone else.

Last edited by BadderWorse; 05-04-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:49 AM   #13 (permalink)

I get it. They are absolute grains of sand in the greater eyeball. It is the consummate function of the hippie.

Our government officials are profiting from the continual suffering of its people and the decline of a nation they feign to protect. It's easy for them to ignore. Making that harder is part of the bigger picture. I don't have the time, cash, or the gumption to have my face maced or my shoulder dislocated for exercising my first amendment rights; I do what I can where I am. There is reason for outrage (NDAA for example) and, along with folks doing their parts in any which'a'way locally, I am glad somebody is out there being goddamned outraged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 05-04-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:51 AM   #14 (permalink)

Smile

Funny Episode!
Old 05-04-2012, 01:40 AM   #15 (permalink)

The woman who wrote the book about Obama and Keith's interpretation of her writing is almost exactly like the way Soccergirl writes.

It was during one of the 70-something hour marathons.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadderWorse View Post
I agree, I think that most of the occupy protesters don't put in 100% effort in their share of 'community service' and it would be better if they helped out to help themselves. That's some deep thinking there!

They had a great example just a few shows ago. Molly Neffel went to work May 1st because she recognized that her job as a teacher was more important, so she did her occupy stuff before and after work.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Keith was so damn funny today. I lost it when he spoke about the "wavy world" in the painting.

And Chemda and Carmen are always great.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #18 (permalink)

I downloaded this episode on Itunes... no weird sound for me.

I agree with Keith, he should confront John Petrie. He was victimized by him and has the right to remind him of the damage he's done and the people he's hurt.

I can't help but wonder what it would be like if Keith were ever confronted. I realize that he has never stolen anyone's personal property or creative work, but I'm sure the shit shake woman would like a chance to chat with him... assuming she ever found out what he had done. Although, him tracking HER down and letting her know that she drank his blended shit would also be pretty funny......
Old 05-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #19 (permalink)

She needs these as tattoos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tan_mom.jpg (90.0 KB, 95 views)
Old 05-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

the avengers movie was fun to me but it really is silly and spelled out, so im pretty sure he will hate it.

Also, youre so right. those protesters shpould stop being commie fag junkie hippies and get a job like men instead. the nerve on these exploited people. we all know that change isnt made through outrage and riots but by posting annoying stuff on the internet.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 05-04-2012 at 12:53 PM.