Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Breast feeding in public
It's a right 63 57.27%
Gimme a break 47 42.73%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

All I can think of when it comes to breast feeding is that your nipples fucking hurt like crazy! All of my friends who are mothers were beyond relieved the day their kids stopped breast feeding and they were able to stop using the nipple creams. Why on earth would you want to continue the agony for years, especially when the kid's teeth are all in?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #22 (permalink)

From one of 30 states that have defined marriage...

All persons deserve fair and equal treatment, in recognition of their dignity. But protecting and promoting marriage as the union of one man and one woman is not denying equality or being unfair. Every person has the right to marry, but those who seek to enter same-sex unions seek something other than to marry; instead, they seek to have the civil law force others treat their non-marital relationships as if they were marriage. But the relationships are not the same, either functionally or morally. Defending marriage is not unfair, it’s just respecting reality -- the reality of marriage as the total, fruitful union of man and woman. Real fairness, real equality, depends on truth.

I'm not some sort of prude or religious type, being gay, BDSM, or swinging should all be legal. I just don't think redefining major concepts of civilization is wise.

-neanderthal
Old 05-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

voted

I voted but it was hard to pick, on one hand I don't think there should be a problem with breast feeding in public, simply for practical reasons you might not be able to feed at home, you might need or want to be somewhere. That said I have a problem with women who just blatantly breast feed. Sure do it, I don't mind. But Its not so common that I won't do a double take and women who breast feed need to realize that its something that will draw as much attention as a person in full goth grab or a screaming child.

On the note of whats being talked about here, I'm no expert but I think breast feeding would help weight loss heres why. To looses weight your body has to eat its own fat, to get your body to do this it has to not get the proper nutrition from itself, breast milk is full of vitamins and calories, the stuff babies need to grow, and so in combination with proper eating habits would force your body to loose weight.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #24 (permalink)

Obviously this mother . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
The Time Magazine cover is better with no chair:

lived near Chernobyl since her son can now levitate due to his mother's radioactive breast milk.

Wonder Twin Powers . . . " Form of an Omm Babi Sabi"
Old 05-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #25 (permalink)

Question ohhhhh . . . one other thing

and there was a show yesterday or am I working too hard and I lost track of days?
Old 05-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by operababe View Post
I thought you burned calories while breast feeding because of the continuous production of milk? If you don't breast feed, your body doesn't have to do that extra step each day. So TECHNICALLY you could be "loosing weight"... but it probably isn't a whole lot. Like how you burn more calories in a seated position than in a lying position....
I think you burn 500 calories a day breastfeeding, but yeah, you're supposed to sleep and relax and recoup, and you should eat a healthy amount of calories...so, if you only gained 8 lbs while pregnant, you will probably lose your weight (and you probably only gained that because of your genetics in the first place)...if you gain 20+ (and there are some that gain as much as 70) you can't just sit and breastfeed and lose the weight.

I hate seeing pregnant women being told "oh don't worry, breastfeeding helps you lose all that weight" by skinny minis that lost it in 2 months. It is such a rediculous wives tale.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Our midwife's 5 yr old son would happily run into the room and nurse right in the middle of our check-up. It got to be so common, we neverminded it. We would talk shit immediately on the ride home, though. Our daughter nursed until age 2.5 and is super healthy, however, and the benefits of nursing are huge. Also, fuck this Time cover. It turns the natural into bullshit.
After 1 year of age, breastfeeding in America (where it isn't needed to keep the kid from starving) doesn't have much nutritional value, it is for attachment reasons. Everyone can breastfeed past 1 and it is just fine, but the health benefits stop being monumental after 1.

My mom nursed my sister until 2.5 and she was mocked by my dad's family. I felt so bad for her...she liked to nurse and made that choice and I thought it was so wrong that people made her feel terrible about it.

And Amyuilani, my kid got teeth at 3mo and I nursed until he was a year. The teeth suck, but you can train them not to bite. It is the breast infections (mastitis) that suck, that shit makes you delusional. It is a definite labor of love to breastfeed...it takes a lot of work...but in my opinion, it is very worth it.

Last edited by stulagu; 05-11-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #28 (permalink)

Marriage topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaCowboy View Post
All persons deserve fair and equal treatment, in recognition of their dignity. But protecting and promoting marriage as the union of one man and one woman is not denying equality or being unfair. Every person has the right to marry, but those who seek to enter same-sex unions seek something other than to marry; instead, they seek to have the civil law force others treat their non-marital relationships as if they were marriage. But the relationships are not the same, either functionally or morally. Defending marriage is not unfair, it’s just respecting reality -- the reality of marriage as the total, fruitful union of man and woman. Real fairness, real equality, depends on truth.

I'm not some sort of prude or religious type, being gay, BDSM, or swinging should all be legal. I just don't think redefining major concepts of civilization is wise.

-neanderthal

I live in NYC and I guess its one of the most progressive areas in the USA. Voting for the POTUS is you are GOP is fruitless in NY as it is such a "blue state" that said . . .

the marriage issue.

what about this . . . ..

legally . . . throw out the term 'marriage' for everyone. that's right, everyone! Just strike it from the law.

You get reissued a legal civil union document that agrees with your original marriage certificate. Now no one can complain.

why?

1st rule of the USA - separation of church and state.

Marriage is a sacrament and the church got to define the rules 1st, not the government. Everyone can cry all they want about this issue but what the term marriage is, is a fact and a marriage is (essentially defined by the many religions and put down on paper by the Roman Catholic church for one) between a man & a women. This is long before the born again Christians and all the other off shoots of Christianity have taken a hold of politics here in America.

To me, the above is a fact. Do I agree with it? I though a long time about this as I am very liberal & conservative. Liberal in the sense of how everyone should be treated and conservative in the way I personally feel and act.

so . . . .

let everyone get "married", its their right but call them Civil Unions.
Leave the marriages in the religious cannon and if your specific "church" doesn't allow it, join another. Hey, if they don't agree with your thoughts then you don't really belong there anyway . . . probably . . ..who know . . argue amongst yourselves.

for now, I am very happily married but would be very willing to be happily 'civil unionized' in the eyes of the US Gov. so that others could get the same rights as I do.

Problem solved.

Funny how certain areas of the country have the "don't tread on me" attitude but then try to force their ideas on you via legislation. NC is the recent one they were talking about on the show, right?

. .. and please don't say anything about the topic of intelligent design in the school systems. I will have a coronary! ; )
Old 05-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
Liberal in the sense of how everyone should be treated and conservative in the way I personally feel and act.
I like this statement, I never thought about it, but in general, this is how I am as well. I just always called myself politically bipolar.

The one thing I don't like is saying I'm civil unionized, that is rediculous. It will always be called marriage and wedding because that is what we know it as. Maybe Christians can make up a new name for themselves, "I'm sanctimoniously married"
Old 05-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #30 (permalink)

I would be curious to see how public breastfeeding fares over in Europe where they don't have such a hard-on for nudity (no pun intended). It's silly that anyone has a problem with it. I don't find it beautiful or whatever horseshit breastfeeding activists say, its just a natural bodily function which can stimulate a babies immune system and provide certain bonds between child and parent. It's not like someone pissing on the sidewalk its feeding a fucking child.

Edit: Oh and any chance to see some ta-tas is A O.K. in my book. I just wish they would get that damned baby out of the way.