Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you or will you see The Avengers in a theater?
Yes 60 60.61%
No 39 39.39%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagirl19 View Post
About The Hulk’s Two Hulk Outs In THE AVENGERS

Read this only if you WANT it explained to you. If you want to think about it and figure it out for yourself, don't read this.

Spoilers, fuckin duh...

About The Hulk’s Two Hulk Outs In THE AVENGERS | Badass Digest
SPOILER

So The Hulk can turn into The Hulk when he wants and therefore control it. But he won't get so angry at every bad guy beating on him that the bad Hulk will come out and he'll beat the shit out of his friends, too? He's able to be cute and playful and give Thor a little poke in the face (and smirk at it) after all that anger is swirling around? Doubt it!

I'M NOT BUYING YOUR LIBERAL HOLLYWOOD AGENDA!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I would think Anger Management Therapy techniques have improved since the 60s. And don't forget Thor is a God, so he probably knows a guy.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #13 (permalink)

Nick Fury & Samuel Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
On the nerdy hand: Nick Fury has always been white. On the other 'trying not to be a racist douche' hand: well, why can't Sgt. Fury be black?
I think Marvel (or a specific Marvel author) purposefully repurposed Nick Fury in some story line (Ultimates . . or whatever) in the 2000's as an African American with the express purpose of casting Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury.

To me, that's just BS.

and to complain about this is not racist.

I think they should re-release Disney's Tom Sawyer with Jaden Smith in the lead role.

Get the point?

(saying politely so that post doesn't get misconstrued in tone)

Last edited by Black Bart; 05-15-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: damm typos
Old 05-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Still SPOILING shit over here *Spoiler*Spoiler*Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
SPOILER

So The Hulk can turn into The Hulk when he wants and therefore control it. But he won't get so angry at every bad guy beating on him that the bad Hulk will come out and he'll beat the shit out of his friends, too? He's able to be cute and playful and give Thor a little poke in the face (and smirk at it) after all that anger is swirling around? Doubt it!

I'M NOT BUYING YOUR LIBERAL HOLLYWOOD AGENDA!
It's not a matter of good-Hulk/bad-Hulk. Hulk is Hulk, but even Hulk can get pissy. Think of a great big cunt that you know. She's base-level cunty, like, ALL THE TIME. But sometimes, especially if Loki's magic staff, which we'll call her period, comes into play, she can get even cuntier, if you can imagine. Like, uncontrollably cunty. At whomever happens to be nearby.

But on her good days, she can get along with her co-workers, be nice to children, even be not wholly unpleasant to be around. Though she will, even on her good days, occasionally sucker-punch you right in the goddamn head for shits and giggles.

It's like that.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #15 (permalink)

Keith a STNG nerd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
When I saw the title of this show I thought it was going to be about picard102.

Thought the same thing. Didn't know he was not only a super hero nerd but also a Trekkie.

(and when I watched the original, you were a Trekkie, not a Trekker - had to go to WIKI to prove myself right)

The issue is also shown in the film Trekkies 2, in which a Star Trek fan recounts a supposed incident during a Star Trek convention where Gene Roddenberry used the term "trekkies" to describe fans of the show, only to be corrected by a fan that stood up and yelled "Trekkers!" Gene Roddenberry allegedly responded with "No, it's 'Trekkies.' I should know — I invented the thing."
Old 05-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
and to complain about this is not racist.

Get the point?

)
Goddamnit. This is why I hate posting here. At what point did I call you racist? I was merely talking about myself, my own feelings, my thoughts. And yeah, I didn't know about the 're-workings of the Nick Fury character' but, yes...that is a good point. It's called selling out. Not a fan.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
I think Marvel (or a specific Marvel author) purposefully repurposed Nick Fury in some story line (Ultimates . . or whatever) in the 2000's as an African American with the express purpose of casting Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury.

I think they should re-release Disney's Tom Sawyer with Jaden Smith in the lead role.

Get the point?
That's an excellent point and a perfect analogy. Race is just as important in both, never mind sex.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Goddamnit. This is why I hate posting here. At what point did I call you racist?
Sorry about that. Just making sure that others that read it didn't feel that I was.

No foul, no harm?

again, my apologies.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Yeah dude. No worries.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell was a comedy book turnd into a movie (though I'll admit a horrible one) so I wouldn't be surprised if What Do We Do Now became one =) Lets start writing the studios! And since the authors are also actors...they can star as themselves!