Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Places
New York City, New York 43 55.13%
Denver, Colorado 35 44.87%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #11 (permalink)

Since it is in the poll I might as well make a shameless plug for Denver comedy. A friend has been setting up a listing of all Denver showcases and open mics.

Colorado Comedy

The show I help run is Rooster and Moon 2nd Monday of the month.

Last edited by JaymztheKing; 05-23-2012 at 09:53 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
I used to like Chris on the show but lately theres just this tone about him where he has has this strong point of view about something, yet when he has to defend it or explain anything he has no idea what the fuck he's talking about. Last time is was about how taxes in general where unconstitutional and how out of his own moral convictions he chooses to live in his grandmothers basement. Now this time it was his whole talk about trading stocks/options/futures and how CNBC/bloomberg were out to screw over their viewers that made him sound like a complete idiot. He's like one of those people who take a PSYCH-101 course at a community college ant then feel like they're psychologists.
Isn't it the worst when people express their strong opinions about topics or people in a public forum? It's the worst. But, not like how you just did it. That's totally different. As for Chris? Man, what's his deal? Right?
Old 05-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklXbns View Post
Isn't it the worst when people express their strong opinions about topics or people in a public forum? It's the worst. But, not like how you just did it. That's totally different. As for Chris? Man, what's his deal? Right?
I'm not against strong opinions, the problem is when you have these opinions but lack any real knowledge of the topic you have these strong opinions on.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

I was going to bring this up in the thread for the episode a bit ago with Gaby Dunn where she mentioned how Bret Easton Ellis was casting James Deen in a movie, but it's probably better suited here: Fuck Bret Easton Ellis!

I used to follow him on Twitter because I like a few of his books, but I had to unfollow him because he's a dickhead. First of all, he's always bashing filmmakers like Michael Mann, etc for making "inconsequential" films, yet he's been writing the SAME FUCKING BOOK over and over again for the past 20 years.

The point of bringing him up in this thread, though, is that he felt he had to weigh in on the Dharun Ravi trial. Actual tweets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret Easton Ellis
Dharun Ravi might be a jerk but if a jury convicts him because Tyler Clementi killed himself then the US justice system is seriously fucked...If Tyler Clementi had not killed himself we would have never heard of Dharun Ravi. This is a witch hunt pure and simple and it sickens me...Bullying=Suicide? Personally I blame the parents and an entire culture that indulges a childproof world where pain and losing doesn't exist....I was bullied. It was awful. But I learned a lot. I learned how to cope. It taught me things: people are cruel, the world sucks. I grew up.
This coming from the same guy who said: "Not to bum everyone out, but can we get a reality check here? It gets worse." (re: the "It Gets Better" campaign)

And I thought I was a cynical asshole. Go write some more books about people doing cocaine, you insensitive prick.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I never say this show or that show wasn't so good. Sure, sometimes I criticize, but never the quality of the shows. What I criticize are particular things people say or do or how they come off.

Anyway, point was, buy the audiobook of, "What Do We Do Now?" It's really great and I'm enjoying it a lot. I expect to listen to it more than once.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
I'm not against strong opinions, the problem is when you have these opinions but lack any real knowledge of the topic you have these strong opinions on.
If someone has facts, proof, and a pile of evidence which supports their claims and is able to properly explain their position, is that even an opinion?
Old 05-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Keith bringing up the "faggot" word issue reminded me of something. He used to use that word quite often in older shows. I only noticed because I listened to like 3 years worth of shows over again over a span of a few months. I think it changed as he had more gay people in his life, or just grew up a bit. It's interesting analyzing that stuff.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I'm sure I did. I've evolved.

Which makes me feel weird about my old book At Least I'm Not A Faggot.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklXbns View Post
If someone has facts, proof, and a pile of evidence which supports their claims and is able to properly explain their position, is that even an opinion?
It's called having an educated opinion
Old 05-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I'm sure I did. I've evolved.

Which makes me feel weird about my old book At Least I'm Not A Faggot.
Yeah and wasn't KATG originally going to be called "Keith and some half-a-dyke" ? How times change.