Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Places
New York City, New York 43 55.13%
Denver, Colorado 35 44.87%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Also, if Chris's reason for trading options is "I know how they work", that's strong evidence against him knowing anything about options. "Knowing how they work" is equivalent to learning poker hands and deciding you're ready to go pro. There's tons of mathematics developed to price options, and nerds get paid bank and work/study 18 hour days to scalp people like Chris.

Regardless, I don't think anybody actually does pure options trading now, it's usually purchased as part of a hedging strategy to limit extreme swings. Example: you short Apple at $580 betting it goes down, then buy some options to get Apple at $585 to limit your downside if it happens to spike up.

See also: Hedge (finance)
See also: Black-Scholes
Further reading: Kelly criterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
I couldn't agree more. Google was developing products that made peoples' lives easier in more than one respect at the time they started as a publicly rated company, something that advertisers could get behind because you could get multiple bangs for your buck, so to speak. Facebook has just gotten really big for just one thing, and as far as we can tell, doesn't really have any other irons in the fire.

Not that facebook doesn't have value, because clearly to a lot of people it does. It's the only way I keep in touch with a lot of people from college, so I'll probably keep using it until it MySpaces out.
Don't forget Google was just making a push for AdWords (or AdSense, whichever) as a standard no-brainer ad revenue for sites.

And that's not to be 20/20 about Google IPO, I didn't invest and I don't think anybody predicted it would do as well as it did (they basically used that money to take the world over). This is just to compare 2012 Facebook being valued as worth basically 4x as much as 2004 Google, AND by buying it you're betting it's undervalued, which is lol imo.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #22 (permalink)

Good Lesbian Program

I heard Chemda mention at the end of the podcast that she has been watching the L Word and she's right. It's horrible!

I just wanted to give her a heads up that the BBC has a lesbian show called Lip Service. I watched 2 episodes of it over the weekend and like it better than L Word. It takes place in Glasgow, Scotland and involves a few lesbians and their friends. It has lesbian sex etc. etc. There are 2 seasons of it, but I think the seasons only have 6 episodes.

Here's the url to watch the first six:

Watch Lip Service Season 1 Full Episodes

I think the second season is on the BBC iplayer site if you like it.

BBC iPlayer - Search :lip service

The sex is good.....
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #23 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I'm sure I did. I've evolved.
It's a good thing, of course. But I was uncomfortable with Eminem's faggot this and faggot that back in the day. But I am 7 1/2 years older than you are.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #24 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
It's called having an educated opinion
If it's an opinion, then it cannot be fact. And as such, one's opinion can be argued from another perspective, well informed or ignorant. There's no such thing as an educated opinion. It's impossible. Educated guesses or assumptions, sure, but no educated opinions.

Think about it. What's the best band or movie? How about the best color or best vacation destination? I'm not asking which is your favorite. Your favorites are actually facts in your own life; facts which do not hold true elsewhere on a consistent basis. Your top picks for any topic are truly the cream of the crop in your own head and they stay that way until you decide otherwise. Now, what if I ask which is universally known, and proven to be the best.

Think about this: How is it possible to educate yourself on how to better form those facts? Only by listening to more music, watching more movies, etc. can you educate yourself further in order to support or restructure what you've deemed to be "the best" in your head; facts that you discovered through research. While still in your head, they are fact. There is no way someone else could support an argument with you as to why this movie or that isn't actually the best as far as you're concerned. When you start a discussion with others about their list as compared to yours, then it all becomes opinion. There is no possible way to become more educated about opinions.

You're saying Chris often spouts off about his uninformed opinions. That's complete horseshit. Opinions don't have to have supporting data. And just look at what you're doing. You're shitting all over him and the only thing you're using to back up your claim is your own opinion. How did you go about educating yourself to such an expert degree on how Chris' opinions are wrong? And for that matter, how does judging him make you right and Chris wrong? Opinions are formed regardless of how much information was gathered about a subject. Facts, on the other hand, are based solely on data. You're interchanging words thinking their meanings are the same or similar when that isn't the case at all.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
It's a good thing, of course. But I was uncomfortable with Eminem's faggot this and faggot that back in the day. But I am 7 1/2 years older than you are.
And you're gay.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #26 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
And you're gay.
Yeah, that too.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklXbns View Post
If it's an opinion, then it cannot be fact. And as such, one's opinion can be argued from another perspective, well informed or ignorant. There's no such thing as an educated opinion. It's impossible. Educated guesses or assumptions, sure, but no educated opinions.

Think about it. What's the best band or movie? How about the best color or best vacation destination? I'm not asking which is your favorite. Your favorites are actually facts in your own life; facts which do not hold true elsewhere on a consistent basis. Your top picks for any topic are truly the cream of the crop in your own head and they stay that way until you decide otherwise. Now, what if I ask which is universally known, and proven to be the best.

Think about this: How is it possible to educate yourself on how to better form those facts? Only by listening to more music, watching more movies, etc. can you educate yourself further in order to support or restructure what you've deemed to be "the best" in your head; facts that you discovered through research. While still in your head, they are fact. There is no way someone else could support an argument with you as to why this movie or that isn't actually the best as far as you're concerned. When you start a discussion with others about their list as compared to yours, then it all becomes opinion. There is no possible way to become more educated about opinions.

You're saying Chris often spouts off about his uninformed opinions. That's complete horseshit. Opinions don't have to have supporting data. And just look at what you're doing. You're shitting all over him and the only thing you're using to back up your claim is your own opinion. How did you go about educating yourself to such an expert degree on how Chris' opinions are wrong? And for that matter, how does judging him make you right and Chris wrong? Opinions are formed regardless of how much information was gathered about a subject. Facts, on the other hand, are based solely on data. You're interchanging words thinking their meanings are the same or similar when that isn't the case at all.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #28 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Very good, adult.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
What what...
Old 05-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Adam Carolla Identifies Media Bias – Support Dharun Ravi