Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever heckled a comic?
Yes 8 8.89%
No 82 91.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1592: Did you leave your oven on?

"I forgive you. You set my cat on fire."

Paul Hooper
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Just the title of the show reminded me that I did in fact leave the oven on. Thank you Keith and the Girl.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Doug Benson came through my little mtn town on the 'Med-pot Tour.' He did a joke about the Tea Party and I yelled, "Tea Bag Obama!" to which he repeated it and laughed. Then, (mostly drunk and wildly excited I yelled out again, this time something retarded and void of humor. He was so nice about it. He was just like, "Ok, that's enough out of you." I promptly shut up. I think he's more used to stoned, quiet crowds. I apologized after the show when I got his signature. As a comedy nerd, I still can't believe I've heard for years about how Comedians hate the audience to shout out like I did. Sometimes, you simply can't help it. You get excited. Douche-baggery usually follows...
Old 05-24-2012, 02:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Doug Benson came through my little mtn town on the 'Med-pot Tour.' He did a joke about the Tea Party and I yelled, "Tea Bag Obama!" to which he repeated it and laughed. Then, (mostly drunk and wildly excited I yelled out again, this time something retarded and void of humor. He was so nice about it. He was just like, "Ok, that's enough out of you." I promptly shut up. I think he's more used to stoned, quiet crowds. I apologized after the show when I got his signature. As a comedy nerd, I still can't believe I've heard for years about how Comedians hate the audience to shout out like I did. Sometimes, you simply can't help it. You get excited. Douche-baggery usually follows...
I remember my first beer.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

Heckling Comics

Back in the early 80's, Me, my boys and one hot blonde chick would heckle the shit out of comics in San Francisco. I had just had shoulder surgery and my arm was in a sling. A comic named Tree all 6'4 and shaved head threatned to twist my other arm off if I didn't shut up.When his jokes and combacks didn't work and he was forced to threaten me physically. Advantage heclker!!! A waitress at the club swung me a free pitcher that night cause I was the man.

Another time I entered a bathroom right behind Bobby Slayton "the pitbull of comedy" only to see a coke bindle swirling down the toilet. Slayton was good with his comebacks for my heckling. I remember very clearly that after 30 yrs Bobby made Me and my boys look like fools. He must have been flying high on some primo coke to have such witty combacks. Advantage Bobby Slayton.

I have .500 winning pct. heckling comics, that would get me into the play-offs.A great comic can handle hecklers, a good or average comic will get slayed by a heckler, I should know I draw the blade

Last edited by Powerhouse; 05-24-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhouse View Post
Back in the early 80's, Me, my boys and one hot blonde chick would heckle the shit out of comics in San Francisco. I had just had shoulder surgery and my arm was in a sling. A comic named Tree all 6'4 and shaved head threatned to twist my other arm off if I didn't shut up.When his jokes and combacks didn't work and he was forced to threaten me physically. Advantage heclker!!! A waitress at the club swung me a free pitcher that night cause I was the man.

Another time I entered a bathroom right behind Bobby Slayton "the pitbull of comedy" only to see a coke bindle swirling down the toilet. Slayton was good with his comebacks for my heckling. I remember very clearly that after 30 yrs Bobby made Me and my boys look like fools. He must have been flying high on some primo coke to have such witty combacks. Advantage Bobby Slayton.

I have .500 winning pct. heckling comics, that would get me into the play-offs.A great comic can handle hecklers, a good or average comic will get slayed by a heckler, I should know I draw the blade
Okay, hoss.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

This is either a well crafted piece of satire, or you sir are a cartoon character.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
This is either a well crafted piece of satire, or you sir are a cartoon character.
No, he's totally the man. Ask the made-up waitress who bought him and his made-up buddies a made-up pitcher of beer in the 80s.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i dont think he's made up but he's defnitely pushing it.

The whole post could be rewritten as "yeah, in the 80's i was an asshole. until Bobby slayton humiliated me so i kinda learned how to behave and shut the fuck up. I'm obese and lonely now, so i dont really go to see comedy anymore, i just watch the specials on tv. i tried to heckle once, but my wife told me to shut my fat mouth so i did. THen i masturbated and fell asleep".

I dont get heckling. Its like going to a concert to throw beer bottles at the musician. Stay home.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

Was your first arm broken as a result of "slaying" a comic, or from some other idiotic endeavor?