Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Can you have sex with someone you're angry at while you're angry at them?
Yes 49 60.49%
No 32 39.51%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1589: Mad About You

"I really went crazy."

Lauren Hennessy
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Hockey

So I just started listening to the show and Chemda seemed confused that there no fighting in hokey and that the only contact allowed is people running into each other. I'm not a sports person, I don't even watch the Stanley cup let alone any hokey, but as a Canadian I am forced to learn certain things about hockey, one of these things is that fighting is a grey line, they literally do drop their gloves and get to throw punches, its a real thing. Its alot like the movie "Goon", granted that movie is exaggerated but those are the real rules. That said typically there is no fighting allowed in the younger age groups.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Squirrel View Post
So I just started listening to the show and Chemda seemed confused that there no fighting in hokey and that the only contact allowed is people running into each other.
Chemda is not the one who is confused.

I worked in a place with two bathrooms, neither with any sort of identifying marks. Which led to a lot of people asking which was which and us explaining the the (female) owner's theory was that girls would leave their bathroom cleaner if they thought there was a possibility of a guy coming in after them.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Summer Olympics are coming up, athletes know your gender.

I wouldn't mind if a hot chick wanted to use the men's room, but I totally understand them not wanting a guy in theirs.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

The boy who is playing on the girls team has been for a few seasons but he recently, I guess after puberty hit, started to dominate. So now its an issue.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Doctorsleep just needs to wait a few more years until this unisex bathroom thing happens.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

I saw that that camera wasn't recording in DC. I felt really stupid about not saying anything, but the show had started and I didn't know what to do. I'm really sorry to everyone and Newsy. I think about that every once in awhile and get that overwhelming sense of embarrassment. Like when you relive saying something stupid to someone you like. Or worse, not saying anything.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Why hasn't anyone said that the person who failed to perform the job in which they were hired, while keeping the payment, is essentially a thief? What else would you call someone that promised to deliver goods or services in exchange for money, failed to deliver, but still took the money? Is "thief" too harsh a word to use for someone Keith and Chemda know? What if you bought something on the street that looked like a brand new, still-in-the-box item only to find that someone repackaged the box with a brick inside? Is that theft or are you just a sucker that got scammed?

When I have visual arts or website work done, I write up a simple contract. Typically, it's only three or four sentences long. I always include what I want done, the ability to request reasonable edits when early drafts are sent to me, and the final price. The reason I decided to start doing this is because I would hire my friends to do things for me and, without fail, they would wind up giving no shits about what I wanted. But they always gave shits about getting paid. Requesting someone to sign a contract always makes me feel like a demanding, egotistical prick, but I still have to do it to make sure that I get what I'm paying for. Also, I pay after the work is finished.

When I order food at a restaurant, I don't just take whatever food is put in front of me. Even if I know the waiter/waitress, I send back the wrong food politely and ask for what I ordered. (Of course, if I ask for no lettuce on a burger and lettuce is on the side or even on the burger, I wouldn't be an asshole. I just wouldn't put the lettuce on the burger.) The same thing goes for creative or tech work, too. It sucks to have to use contracts to keep people honest, but, sadly, that's where we are as a society right now.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Good thing you hired a "proficient" camera man.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
I saw that that camera wasn't recording in DC. I felt really stupid about not saying anything, but the show had started and I didn't know what to do. I'm really sorry to everyone and Newsy. I think about that every once in awhile and get that overwhelming sense of embarrassment. Like when you relive saying something stupid to someone you like. Or worse, not saying anything.
Can you imagine?
(Online)   Reply With Quote