Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you eat a dick?
Yes 5 6.02%
No 78 93.98%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1594: Care Understanding Nurturing Team

"I burnt the dick."

Comedian Joe DeRosa
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I LOVE the conversation about women and beauty and aging. Chemda is SO articulate and spot-on. I'm turning 30 this year and this hit a soft spot for me. When Chemda said, "I hope I'm not afraid to look in the mirror when I get older", I shuddered. Getting older has always scared me and embarking on an age without a "2" in front of it has had me stressed out all year. I try to be better than that but I'm not. Youth makes life much easier for us girls and I don't wanna grow up!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Chinese chef to patrons who ate his genitalia "You like that, come to my funeral dinner I'm going to have my assistants cook the rest of me."

No sauce please - sauce = jism

Get your fiance a very expensive ring, then she'll owe you for a while.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
I LOVE the conversation about women and beauty and aging. Chemda is SO articulate and spot-on. I'm turning 30 this year and this hit a soft spot for me. When Chemda said, "I hope I'm not afraid to look in the mirror when I get older", I shuddered. Getting older has always scared me and embarking on an age without a "2" in front of it has had me stressed out all year. I try to be better than that but I'm not. Youth makes life much easier for us girls and I don't wanna grow up!
If it makes you feel better, I see no cause for concern judging from pictures you post of yourself here.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappbrannigan View Post
If it makes you feel better, I see no cause for concern judging from pictures you post of yourself here.
I was gonna say the same thing but didn't want to seem like a weirdo. You have nothing to worry about at 30 lady.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Just in case anyone was curious the girlfriend character in The Social Network that was Mark's girlfriend is the same girlfriend he is engaged to marry.

I guess Chemda thought he would get with another girl after he became successful?
Old 05-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
I loved this segment so much. It's so wrong that I can slave over my appearance and then turn on the TV or open a magazine and be told that my efforts will never be enough. Chemda's right- even if you try to cut yourself off from that sort of thinking, with our constant exposure to media that message seeps in and gets under your skin.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalemon View Post
I loved this segment so much. It's so wrong that I can slave over my appearance and then turn on the TV or open a magazine and be told that my efforts will never be enough. Chemda's right- even if you try to cut yourself off from that sort of thinking, with our constant exposure to media that message seeps in and gets under your skin.
The pressure to conform to these magazine stereotypes is terrible, even worse for women when you consider that most of the media pictures women are trying to conform to have been digitally enhanced to remove all imperfections. No woman is ever going to be able to conform.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon View Post
Just in case anyone was curious the girlfriend character in The Social Network that was Mark's girlfriend is the same girlfriend he is engaged to marry.

I guess Chemda thought he would get with another girl after he became successful?
Mark doesn't have a girlfriend in the movie. The girl in the movie is Eduardo's girlfriend. And she's not based on Priscilla Chan (Zuckerberg's wife) unless 'based on' means Asian. But yes Priscilla Chan is the girlfriend he had in RL since Harvard and before facebook became a huge success.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

I think, for young people, there's "ideal figures" being thrown at both sexes: women should be thin, men should be muscular.

I think the difference is that the female ideals remain with age (as discussed). Look at the typical sitcom couple: It's "okay" for the man to be fat, bald, etc. but the wife remains thin and attractive. There are no "average" middle-aged women on TV, or if there are, it's a "hey look what this show is doing" kind of thing.