Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever lost your keys?
Yes 50 54.95%
No 41 45.05%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post
When Keith was saying, "D-Bag", I didn't miss a beat as that is the word I have to use when I want to say douchebag when at home. This comes from me once blurting out "douchebag" in front of my daughter who repeated it the instant I said it.

So when Chemda asked what D-Bag meant, I knew.
Keith has called me a dbag before, so I also knew.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

Last year, July 4, drove a Marine friend from Atlanta to Pensacola to get him back on base. After leaving the base, I decided to head over to Pensacola Beach to chill on the beach at night, watch the fireworks, take a swim, etc. before I was to make the long trek back.

Locked everything in the car with my single car key tucked into the front of my water shoes I was carrying down to the beach. As soon as I hit the sand, I hit a metallic 'plink!' Time just froze in that moment.

I'm this asshole on the beach holding his phone 1 inch off the sand to try in despair to find it and of course I did not. I knew no one, had no place to stay, my wallet was in my car, etc. Started to panic, figured I was going to be crashing under the pier that night (I had heard getting a new key from a dealership would cost me around $250, so it's like waiting for a loan collector to deliver an assraping you know is arriving).

Called AAA and they were sending a locksmith out to me. He didn't arrive for two hours as he was flooded with business that night.

I sat on the ground next to my car in the lot waiting. Some cops rolled up on me, thinking I was a drunk and they were cutting me off in my explanation, thinking they had just scored another one. Eventually, they felt for me and pointed out the PD that was just down the street and said I could go there if I had no place else to go.

Locksmith arrived, broke into my car, coded and cut me a new key, all for $69. And began the drive home weary and drained.

I now carry my keys on a lanyard, hang it in the same place in my house, and I hit my pocket that holds them at least three times to absolutely verify I have my keys on me. Not going through that shit again.

This sponsored service is genius.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote