Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Bowling etiquette
Keith's right. Chemda's a bitch. 118 80.82%
Chemda's right. Keith's a sensitive douche. 28 19.18%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetshart69 View Post
The "We Stopped Dreaming" video that Robotron posted is one of my favorites I've run across in the past few months. Really, any public speaking that Tyson does is great. The top 10 YouTube hits for a search of his name are probably all going to be gold. I'm pretty biased because my trade is neuroscience, but science is FUCKING COOL.

For example, today I'm going to be doing some surgery on mice. I'll be drilling a little hole in the skull, and basically injecting the blueprints for a protein that will allow me to activate specific neurons near the injection site whenever I want. The neurons I'm going for are the cells in the base of the brain that tell you that you aren't hungry (i.e. anorexigenic neurons). All I have to do (after they are all healed up) is give a little injection of a harmless drug into the body to activate those neurons and the mice won't eat! How is that not interesting?! I'm obviously trying to understand feeding circuits with this approach, but it can be applied anywhere in the brain!

This is in no way the goal, and would be highly ethically questionable, but think about if you had the protein expressed in neurons in a part of your reward pathway, and all you had to do to feel intense pleasure would be to give a tiny injection of a harmless drug, maybe something akin to an insulin shot. Is that really yawnersville?

I also inject light-activated proteins into the brain and use a fiberoptic cable inserted into the brain to shine blue light on the neurons to do the same thing. It's pretty crazy that we are starting to be able to control behavior at this basic of a level by basically the push of a button.
That is some awesome shit, huge potential!! You rock skeetskart! you like guns skeet made me think of it. Me I love guns I going shooting almost every time i'm at the lake which is about 2 to 3 weekends a month. Bet you do a lot of hunting in COL. Living the life there skeet..
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:17 PM   #82 (permalink)

High 5 Danny Hatch. Just standing up and letting someone know they're out of line typically shuts things down due to embarrassment. But if not and there's other civil people around, a mob will put a stop to most situations.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #83 (permalink)

Catching up yet again and i didnt read all of the comments cause fuck it (sorry if this has already been said [on top of being a month later]) but

1)The 42oz Nathan's beer is the best part about Coney Island. That and the dudes who sell quarter juices with booze on the beach. (Keith is wrong)

2) Bowling 101: you never take your turn when the next lane is up and vice versa. Its distracting even if you're not taking the game seriously. It's like holding the door for someone when you both get to the door at the same time; more of a courtesy/manners thing. (Keith is right)
Old 07-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #84 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
1)The 42oz Nathan's beer is the best part about Coney Island. (Keith is wrong)
Thing is, you're wrong that I'm wrong. The insanely out of control beer is the best part of that entire shit-dump. (Never mind it's blocks away.)
Old 07-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #85 (permalink)

Listening to 1609 now and i feel like a jerk for adding to the "Chemda is wrong! Bowling is important business!!" comments.

Keith, you are right. I dont know what I was thinking when I assumed you, of all people, would say "42 oz of beer? This is a bad thing." My sincerest apologies. You'd think I'd know better after listening for so long.