Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Libby's laughter
It adds 64 43.84%
It detracts 33 22.60%
It neithers 49 33.56%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1613: The Day the Laughter Died

"I'm gonna HBO the shit outta you!"

Lauren Hennessy

www.BenLerman.net
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Libbys laugh has nothing on Lucas'
Old 06-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

I've been wondering for weeks who was laughing. It's distracting and the whole "these guys get crabby/react when a guest taps a pen on the table" thing is a great example. Get on the mic or shush. I can't think of any other podcast that functions like that and there's probably a reason.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
I can't think of any other podcast that functions like that and there's probably a reason.
If you ask me, I just read that as a vote to keep it.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Other podcast

I find most podcasts annoying due to extra noise, however I don't mind the laugh. It adds in my opinion. It sort of adds the listeners voice, lets you know what other people think is funny without having more people on mic, its genuine. Also Keith and Chemda seem to play off it at times. They know that they said something to continue or elaborate on.

Quote:
I can't think of any other podcast that functions like that and there's probably a reason.
I can think of another good podcast that has a few people laughing live. You Had to be There, the podcast that past guests Nikki Glaser and Sara Schaefer put on weekly. And they're one of the very few podcast other than KATG that I actually enjoy.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
I've been wondering for weeks who was laughing. It's distracting and the whole "these guys get crabby/react when a guest taps a pen on the table" thing is a great example. Get on the mic or shush. I can't think of any other podcast that functions like that and there's probably a reason.
The background laughter..was never Lauren and Cat? I thought Cat was like 90% of all the laughter for many of the past shows. I KNOW previously Lauren was some of the laughing. Did I read this wrong?

I love the background laughing. Lucas' was good but Kyle's and Lauren's were always my favorite. Adds AMBIANCE. lol
Old 06-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSZilla View Post
I thought Cat was like 90% of all the laughter for many of the past shows.
That would be the oddest architecture career...
Old 06-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've also been wondering who was laughing in the background, I assumed it was Cat or Lauren. It doesn't bother me since the laughter tends to happen when I'm laughing so it doesn't come off as fake to me, when it's off key though I tend to laugh at her misplaced laughter.

I'm gonna have to vote in the neither here. Hopefully what's her face isn't offended by the votes and becomes one of those people that chokes every time something funny happens because they're to embarrassed to laugh.

Oh and check out Victor's thingy if you're interested.... Realm of LARP |
Old 06-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I like the laughter, it adds texture to the show. Not to mention how awesome it is to have a PR rep that actually wants to be so involved in each show. Also I think Brother Love's question should be answered.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The laughter has felt self-consciously forced or obligated once or twice but the vast majority of the time it's one of the little rays of sunshine in my day.