Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Guns
I have Keith et al.'s attitude. Guns are crazy. 76 61.29%
I disagree with Keith et al. Guns are just guns. 48 38.71%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #141 (permalink)

Man bites dog

Do your research and you will find that these situations, however tragic they may be, are not typical. By definition, justifiable homicide is when the person doing the shooting was cornered and had to choose between shooting and being harmed or killed. This happens, according to your cited study, more often when potential victims have guns. The result is fewer successful criminals, fewer victims, fewer inmates, and a small boost to the funeral industry. It looks like a win to me.

You also are pointing at situations that have not been determined to be justifiable homicide, and likely will not. In the case of the police officer it at best will be an accidental death, not justified; and if justice prevails will be manslaughter and the officer will be jailed. Who knows how the Trayvon Martin case will turn out - there has been so much smoke from both sides leaked to the press it has become more about lawyering than truth.

Again you are clinging to your beliefs and grasping at straws to justify your position. These examples do not belong in the study you quoted. I love that justifiable homicide has gone up as it shows that crime does not pay and Americans don't have to be crime victims. USA!

Please stop supporting higher crime, more rape, and more murder with your gun control religion. You have the right to believe these things, but it is a disgusting position to support.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #142 (permalink)

I thought they (KATG discussing it in it's use in NY) had already proven gun control can help calm down crime? Not stop it of course but hinder it?
Old 08-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #143 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really View Post
Do your research and you will find that these situations, however tragic they may be, are not typical. By definition, justifiable homicide is when the person doing the shooting was cornered and had to choose between shooting and being harmed or killed. This happens, according to your cited study, more often when potential victims have guns. The result is fewer successful criminals, fewer victims, fewer inmates, and a small boost to the funeral industry. It looks like a win to me.

You also are pointing at situations that have not been determined to be justifiable homicide, and likely will not. In the case of the police officer it at best will be an accidental death, not justified; and if justice prevails will be manslaughter and the officer will be jailed. Who knows how the Trayvon Martin case will turn out - there has been so much smoke from both sides leaked to the press it has become more about lawyering than truth.

Again you are clinging to your beliefs and grasping at straws to justify your position. These examples do not belong in the study you quoted. I love that justifiable homicide has gone up as it shows that crime does not pay and Americans don't have to be crime victims. USA!

Please stop supporting higher crime, more rape, and more murder with your gun control religion. You have the right to believe these things, but it is a disgusting position to support.
YES! Lets stop all rape by giving people guns so they shoot anyone that approaches them! USA!

Did you see the part where it said 25% of inmates liked the challenge of knowing their victim would be armed? Do you think it is better for someone to be robbed or for that person to kill another human? YAY GUNS! Shoot em up! Kill or be killed! I mean, I can't wait to go back to the days where someone thought another person was cheating and shot them in the saloon, things were SO much easier back then. And it thinned out the population. Total win win.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #144 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSZilla View Post
I thought they (KATG discussing it in it's use in NY) had already proven gun control can help calm down crime? Not stop it of course but hinder it?
Oh, but that makes sense...we can't have any of those statistic mumbo jumbos going on. We need to base things on loop holes and semantics about what is a death by gun and what isn't vs focusing on if there aren't guns, there isn't as much crime.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #145 (permalink)

Bloomberg has a big microphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSZilla View Post
Take a look at the references I made in previous posts. Read the books, listen to the other side of the argument with an open mind, look at the statistics and then decide for yourself. I don't want to convince anyone, I would like people to get educated and convince themselves. Although I'm sure individual situations can be cited that will support his position, the overall statistics do not support Bloomberg.

A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
Oh, but that makes sense...we can't have any of those statistic mumbo jumbos going on. We need to base things on loop holes and semantics about what is a death by gun and what isn't vs focusing on if there aren't guns, there isn't as much crime.
Your statement of faith "if there aren't guns, there isn't as much crime" has been proven wrong, several times, it works the other way "when there aren't as many guns there is more crime". I wouldn't put too much stock in the bravado of an inmate, statistics are more reliable.

Please re-read your posts, your position is based on emotional certainty, but not on fact. I am not playing games with statistics ... but you cite statistics and give examples that have nothing to do with those same statistics.

I understand that you hate guns. Don't get one.

I don't understand why you want to promote crime, rape, and murder.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really View Post
...I understand that you hate guns. Don't get one.

I don't understand why you want to promote crime, rape, and murder.
I quit. I knew I should of kept doing something else lol. Suddenly I wanna go see what Doctor Sleep is up too. Is he dead yet?