Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Guns
I have Keith et al.'s attitude. Guns are crazy. 76 61.29%
I disagree with Keith et al. Guns are just guns. 48 38.71%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Squirrel View Post
But need to be able to put down livestock in a humane yet cost effective way, there are many situations where an animal gets hurt or sick to an extent where there's nothing you can realistically do for them, yet they are in great pain. Putting them out of their misery is the best option, you have to shoot them. The only other quick way to kill an animal is "putting it to sleep" which is incredibly expensive and thus unrealistic for livestock. Also sometimes you just have to shoot a coyote or gopher that is messing up your crops or livestock.
Agreed completely! If you're on acres of your own land with livestock you own, OR in a big city with thousands of dollars of equipment slung over your shoulder, a firearm is not necessarily needed, but it can help in many ways.

As stated before, there is no going back, guns are here, robbers/crooks don't care about the law, therefore a law making them illegal only hurts the law-abiding citizens.

I was taught to fire a gun at the age of 7 years old, and I was also taught the rules of a firearm -- You don't pull/point it unless you're ready to pull the trigger.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

I don't even hunt. While I like meat, I'll let someone else do that for me. My firearms are for my protection and competition shooting only.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
Cause when you decide to take up arms against the US government, you have a reasonable chance of succeeding in overthrowing it.
The second amendment specifically states this as well. If you take away guns from the citizens, you're looking at another Hitler-age in the USA. We are allowed to possess firearms to protect ourselves from a corrupt government, amongst other things.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbailey View Post
The second amendment specifically states this as well.
Doesn't make it any more sane to believe.

All this hand wringing over potential Hitlers is just as insane.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

This gun thing may have been disputed before the muskets in the civil war or before a federal prisoner developed the first semi-automatic gun, but they're here, the technology is here. There is no going back, no mater what the law says. Anti-firearm laws only hurt the the law abiding people.

I'm done...
Old 07-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

DANGER, DANGER, HIGH VOLTAGE!!!

Electric Six - "Danger! High Voltage" - YouTube
Old 07-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

Occasionally a police officer enters our shooting competition, but they are only there for one or two nights. Reason being; they can't shoot. When you read about a police officer shooting someone, there's always 15 rounds spent (the capacity of the the magazines in their Glocks), with only 2 or 3 bullets hitting the suspect. So you tell me who is the most dangerous - Someone like me who learned self defense at 7 years old or a police officer that just keeps pulling the trigger until it goes "click". Where are those other 12 rounds going? Kids, playgrounds, etc?

It'll only take me 1 to 3 shots to take someone down at 25 yards.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
The second amendment specifically states this as well. If you take away guns from the citizens, you're looking at another Hitler-age in the USA. We are allowed to possess firearms to protect ourselves from a corrupt government, amongst other things.
I wish people would stop saying that the Nazi's or Hitler are coming back if something you disagree with happens. You would think the US has been under constant Hitler assault since the 1930s. Where are all these Hitlers coming from? why haven't they taken over all the other countries that don't have the same laws as the US?

It's fine to want to own guns and make reasonable arguments for it but Hitler is not a good argument. If guns prevent the government from taking away your rights, why have you lost some of your rights over the past 10 years? Why hasn't your gun ownership preventing that?

Also, there was never a first Hitler age in the US as the US was never under Hitler control, so this would be a theoretical first Hitler age your referring to.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #19 (permalink)

I think gun control should be a regional matter, and it is, rather than a national one. It should be really hard to get one in NYC, and it is, because the only thing to shoot there are people. It should be really easy to get one in Montana, and it is, because there's all kinds of animals to shoot and very few people.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Where are those other 12 rounds going? Kids, playgrounds, etc?
Fucking cops, always shooting around playgrounds.
Wont somebody please think of the children!