Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Were Trey Galyon's parents good parents?
Yes 30 50.00%
No 30 50.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1620: The Governments

"Just to be clear, my dad has never fucked me. And he never will unless he gets his shit together."

http://annielederman.tumblr.com/

Trey Galyon | Facebook

Keith and the Girl | Facebook
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

I fucking love trey and annie. annie had an amazingly funny perspective. and, small tits or no, she's damn sexy! please have her back on!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Trey's attitude towards .22 weapons was, to me, a disrespect born of familiarity and complacency. That is precisely the kind of attitude that gets people killed in easily preventable accidents.

Certainly, a low velocity purely target round 22 bullet might do little more than break the skin from a certain distance. A jacketed high velocity 22 long rifle or Winchester round, which fits in the same gun, can be very lethal however.

A gun should always be treated as a lethal weapon, and respected for the potential damage it can cause. Regardless of what you "know" or think you "know" about the status of the gun, whether it has ammunition in it and what kind of ammunition it might have, always respect it's potential.

However, undo fear of a firearm is just as dangerous! A gun has no more or less potential for lethality than any number of household implements. We just rarely consider that screwdriver, or the paring knife in our hand as deadly since we use them every day for non-lethal purposes.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Fun thing about statistics, let's say a police chief is being politically brow-beaten to show that crime is down. Can't have a thriving tourist trade if crime is through the roof can you? So how do you get crime down, without resorting to other politically unacceptable tactics like spending more money.

Statistics! Otherwise known as lying with facts.

There are numerous ways to do this. Don't file damaging crime reports until a less politically sensitive time, ensuring they won't be counted when the stats are compiled. Reclassify a murder as a domestic dispute, downgrade an attempted homicide as assault & battery.. the ways are endless, and the numbers can mean whatever the persons putting them together wants them to mean.

So is New York safer than bumblefuck Tennessee? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe New Yorkers are more resigned to being robbed at gunpoint and a) unlikely to shoot back (since they don't have a gun) and b) less likely to report it to the police since they know the cops won't do shit about it.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Chemda asked a question about why, WHYYYYYY would someone need a handgun in less than 6 months!

Gee, I don't know. Maybe their stalker ex is trying to fuck with them and they need a gun to feel safe in their own home because the police aren't doing jack shit to enforce their restraining order. Because unlike on Law & Order, anyone can get a restraining order for anything and there are frankly way too many to ever be effectively enforced. They're so routine you practically get one just for showing up in court and spelling your name accurately.

Now, I do agree that there should be a background check during a short waiting period and mandatory gun safety course when purchasing a firearm. Six months though is on the far extreme.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonik View Post
"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Fun thing about statistics, let's say a police chief is being politically brow-beaten to show that crime is down. Can't have a thriving tourist trade if crime is through the roof can you? So how do you get crime down, without resorting to other politically unacceptable tactics like spending more money.

Statistics! Otherwise known as lying with facts.

There are numerous ways to do this. Don't file damaging crime reports until a less politically sensitive time, ensuring they won't be counted when the stats are compiled. Reclassify a murder as a domestic dispute, downgrade an attempted homicide as assault & battery.. the ways are endless, and the numbers can mean whatever the persons putting them together wants them to mean.

So is New York safer than bumblefuck Tennessee? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe New Yorkers are more resigned to being robbed at gunpoint and a) unlikely to shoot back (since they don't have a gun) and b) less likely to report it to the police since they know the cops won't do shit about it.

Ah, so you don't like these stats, so they must be false, and on top of that, no one in New York reports their crimes. Okay.

Perhaps a simpler explanation is that there are so many more people in New York that there's a perception that there's a lot more crime? Keith provided stats per 100K. How many areas of TN even have 100K people? Memphis and Nashville? The five boroughs of NYC have 8 million people. The entire state of TN has 6 million people.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

Annie Lederman rocks. She's so quick with the biting retorts. Girl crush.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Trey is always great. But I believe I'm in love with Annie. Great guest!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #9 (permalink)

Annie Lederman. Soooo hot. She looks like Laura Prepon from That 70s Show.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

2010 Data:
New York City: 533 murders ( United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
Entire State of Tennessee: 357 murders ( Tennessee Crime Rates 1960 - 2010 )

I'm from Texas and our murder rate is 5.0 per 100k versus 4.5 for New York and 6.4 for NYC. Yay guns!