Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Keith and parents and love and all that
He's right as rain 50 64.10%
He's wrong as slush 28 35.90%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #21 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Holy bahoogas Pat is a genius. I also love Ray.

Awesome episode.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Losing a parent earlier than expected sucks ass. Losing two would be excruciatingly painful. I really feel for Ray.

My son was born 2 days after my Dads' funeral and he has been a difficult baby; Still not sleeping through the night at 13 months, constant battles trying to get his weight up, intolerances to many foods, etc... My daughter is 3, prime time for acting up, attitude, hitting her brother and general "fun". Coupled with a bunch of other things that have transgressed in the last year, I have lost my cool MANY times. Some times when I am on my own, some times when I am with the kids, but I have never hit them. I just couldn't live with myself. I have a hard enough time after I've raised my voice at my daughter. You just feel like a monster. I might be struggling dealing with a lot of shit and also not getting good sleep, but they are kids. They are supposed to be difficult and you just have to man up and adapt as they throw new things, some times literally, at you.

I would forgive my father if he had hit me, but that doesn't make it right. But when they are gone, at least for me, its hard to bad mouth them. I think the "fuck 'em" attitude will fly out the window when the inevitable comes round.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #23 (permalink)

I also loved Pat's Woo-ing. I notice it every time he does it now, especially on the Crime Report where he does it OFTEN. It's like he's just acknowledging that a good joke was displayed and rewarding everyone for it.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith has the right of things about parents. I think it may have been confusing the way he worded it on the show though. If the question is "Do all parents love their kids?" then "no" is the right answer, there are parents who don't like their kids or resent them for some reason. However the way I understood it Keith was talking about these parents in general. Most parents do love their kids. The vast majority of parents who abuse and beat their kids honestly believe they're doing it for the kids own good AND when the kids grow up they will say something like "I wish my parents didn't beat me but they loved me and tried their best." the fact is they ARE bad parents, but they would never say they didn't love their kids.
Love is only a tiny part of good parenting.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:48 AM   #25 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post
Losing a parent earlier than expected sucks ass. Losing two would be excruciatingly painful. I really feel for Ray.

My son was born 2 days after my Dads' funeral and he has been a difficult baby; Still not sleeping through the night at 13 months, constant battles trying to get his weight up, intolerances to many foods, etc... My daughter is 3, prime time for acting up, attitude, hitting her brother and general "fun". Coupled with a bunch of other things that have transgressed in the last year, I have lost my cool MANY times. Some times when I am on my own, some times when I am with the kids, but I have never hit them. I just couldn't live with myself. I have a hard enough time after I've raised my voice at my daughter. You just feel like a monster. I might be struggling dealing with a lot of shit and also not getting good sleep, but they are kids. They are supposed to be difficult and you just have to man up and adapt as they throw new things, some times literally, at you.

I would forgive my father if he had hit me, but that doesn't make it right. But when they are gone, at least for me, its hard to bad mouth them. I think the "fuck 'em" attitude will fly out the window when the inevitable comes round.
This is a really great example. I am so sorry you are going through this right now, it is not easy. I swear some of the most difficult struggles are when dietary limitations exsist...it can take all your energy out of you.

I wish you the best through this struggle. Keep showing affection to those kiddos and you'll make it through
Old 07-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Pat and Ray should be doing more things together. Holy crap.

"The Sweater" is, in a way, already a Spider-Man villain. Your instincts are better than you want them to be, Keith.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #27 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Great show. Ray and Pat were absolutely hilarious. Also cried laughing listening to Keith read the literally unbelievable stuff.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #28 (permalink)

"Ha ha! Woooo!"
How stoned was Pat Dixon?
And is he still claiming to be sober?
Old 07-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #29 (permalink)

Nothing new to add other than more love for Pat and Ray. The constant ribbing that Ray has been on the receiving end of for the past few years has always made me feel for the guy, especially in the way that he's been such a good sport about it (and I will never not laugh out loud at some Ray-as-man-child anecdote from Jesse).
Old 07-17-2012, 04:47 AM   #30 (permalink)

I think if you can't tell the difference between corporal punishment and beating the shit out of a kid you should seriously question your own upbringing.

I went to a catholic boys school back in the bad old days, and was given "six of the best" or "the cuts" (hit with a cane) on more than a few occasions. Now maybe what they did was wrong and maybe they didn't know any better. But the punishment was proportionate to the crime and was not done in anger.

However there was never a time, not in the past fifty years, not in the past two thousand years where it was OK to kick the shit out of a child. Ever.

Of course they were a lot more blurry on where to draw the line when it came to kiddy fiddling.
“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at M.I.T.; good genes, very good genes, O.K., very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, O.K. …”
- Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States of America