Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you understand patriotism?
Yes 82 58.57%
No 58 41.43%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1622: McNally: Right Again

"I'm seeing much more Spider-Man than I'm seeing Peter Parker from you, and that's very good to see."

Keith McNally (keithmcnally) on Twitter

Danny Hatch (dannyhatch) on Twitter

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

If you vote "yes" on the poll, I think you oughta mention which country you're from. Like I can't fucking guess, you savages.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

I can understand being patriotic, but sometimes it's because we are celebrating a holiday. It can also be due to an event that happened like 9/11 or the killing of Osama bin Laden. When 9/11 happened the country felt united, the house and senate were pledging to be unilateral and military enlistment went up. What's happening today? Same stuff that happened before 9/11 but with a greater emphasis on security.

Let me put it a different way. I live in Nebraska and I root for our college sports teams. I have several Cornhusker shirts to show that I'm a fan. Of course I want them to win but I don't get bent out of shape when they don't.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Awesome to hear so many nice things about Danny today. I tend to not laugh out loud a lot, even when I'm very amused. But sometimes I find myself laughing out loud, a lot, at Danny and I don't even know why. Oh but not in a mean way.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

@ Danny - Once you let go of inhibitions, every choice in life is fun.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

There's almost nothing better than McNally hating on NYC and America and Keith and Chemda loving on them. AT each other. One of the top 5 episodes of 2012 so far easily.

EASILY!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

In my experience, there is something to what McNally is saying.

Yes, people identify with where they are from and thus tend to over exaggerate the good things about it, when they are somewhere else.
But, in general, I have found that Americans tend to have a tad more of the "fuck yeah, my country!"-attitude while inside their country than any other culture I have encountered. I don't find the French going around padding themselves on their backs that they're French while among themselves, for example.

Having a good dose of self-mockery helps keep that juvenile and pesky patriotism-thing at bay.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
There's almost nothing better than McNally hating on NYC and America and Keith and Chemda loving on them. AT each other. One of the top 5 episodes of 2012 so far easily.

EASILY!!!
See, I usually keep a select few on my playlist. I get bored if I don't REALLLLY like it. Or two certain singing guest duo (one named Myke) are present...I'm ALWAYS in. Eventually, I'll get sick of it and delete it. Save space, etc, then Redownload if I miss it. Welp, so much for that. Then to make matters worse I honestly CANNOT say what episode is my favorite this year. The snowpocalyps Micah episode and the one where Keith and Micah make fun of the pretentious Mark Yoshimoto Nemcoff are my tops. Close third; the one where we hear Sarah Palin talk about Revere's ride through town and Keith's awesome commentary.

Problem? VIP is my only answer. This year has been ALMOST back-to-back fucking awesome. It's like they have a vice grip on my testicles. But it kind of feels good. Does this make sense? Maybe I'm tired.
Medium Brumski: The only reason we have the 2nd Amendment is because John Adams was afraid of the zombie apocalypse and he wanted to make sure Americans would be prepared, I guess Keith hasn't gotten to that part of the mini-series yet.

Sparrow:...Brings up her point? What point?! Are we naht suckin' ya cahk hahd enough, Sue?!?

Keith: Oh, you...
Old 07-17-2012, 07:19 AM   #9 (permalink)

I have been to NYC several times, most recently just a few weeks ago and I love it there. There is so much history, tonnes of things to do and the atmosphere is full of energy. That being said, I wouldn't want to live there. But I agree with Chemda, that doesn't make it a bad place it just means that it isn't for me.

While I agree with some of McNalley's points (ex: voting on basic human rights), I don't understand his problem with Patriotism. Sure, maybe American's are a little more out spoken than the rest of the free world, but who cares? I personally love my country! If someone was offended by me loving my country too much.... well that would just be silly.

Anyway.... since I missed Canada day (because of my trip to NYC) I will post my favourite pro-Canada video. Enjoy!

Canadian, Please ♫ - YouTube
Old 07-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

Reality TV Editing